HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

Not really, the best way to do it is to shower with the bathroom door closed and after you're done apply it while you're in there. The steam gets all the particles out of the air, then you just apply it like a normal screen protector. Wipe off the screen so its clean, pick an edge and try to line it up as best as you can using whatever technique you prefer to keep it from bubbling.

Ok great, I'll try that when mine arrives on Friday.

The folks who use them, the glass screen protectors are all wet installs right? I just ordered the Skinomi, let's see how it plays out. I always avoided wet installs, ever since I got the Zagg for my iPhone 5 and it started peeling after 1.5 years.

All the ones I used have never been a wet install, you just have to make sure you get it right the first time, because once its on thats basically it for the most part. Trying to take it back off will more than likely damage it.

Just read that there is suppose to be an ota available tomorrow that will drastically improve the camera performance.

• Like 1

Just read that there is suppose to be an ota available tomorrow that will drastically improve the camera performance.

Oh of course, right after I break my ability to OTA [emoji58]...

As a photographer with a film degree, I can improve your camera.  Get a real camera.  Learn the fundamentals of photography and optical physics.  If you obsesss over smartphone camera specs, you suck.

AJ

• Like 3

There is something very strange about that article and update rumor going around tonight. All of the commentary suggests that this is a US update to bring the software current with the latest International version which improves the camera. However it is quoted that the software update that we are supposed to get starting tomorrow is version 1.32.531.33. My version is already 1.32.651.17.

So I don't really understand what is going on.

As a photographer with a film degree, I can improve your camera. Get a real camera. Learn the fundamentals of photography and optical physics. If you obsesss over smartphone camera specs, you suck.

AJ

That's very true but that's not to say that they can't make the camera better by updating the software.

That's very true but that's not to say that they can't make the camera better by updating the software.

Take a look at what can be done within the span of a week with a 1.3 MP flip phone camera almost a decade ago.

http://ajshepherd.blogspot.com/

At least two or three of those shots are outstanding -- regardless of medium or technical limitations.  That is because knowledge and skill are dependent upon the photographer.  No smartphone camera specs are going to fix that.  The specs are so similar that they are almost irrelevant -- except for maybe that godawful protruding lens Nokia thing.

AJ

• Like 2

Not true at all... Camera can vastly improve through software updates... Algorithms tweaked in the processing of the image can greatly improve the end result... HTC does it all the time.

I am agreeing with you. Reread my post. I think you might have missed the double negative in my sentence.

• Like 1

Not true at all... Camera can vastly improve through software updates... Algorithms tweaked in the processing of the image can greatly improve the end result... HTC does it all the time.

Congratulations, saw the announcement on the "other" website the other day, LOL.

• Like 2

Congratulations, saw the announcement on the "other" website the other day, LOL.

I am part of the "other" website too now. I forgot to tell you all.

I call the "other" web site TGIT.

;)

AJ

Did anybody get an updated firmware today? The rumors were the Sprint version was being distributed today.

Would a big blue tinted spot in the upper right corner of my screen be a call to Sprint of HTC? I never noticed it before since my background in that spot is also blue.

Yep, downloading it now. Hopefully, these improvements help more than just the camera, battery life seems to be questionable for me as well. My m8 definitely lasts longer.