COZisBack

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

Eh, that post only mentioned s6 and note5. I agree that it could be other issues, but I'd like to see some proof of that, it's a Samsung app

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Cause it's my post and that's what I have.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

Eh, that post only mentioned s6 and note5. I agree that it could be other issues, but I'd like to see some proof of that, it's a Samsung app

Seems to now be a recognized issue and has been escalated. 

"Product Known Issue (PKI) #1153"

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/1014726#1014726

Voicemail battery drain seems resolved

There was an update today for the "Samsung Push Service." I wonder if that fixed it?

Sent from my Note 4

I think it was something wrong with their server from talking to sprint, as the version of the voicemail app has remained the same.

I'm still getting just awful battery life out of my s6 edge.

I purposely kept it off the charger today to see. I'm at 14 pct right now with only 1 hr 20 min of screen on time.

Anybody else seeing battery life this poor?

I'm still getting just awful battery life out of my s6 edge.

I purposely kept it off the charger today to see. I'm at 14 pct right now with only 1 hr 20 min of screen on time.

Anybody else seeing battery life this poor?

After 5.1.1 OI1, my SOT got worse. It went from about 4 & 1/2 hrs to 3 & 1/2 hrs. I'm hoping 6.0 Marshmallow will bring back the battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After 5.1.1 OI1, my SOT got worse. It went from about 4 & 1/2 hrs to 3 & 1/2 hrs. I'm hoping 6.0 Marshmallow will bring back the battery life.

Ha, I wish mine was that good. And I've shut off Google now and some other things.

If you haven't already, try a factory reset. I know it sucks to do, but my battery life has greatly improved on my Note 4 after doing so.

Sent from my Note 4

I think I did one a couple months back, cant remember when exactly.

Yeah mine is pretty awful. Bring the 6.0!

Has anyone had any luck flashing thier own PRL on the Galaxy S6?

Tried to register my Chase cards today (have four of them. Chase isn't supported. Awesome.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/10/27/samsung-pay-will-support-more-banks-and-work-with-gift-cards-in-the-united-states/

Chase cards will be supported in the coming months.

Used Samsung Pay at staples for the first time the other day. Was suprised how quick the transaction went through.

It will be much more convenient to use than the physical card as more merchants adopt the chip terminals (forgot the official name) where you insert your card. Those terminals take a long time to complete the transaction.

Any word on 6.0 for the S6/S6 edge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Any word on 6.0 for the S6/S6 edge

Won't be for months.... for carrier approval typically we are looking at at least 3 months after the international rom release and we havn't heard anything on the international ROM yet either

Won't be for months.... for carrier approval typically we are looking at at least 3 months after the international rom release and we havn't heard anything on the international ROM yet either

You'd think it would be faster this time around considering that Samsung announce it was working on the firmware back in August/july

• Like 1

New update last night OJ7 wonder what it is....says increased battery life?

I'm going to toss out one possibility for the battery life optimization in the last update. Same for the Note 4 update I just received. Website says Sprint Global Roaming and update popup mentioned battery.

When I was roaming in Europe on Global Roaming, my battery was draining like crazy. I wonder if those two enhancements go together.

Do you guys have a slight delay in hitting your home button and having your screen come on?  Or it seems to really take a lot of pressure OR that it doesn't always work?  

My wife's S6 seems as though you really have to mash the button to get the screen to light up. My Note5 is a light tap, the screen comes on, then fingerprint to unlock.  Maybe this OJ7 will improve things for her.  Seems to be only after the previous update that the home button wasn't as responsive, so I'm leaning software and not hardware related. 

Do you guys have a slight delay in hitting your home button and having your screen come on?  Or it seems to really take a lot of pressure OR that it doesn't always work?  

My wife's S6 seems as though you really have to mash the button to get the screen to light up. My Note5 is a light tap, the screen comes on, then fingerprint to unlock.  Maybe this OJ7 will improve things for her.  Seems to be only after the previous update that the home button wasn't as responsive, so I'm leaning software and not hardware related. 

Do you have S Voice enabled with the home button?  I know that can delay its response.

Do you have S Voice enabled with the home button?  I know that can delay its response.

Pretty sure I disabled S-Voice on there already.....I'll have to double check that though. 

EDIT: It was in fact, not disabled.  That's on me, thanks for that reminder though!  She's monitoring to see if that helps.  I feel like such an idiot! 

i just noticed that since the new update carrier aggregation is now disabled and no more data on and off toggle in the notification panel.

You'd think it would be faster this time around considering that Samsung announce it was working on the firmware back in August/july

Nope, its been like this for a decade ever since the first smartphones back in the Palm Treo days

i just noticed that since the new update carrier aggregation is now disabled and no more data on and off toggle in the notification panel.

That seems weird - I thought that was controlled by your data profile though. Try updating that...