Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Update 8034f65c335d170f1107f4a96d70c29a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Changelog screenshot? Is that the old April update or the May update?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Changelog screenshot? Is that the old April update or the May update?

It's the May update.  I already have it installed so I can't get a changelog screenshot.  The android security patch level is May 1, 2016.

• Like 1

It's the May update. I already have it installed so I can't get a changelog screenshot. The android security patch level is May 1, 2016.

Wow, the GS6E got the update before the GS7E again.

It's the May update. I already have it installed so I can't get a changelog screenshot. The android security patch level is May 1, 2016.

Friggin Samsung and/or Sprint got rid of the option to restrict background data per app in the Data Usage setting. Such a pointless change.

Friggin Samsung and/or Sprint got rid of the option to restrict background data per app in the Data Usage setting. Such a pointless change.

I still see the Restrict Background Data option under each individual app.

I still see the Restrict Background Data option under each individual app.

What? How come mine doesn't show? You're on the latest PD3 update, right? Screenshot plz?

What? How come mine doesn't show? You're on the latest PD3 update, right? Screenshot plz?

Here is a screenshot of my Android version and a screenshot of the restrict background data option for the Flipboard app:

post-5836-0-47746800-1464098026_thumb.jpg

post-5836-0-02253800-1464098027_thumb.png

• Like 1

Here is a screenshot of my Android version and a screenshot of the restrict background data option for the Flipboard app:

Thx. I think I know why it's not even showing up on mine. It's b/c I have the phone on airplane mode or b/c I'm using it with no SIM in it.

Thx. I think I know why it's not even showing up on mine. It's b/c I have the phone on airplane mode or b/c I'm using it with no SIM in it.

Oh, well THERE'S your problem.  :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My phone is installing a new update right now.  It's not listed on the Sprint community website though.  It said something about batter usage optimization and security update.  It was only 44 MB.

My phone is installing a new update right now. It's not listed on the Sprint community website though. It said something about batter usage optimization and security update. It was only 44 MB.

Is it the Sept patch?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

How is the Galaxy S6 holding up? I'm thinking about getting one from Best Buy for my mom to replace her S4T. 64GB model for only $49.99 (two year contract upgrade).

Still good for me. Snappy and still get relatively good updates. Running Mashmallow 6.0.1

• Like 1

Still good for me. Snappy and still get relatively good updates. Running Mashmallow 6.0.1

How is the Galaxy S6 holding up?  I'm thinking about getting one from Best Buy for my mom to replace her S4T.  64GB model for only $49.99 (two year contract upgrade).

It's still working pretty well for me also.  It doesn't hold a weak signal as well as my GS5 did, but it's not horrible.  

It's still working pretty well for me also. It doesn't hold a weak signal as well as my GS5 did, but it's not horrible.

Any comparisons to the S4T?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Any comparisons to the S4T?

Around the same screen size. Just better design faster processor and 2x CA so speeds up to about 100+ mbps in certain areas

• Like 1

Around the same screen size. Just better design faster processor and 2x CA so speeds up to about 100+ mbps in certain areas

And 1440P quad hd screen vs 1080P in the S4

And 1440P quad hd screen vs 1080P in the S4

Connectivity comparison?

How is the Galaxy S6 holding up? I'm thinking about getting one from Best Buy for my mom to replace her S4T. 64GB model for only $49.99 (two year contract upgrade).

Only weak point for me was the so-so battery life. Otherwise, it's fast, light, easy to one-hand, and great.

Only weak point for me was the so-so battery life. Otherwise, it's fast, light, easy to one-hand, and great.

Does the quick charging make up for that?

How is the Galaxy S6 holding up?  I'm thinking about getting one from Best Buy for my mom to replace her S4T.  64GB model for only $49.99 (two year contract upgrade).

Why not go for the S7? Sure it's more out of pocket today, but the addition of WATERPROOFING is good for any mom. Plus latest is always the best bet especially since the S7 is 8 months old and that S6 is 1 yr 8 mos old.  Don't you love your mom???  Don't old tech her. 

But ANY phone will be better than that S4T.  Samsung never solved that memory leak issue on the S4 devices.  They should have never existed, IMO.  Worst phone they've made.  On my wife's S6, she complains about the battery life, but quick charging helps that quite a bit.  Other than that, a very solid phone still. 

Does the quick charging make up for that?

It does but it was still a hassle for me. And the battery life anxiety.

I second the call for Galaxy S7 at least. Water resistance, better camera, and microSD support is great. I sold mine not too long ago.