Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

S6 edge

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Perfect im using the exact same phone. Let me run through this for u.

1. Go to dialer and type ##3282#

2.press edit

3.type 339628 (assuming are code is the same which it should)

4. Find lte section

5.find band 41 enabled

6.unselect 41

7.restart phone

8. Enjoy not having band 41

You might be put on band 25 because theres no way to turn that off. Also you can turn 41 on at any time by doing thise exact same steps

Apparently the codes are different. It said incorrect code.

Ok u will either have to call customer service and they will give it to u. Or if u go on sprints website and start a chat with a representative they will give it to u too. Whenever u get around to that u can just go through the exact same steps i gave u. Just use ur code not mine and it will work

It only shows during an active download session. Try starting a speedtest, then immediately switch over to the LTE engineering screen and you should see the SCC signal data.

Also try to get as close to the tower as possible for faster speed, if you are getting 40+ mbps at -101db, its possible you may get over 100mbps when your signal strength is better than -80db (ideally low -70)

Awesome, tried it will a little better signal and can confirm CA active

uploadfromtaptalk1440990870941.png

4fa4c8f0ffe3a72e338e70533efd39fa.jpg

Apparently the codes are different. It said incorrect code.

Did you receive an email when you activated the phone? It should have the msl code in there already

Random question, anyone tried to upgrade on a lease early? Any case to be made? I understand the terms say one must pay x, y and z for upgrading but didn't know if stores might "do it anyway". Looking to move my wife's S5 lease to an S6. The S5 is beyond awful now.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

I am leasing the S6 edge with loyalty credit but I still have my S5 and it's still a good phone, just lacks CA

The S5 is not a good phone. It's usable, yes, but it's driving my wife insane and in turn, me insane. I just want out of these phones asap. (I've got an upgrade due so I'm set)

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Samsung Pay is live! Added my Amex card and it was super simple.

I'm not receiving the verification code when I try to add my AMEX.... and my other cards... Chase is not yet ready for Samsung Pay yet... ARGH!

I'm not receiving the verification code when I try to add my AMEX.... and my other cards... Chase is not yet ready for Samsung Pay yet... ARGH!

Funny, my AMEX is the only one that works!  Not my Visa from my credit union or my Discover.  I've sent messages to both encouraging their participation.  It works real slick though, used it this afternoon on my Note5.  I like the ability to have it swipe up from any screen (or turn those things off) and how it plays well with Android Pay being set to default.  Well done, Samsung. 

• Like 2

Any hints or rumors about Marshmallow being on its way?

OEMs like Samsung like to wait for a more stablized version of the latest Android OS before making ROMs for it.  I don't expect to see Samsung release any Marshmallow updates until 2016.

So far, Samsung Pay has bee a lot of fun using, mostly due to the cashiers' funny and surprised reactions. I've so far used it successfully at Walmart, Target, Smart & Final, H-Mart, Costco, CVS, and Autozone. Only place it failed was TJ Maxx.

• Like 3

So far, Samsung Pay has bee a lot of fun using, mostly due to the cashiers' funny and surprised reactions. I've so far used it successfully at Walmart, Target, Smart & Final, H-Mart, Costco, CVS, and Autozone. Only place it failed was TJ Maxx.

I had to do it at CVS as a big F you for not supporting nfc. We dont need there support now. The cashier kept telling me it was not going to work and then it did. She was so confused hehehe
  • Like 1

I had to do it at CVS as a big F you for not supporting nfc. We dont need there support now. The cashier kept telling me it was not going to work and then it did. She was so confused hehehe

Interesting. CVS here has supported NFC for quite some time. I recall using Google Wallet to purchase things there not too long after the Note 3 was released. The cashiers would just stare as though it were magic. It seems that CVS (and other companies) just dumped the NFC terminals into the stores but never bothered to explain to the cashiers what they were or how they worked.

Interesting. CVS here has supported NFC for quite some time. I recall using Google Wallet to purchase things there not too long after the Note 3 was released. The cashiers would just stare as though it were magic. It seems that CVS (and other companies) just dumped the NFC terminals into the stores but never bothered to explain to the cashiers what they were or how they worked.

They disabled nfc at cvs a weeks after apple pay was introduced in favor of there own still not released qr code standard.
  • Like 3

They disabled nfc at cvs a weeks after apple pay was introduced in favor of there own still not released qr code standard.

D'oh you're right. I had forgotten all about that!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It worked for you at Costco? I tried samsung pay MST with my Amex and the swipe terminal said card read error, there was a long line behind me, so I didn't want to hold the line up and just swipe the card

It worked for you at Costco? I tried samsung pay MST with my Amex and the swipe terminal said card read error, there was a long line behind me, so I didn't want to hold the line up and just swipe the card

Yes, it worked first try.

But on some terminals, I have to do it a second or third time, although it's rare.

For those of you who have had the phone from the start, how is the battery holding up?

Still giving a full day use?

I'm day 1 preorder user and so far, I'm getting 3 & 1/2 to 4 hrs SOT, in a 16 hrs time period on 5.1.1 OI1, no root.

I used to get more when I used to be on 5.0.2 with the pingpong Root with battery-saving root apps (5 hrs SOT).