HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

Joking aside, I do think this a bit of a gaffe on the part of HTC -- both to call this handset "M9" and to offer it in a "gunmetal" finish.  HTC should have skipped one or the other this generation.

AJ

Well... save that for the 2022 model, I have one of those as well.  :2tu:

Why would they set band priority to 25>26>41????

Would of expected it to be 41>25>26 no?

Would think it would be tough to be out of range of band 25/26 and pick up only 41 no?... Would require a location where there is only clear signal basically.

Well... save that for the 2022 model, I have one of those as well.  :2tu:

My amazing powers of logical deduction say M16.  Am I correct?

AJ

:tu:

If both HTC and S4GRU are still going in 2022, and there is an HTC One M16, that will be quite a trip.

AJ

• Like 2

Well I'm joining this club in a few days. Anyone have a case and/or a tempered glass screen protector they'd recommend?

• Like 1

Well I'm joining this club in a few days. Anyone have a case and/or a tempered glass screen protector they'd recommend?

I am using a supershieldz tempered glass protector, have had great luck with those over the years.  As far as cases go i am using a basic clear tpu case.

I am using a supershieldz tempered glass protector, have had great luck with those over the years. As far as cases go i am using a basic clear tpu case.

Does it stopped at each edge of the actual screen like most, or does it cover the full face of the phone? The pictures on amazon are of a 6/6+ xD.

Spigen's Thin Fit case is great for minimal coverage while showing of the sexy lines and build of this device.  Standard TPU is good for full coverage.  I have pics of the Thin Fit on my brothers Silver/Gold that I sent to him, no pics of TPU on a phone yet BUT I could probably take pics of both Thin Fit and Black TPU tomorrow. No screen pro here, never needed but if I did, I'd give Supershieldz a try based on muffinman and others recommendation OR the Zagg tempered series. 

I just received my Spigen Neo Hybrid case in gunmetal grey just a few minutes ago and it is absolutely spectacular. It goes with the phone perfectly, looks high end and I love the textured back for grip. I went with a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and I just picked one that had a lot of high quality reviews and that works well too. I've never used a tempered glass protector before but I will not go back to the film type after having this one.

Does it stopped at each edge of the actual screen like most, or does it cover the full face of the phone? The pictures on amazon are of a 6/6+ xD.

It covers the glass and stops at the top and bottom speakers.  I would assume that any of them that covers the entire front of the phone is because that phone has an all glass front where as the m9 has the metal speaker grills.

It covers the glass and stops at the top and bottom speakers. I would assume that any of them that covers the entire front of the phone is because that phone has an all glass front where as the m9 has the metal speaker grills.

That's what I assumed based off the reasons you said. Thank you for clarifying.

Any news M9 shipping already?

Mines supposed to be here Thursday. Trying to decide if I need an SD card, and how big...

Mines supposed to be here Thursday. Trying to decide if I need an SD card, and how big...

I'd say 32gig as they aren't that expensive, pictures are 3-5mb AND if you are "root" kinda guy, a stock nandroid is 8gb (system is 4.3gb alone). 

Any news M9 shipping already?

They've been shipping since the 2nd or 3rd, just gotta order online and it'll magically appear, rather quickly. :)

I'd say 32gig as they aren't that expensive, pictures are 3-5mb AND if you are "root" kinda guy, a stock nandroid is 8gb (system is 4.3gb alone).

They've been shipping since the 2nd or 3rd, just gotta order online and it'll magically appear, rather quickly. :)

There's no if, first thing I'm doing is unlocking and rooting (s-offing off too if its out by then..) XD. Right now going off Amazon there's only a 10 dollar difference from 32-64, although now I'm trying to decide on read/write speeds >.>...
  • Like 1

Any RF test anyone?  Depending how the RF performs on B25 and B41 is a deciding factor between the M9 or the S6 Edge for me.  Need a good performer because no B26 for us in San Diego anytime soon.

Any RF test anyone?  Depending how the RF performs on B25 and B41 is a deciding factor between the M9 or the S6 Edge for me.  Need a good performer because no B26 for us in San Diego anytime soon.

Well I already have the m9 and as far as rf goes it's pretty close to the m8, maybe slightly better. Unfortunately I am in a band 25 only market until next week when I head back to atlanta. I have also pre-ordered the s6 edge so when that comes in I can do a comparison. For what its worth though, AJ's article made it pretty clear(at least on paper anyway) that the m9 is better than the s6 when it comes to rf performance but of course things could always change in the real world.

• Like 3

I've had my M9 a week, and its very smooth and nice. I love Skinomi's glass screen protector; it's a little thinner for better profile (0.33 mm, they say). I got Spigen's thin TPU case, and its very nice, too.

I upgraded from an M7, so I'm pleased. Gets a little warm when stressed, but that's all. There's a great thread on xda for manual camera settings that help make up for HTC's crappy post-processing. I'm hoping they tweak the software some more with updates. All in all, most of the negative reviews were way too harsh. Posts by real owners are much more favorable and realistic.

I haven't really treated signal strength, but it seems just fine. I've been kicked down to 1x roaming on US Cellular a lot, but that could be due to nTelos-land evolution. (At least, that's the fervent hope here!)

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One M9

• Like 1

Any RF test anyone? Depending how the RF performs on B25 and B41 is a deciding factor between the M9 or the S6 Edge for me. Need a good performer because no B26 for us in San Diego anytime soon.

Don't see how anyone could ever connect to band 41 the way it's set now. It would require that band to be the only one available at all as band priority is currently 25>26>41 now....

Don't see how anyone could ever connect to band 41 the way it's set now. It would require that band to be the only one available at all as band priority is currently 25>26>41 now....

We don't have B26 in San Diego.  We are getting more B41 and seems like my S5 does not latch on B41 too well.

The network determines who connects to what. Devices only set the initial scan priority for attachment to the network.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

The folks who use them, the glass screen protectors are all wet installs right? I just ordered the Skinomi, let's see how it plays out. I always avoided wet installs, ever since I got the Zagg for my iPhone 5 and it started peeling after 1.5 years.

My m9 came in this morning, after unlocking rooting and finally getting stuff set up (a lot easier thanks to the HTC transfer tool) I finally got to compare rf performance with my n5. The m9 holds LTE (around a -104 db strength on average for b25) in my 4th story room where my n5 would barely check for LTE then find b26 and drop it. I'm in KC so this is a matured market, when I get out to see some b41 I'll edit or update.

Edit: M9 smokes the n5 in b41, easily 8-10 db better. I was on b41 in places I was lucky to get b25.

• Like 5

The folks who use them, the glass screen protectors are all wet installs right? I just ordered the Skinomi, let's see how it plays out. I always avoided wet installs, ever since I got the Zagg for my iPhone 5 and it started peeling after 1.5 years.

Not really, the best way to do it is to shower with the bathroom door closed and after you're done apply it while you're in there. The steam gets all the particles out of the air, then you just apply it like a normal screen protector. Wipe off the screen so its clean, pick an edge and try to line it up as best as you can using whatever technique you prefer to keep it from bubbling.
  • Like 2