COZisBack

Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

Looks like the Spark LTE spinner has been retired. I wonder if Samsung is standardizing the UI across all of their devices.

• Like 3

Looks like the Spark LTE spinner has been retired. I wonder if Samsung is standardizing the UI across all of their devices.

My wife just got the update. I'm wondering if getting rid of the spinner was a Samsung or Sprint decision?

Sent from my Note 4.

I don't suppose they managed to fix the signal bar issue in removing the spinner?

Did the update help reception at all? I just got my wife the s6 from a original moto x and she says she can't keep calls on the line without dropping them... Thinking about returning it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Did the update help reception at all? I just got my wife the s6 from a original moto x and she says she can't keep calls on the line without dropping them... Thinking about returning it.

Make sure she's up to date on updates. The original software had tons of dropped calls. They fixed it with a software update.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 2

Looks like the Spark LTE spinner has been retired. I wonder if Samsung is standardizing the UI across all of their devices.

Thank GOD!!! I don't have my s6 anymore could you show me what the new 4g logo looks like now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph
  • Like 2

We want Spark iconless screen shots!

• Like 1

We want Spark iconless screen shots!

63efea82d4bcacc77523b923e99e5cc1.jpg

EDIT - I had a friend send me a screen shot. Just wanted to clarify for those wondering since I posted from a G4.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

Wow that's bare bones

EDIT - I had a friend send me a screen shot. Just wanted to clarify for those wondering since I posted from a G4.

Looks similar to stock Android

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

Looks similar to stock Android

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yep, I wonder if this is permanent (e.g. Samsung's doing - which I guess is most likely) or is Sprint prepping to improve Spark branding for CA devices.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, I wonder if this is permanent (e.g. Samsung's doing - which I guess is most likely) or is Sprint prepping to improve Spark branding for CA devices.

I guess we will all know once we see the status bars of the other three carriers Galaxy Note 5's.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Can anyone that's in a B41 area check to see if the spark spinner shows up when connected to B41? We don't have it here so my wife can't check that. I've always said that spinner should just show up when on B41, just curious if that's the case.

Sent from my Note 4.

Well I called Samsung about my test drive note 5 and I was told my device is on its way to be shipped. What kind of shocked me was the data plan. I don't know if it's too valid but the rep told me that it will only have 2gb of data and if a person goes over then you will be charged for any excess data used. I don't really consider it a test drive as much. I would have thought with it being done on both sprint and T-Mobile that they would have opted to the unlimited data. Oh well I guess

Can anyone that's in a B41 area check to see if the spark spinner shows up when connected to B41? We don't have it here so my wife can't check that. I've always said that spinner should just show up when on B41, just curious if that's the case.

Sent from my Note 4.

I'm in a full Spark/CA/Glorious area and no matter what band I am connected too it just shows the very simple LTE/Signal combo highlighted a few posts up.

• Like 1

I'm in a full Spark/CA/Glorious area and no matter what band I am connected too it just shows the very simple LTE/Signal combo highlighted a few posts up.

It's also possible that they (Samsung) screwed up the Spark Icon code in the update and it's defaulting back to the Android built-in icon for LTE.  I find it hard to believe that Sprint would depart from this after putting it everywhere (materials, boot animations, signage, etc.), but hey, I'd like that extra notification bar real estate back, so I hope it's changed!   

• Like 2

It disappeared on the GS6, 6 Edge, and even some of the LG devices.

It disappeared on the GS6, 6 Edge, and even some of the LG devices.

And they all look like the stock android LTE logo? I wonder if sprint can create their own logo. Either way it goes I'm glad the sinning dial is gone cause it looked very cheap.

Glad they did. Was an eye sore

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And they all look like the stock android LTE logo? I wonder if sprint can create their own logo. Either way it goes I'm glad the sinning dial is gone cause it looked very cheap.

Yep, and I think the LTE signal bar looks better.

Yep, and I think the LTE signal bar looks better.

I think anything looks better than that dial and that large LTE lettering.

I think anything looks better than that dial and that large LTE lettering.

Ya this is very true. I let my friend use my phone all the time cuz he doesn't have spotify and i do. Anyway he is always asking y there is a "stupid spinning thing" at the top of my screen. Lol

Looks like the Spark LTE spinner has been retired.

Walmart sued.

AJ

• Like 5

Walmart sued.

AJ

I assume you are being sarcastic, though I always thought they looked too similar! :)

It does seem to show more bars on weaker signals now if that makes sense

• Like 1