Similar forum like this but for AT&T?

xmx1024

Hate to bring up another carrier on here, but I am on AT&T right now and do plan to switch to sprint as soon as my contract is up. is there a forum similar to this but relating to the AT&T network?

Hate to bring up another carrier on here, but I am on AT&T right now and do plan to switch to sprint as soon as my contract is up. is there a forum similar to this but relating to the AT&T network?

No.  Basically, third party online resources devoted to AT&T are nil.  For AT&T discussion, you will find only sub forums of general wireless discussion sites.  AT&T just does not generate the same user interest as does Sprint or T-Mobile.  People may use AT&T, but few seem to like AT&T.

AJ

• Like 8

No.  Basically, third party online resources devoted to AT&T are nil.  For AT&T discussion, you will find only sub forums of general wireless discussion sites.  AT&T just does not generate the same user interest as does Sprint or T-Mobile.  People may use AT&T, but few seem to like AT&T.

AJ

Hah, true. Thanks for the help. I'm excited to switch!

• Like 1

AJ

yup I would agree!!

yup I would agree!!

Even that site information is so so it seems

One reason may be that if a site similar to S4GRU were to publish AT&T insider network info, AT&T likely would stamp it out with legal action.

AJ

• Like 3

The other reason there isn't as much interest about AT&T is that they're not really doing anything extraordinary or exciting, really, where as Sprint and T-Mobile are doing massive build-outs and actually shaking things up. AT&T is just maintaining. 

• Like 4

The other reason there isn't as much interest about AT&T is that they're not really doing anything extraordinary or exciting, really, where as Sprint and T-Mobile are doing massive build-outs and actually shaking things up. AT&T is just maintaining. 

I'd say "maintaining" is even getting to be a stretch. With the reports from RootMetrics coming in, it sounds like a lot of places need updating. Even Robert has mentioned there are numerous sub-par areas.

• Like 1

I'd say "maintaining" is even getting to be a stretch. With the reports from RootMetrics coming in, it sounds like a lot of places need updating. Even Robert has mentioned there are numerous sub-par areas.

This is 100% correct, but I'd like to mention I don't think AT&T is crumbling so fast in suburban/rural areas, or at least not as much.

I still have a far superior experience with AT&T to this day. I can virtually always pull a minimum of 10-15 down (not a speedtest fiend, but I do check occasionally and when I go to new places) on LTE and 3-5 on H+. I might be a huge minority, but I've still yet to see the problems I know indeed do exist for others. 

For comparison, I speedtested a VZW user's phone today to see humorously if they've given a care yet, and with a healthy signal and ping: ~0.40 megabits down and 1.5 up. This is commonplace for LTE for them for nearly a year now and zero concern from what some seem to think is the best carrier on the face of the earth. 

My point is, the big two are both licking the wounds they caused in places all over, where they banked on people accepting the quantity instead of quality while they've both failed to invest and deliver the combination of both in time for many.

• Like 2

Hardly maintaining, as their data performance has been dropping, still no VoLTE or Carrier Aggregation rolled out in a meaningful number of Top markets. It's been a very sloppy job.

It seems to me that they've lost their focus and shifted resources and investment into Mexico, DTV, and small things that don't require almost any infrastructure investment like IoT (50¢ connected cars, homes, etc). That's where their "growth" comes from.

They've not been making their wireless subscribers happy in a long, long time, dropping a few hundred thousand prime postpaid phone subs for several quarters in a row.

• Like 4

The thing about AT&T is that it is getting highly variable by market.  My region is great (except Sioux Falls), and AT&T often out performs Verizon here.  Even with a 10x10 and 5x5 over VZW's 10x10 and 15x15.  However, the places I travel are a mixed bag.  Some places are still good, some places are fair.  But Denver is God awful for AT&T.  Like Sprint circa 2012/2013.

• Like 3

And then on the contrary you have Chicago where they've just upgraded AWS to 10x10. Can't find a lick of congestion anywhere that they've completed that upgrade so far.

• Like 1

Hardly maintaining, as their data performance has been dropping, still no VoLTE or Carrier Aggregation rolled out in a meaningful number of Top markets. It's been a very sloppy job.

It seems to me that they've lost their focus and shifted resources and investment into Mexico, DTV, and small things that don't require almost any infrastructure investment like IoT (50¢ connected cars, homes, etc). That's where their "growth" comes from.

They've not been making their wireless subscribers happy in a long, long time, dropping a few hundred thousand prime postpaid phone subs for several quarters in a row.

I will attest that as a non-urban customer, AT&T makes me very happy and others who are stuck with VZW's non-competitiveness and sub-EV-DO speeds as the alternative (and T-Mobile's non-existence and Sprint's work-in-progress). That will continue to benefit them in many areas, which is why their churn is not as embarrassingly high, nor their situation as bleak as your statement would make them out to be.

Time will tell if AT&T will indeed truly fail to make their (all, or certain urban?) subscribers happy or if they will pick up the pace, as most of their rumored and alleged plans for getting down to business are not to be expected for several months, mainly mid and end-year. 

I will attest that as a non-urban customer, AT&T makes me very happy and others who are stuck with VZW's non-competitiveness and sub-EV-DO speeds as the alternative (and T-Mobile's non-existence and Sprint's work-in-progress). That will continue to benefit them in many areas, which is why their churn is not as embarrassingly high, nor their situation as bleak as your statement would make them out to be.

Time will tell if AT&T will indeed truly fail to make their (all, or certain urban?) subscribers happy or if they will pick up the pace, as most of their rumored and alleged plans for getting down to business are not to be expected for several months, mainly mid and end-year. 

Where exactly are you that VZW is that bad and T-Mobile and Sprint are not in the game yet?

• Like 1

74b6a51511bb6ae9416e61129d4d7433.jpg

In this area coverage map says there is LTE, but I didn't have LTE. I wasn't disappointed though because I was pulling 5+ on HSPA+ 1/2 a mile from the tower. It seems 1700mhz HSPA+ travels a lot farther than 700mhz LTE.

Where exactly are you that VZW is that bad and T-Mobile and Sprint are not in the game yet?

I'm normally don't entertain trolling, but I'll reiterate that I'm in a non-urban area, which in my case is a mix of suburbia and rural.

Sprint is physically here, but they have a couple of noticeable holes and too much LTE left to deploy for my taste (and roaming in the more rural areas, although that's not really a concern for me), so I can't quite use them as my primary yet. They are making progress, so hopefully by the end of this year. 

I'm normally don't entertain trolling, but I'll reiterate that I'm in a non-urban area, which in my case is a mix of suburbia and rural.

How's your negative (Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon) anecdotal experience in which you're not even willing to share the general geographical area of coverage going to help any one of us relate or discuss? 

• Like 3

How's your negative (Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon) anecdotal experience in which you're not even willing to share the general geographical area of coverage going to help any one of us relate or discuss? 

My location is not absent from my profile. You're also putting words in my mouth. I never said I had a negative experience with Sprint, so stop with the Fabian tactics. 

Mention 1: "Sprint's work-in-progress"

Mention 2: "Sprint is physically here, but they have a couple of noticeable holes and too much LTE left to deploy for my taste"

For AT&T, I even stated my experience may be anecdotal: "I might be a huge minority, but I've still yet to see the problems I know indeed do exist for others."

My location is not absent from my profile. You're also putting words in my mouth. I never said I had a negative experience with Sprint, so stop with the Fabian tactics. 

Oh... let's not go there. I'm pretty sure personal attacks aren't tolerated here.

I'll just let the mods deal with this.

Oh... let's not go there. I'm pretty sure personal attacks aren't tolerated here.

I'll just let the mods deal with this.

I had not heard before being accused of "Fabian tactics" construed as a "personal attack."  But that is a pretty good one -- on both ends.  I guess some people do not want to be associated with Fabian Cortez.

Now, everyone, back on track.  Thanks...

AJ

• Like 4

I had not heard before being accused of "Fabian tactics" construed as a "personal attack."  But that is a pretty good one -- on both ends.  I guess some people do not want to be associated with Fabian Cortez.

Now, everyone, back on track.  Thanks...

AJ

Yeah I also enjoyed the elusive "rural Downstate NY" part...  :tu:

Yeah I'm loving the "rural Downstate NY" part...  :tu:

Plenty of areas in the Catskills and Taconics or even along the Hudson in downstate New York are not far from large population centers, but they could be considered "rural."

AJ

• Like 2