Does Sprint have contingencies in place for the California exodus?

ImmerStark

Perhaps not at the moment because it's not absolutely necessary. However, if push comes to shove, whoever's sitting in the governor's mansion won't let Clark County whither just because Nye, Esmerelda, White Pine and the other rural counties don't want to share. ;)

And hopefully that will never happen to Nye County. The amount of water we have will only cover Las Vegas for a few years.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Perhaps not at the moment because it's not absolutely necessary. However, if push comes to shove, whoever's sitting in the governor's mansion won't let Clark County whither just because Nye, Esmerelda, White Pine and the other rural counties don't want to share. ;)

Share? Share??? The State of Nevada over allocated water rights in White Pine, Esmeralda, Nye and Lincoln counties. Actually all counties. At least water users in that area, farmers and municipalities and powerplants, their water percs back into the ground and can be used over and over again. If Las Vegas took water from those basins and transported it to Clark County, that water would never recharge and those basins would not be able to supply local water rights in a few years.

One of my friends is a Hydrologist for the State of Nevada. Don't forget, yours truly lived in Nevada for 16 years. If everyone used all their water rights in Nevada, the state would go high and dry the first year, even if it was a wet year. The system only doesn't fail because people don't use all their allocations and current uses keep water in their own basins. Central and Eastern Nevada is a desert. They cannot spare the water. It's a fragile ecosystem where the current usage rates doesn't even fully recharge the acquifer in but the wettest years.

Vegas needs to look elsewhere for water than the driest counties in the nation with limited water supplies. Perhaps Vegas should get more of the Colorado watershed? If Las Vegas had been a major community when the Colorado was dammed, they would have received a much larger pro rata share. But more importantly, treated effluent needs to be used to the highest degree possible in major communities in the desert. Purple Pipe FTW!

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

If all the agriculture in Cali were dried up, would it all be irreplaceable by farms in wetter USA areas?

I get that Mediterranean-y crops like almonds would have a price spike but other stuff… wouldn't the price spike incentivize increased production elsewhere?

Aren't farmers still bring paid to NOT grow crops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all the agriculture in Cali were dried up, would it all be irreplaceable by farms in wetter USA areas?

I get that Mediterranean-y crops like almonds would have a price spike but other stuff… wouldn't the price spike incentivize increased production elsewhere?

Aren't farmers still bring paid to NOT grow crops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California is the the 7th largest economy in the world with a significant part of that being agriculture because of good soil and the weather.

You can replace the amount of territory you can farm on but you'll never change the growing season.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Put a brick in your toilet and call it a day. Lol

Actually, you can get a $100 rebate by water agencies in CA to move to a 1.2 gal/flush toilet.  Basically makes the toilet almost free if you know how to install.

Growing up in CA during the 91-92 drought, we were paid to upgrade to 1.6 gal/flush toilets... now it is 1.2 gal/flush.  I am sure in 2024 it will be 1 gal/flush toilets.

I use a 1.2 gal/flush toilet by toto today and it is FAR better than the 1.6+ gallon/flush toilets of the past.  No idea how they do it.

I use a 1.2 gal/flush toilet by toto today and it is FAR better than the 1.6+ gallon/flush toilets of the past. No idea how they do it.

AL bundy would not be a fan...

• Like 1

Let's not forget the role of environmentalists' No Damns In My Back Yard (NDIMBY)

'Man-made disaster': Critics say California drought caused by misguided environment policies

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/16/man-made-disaster-critics-say-california-drought-caused-by-misguided/

Let's not forget the role of environmentalists' No Damns In My Back Yard (NDIMBY)

That is Robert.  He does not allow cursing at his house.

AJ