Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Could these issues possibly be based on specific locations? I am asking because I am hearing all these issues yet I haven't experienced any of them on my edge or my m9.

For sure NV to legacy hand offs in ALU regions.  Multiple drop calls in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.  There are still many legacy sites around these regions.  I can drive from Los Angeles to San Diego and can drop dozen of calls the entire trip.

Add me to the list seeing poor RF performance. Played with a normal S6, and particularly on B41, I'm seeing at least a 5dbm worse signal compared to my S5 and Note 4. Throughput is also reduced, with line of sight it was pulling ~40mbps where the S5 and N4 consistently managed ~65mbps. Although this is the snappiest phone I have used from Samsung, the weaker radio is a deal breaker. The S5 and N4 have no problems handing off between B41 sites here, but the weaker radio in the S6 causes it to drop to B25/B26 when moving between sites.

Is anybody on the Best Buy One Plan with the GS6?  If so, could you tell me your experience?  Is it easy to get setup?  What plan were you on before?  Is it really just $75 a month?

Welp, I had a conversation with someone high ranking in Sprint's customer service today.

They are anticipating an update next week that will address the dropped calls issues. She said their research and product development teams have been working and testing over the couple weeks and they believe the issues are in the ALU markets and it's a software problem.

She took my information and is placing my 2 lines into a pool of testers and will follow up with me next week to ask how things are after the update.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Update should be available for the s6/s6 edge.  Hopefully it takes care of the aggressive memory management and maybe improves battery life as well.

Update should be available for the s6/s6 edge.  Hopefully it takes care of the aggressive memory management and maybe improves battery life as well.

Yep, mine just downloaded the 130mb update this morning.

Per my conversation with a VP in Customer Service last week, this should also address a software issue causing dropped calls due to poor tower hand off in ALU markets.

• Like 1

I forgot to screenshot the update page before install, meant to do it.

Nothing really specific, just a general description:

2015-05-11 14.18.35.png

• Like 2

My wife just installed it, but won't get to test the dropped call issue until later this evening. She was experiencing dropped calls quite often on tower handoff.

Sent from my Note 4.

I like how evey sprint salesperson always talks about how the new tri band phones get better reception than the older single band devices like my note 2. Thats all i have heard sense they started coming out. My wife's g2 get worse signal than my note 2 did and now the brand new s6. Even sprint themselves were talking up the 800mhz and how it was going to fill in all the dead spots and increase coverage, but you sit my old note next to my wife's g2 and her 800mhz gets less strength than my note 2's 1900mhz. Ive heard all the excuses the 800 might not be optimized yet but it doesnt matter where we are at it's the same story. Ok I'm done ranting now. Any commments good or bad?

I like how evey sprint salesperson always talks about how the new tri band phones get better reception than the older single band devices like my note 2. Thats all i have heard sense they started coming out. My wife's g2 get worse signal than my note 2 did and now the brand new s6. Even sprint themselves were talking up the 800mhz and how it was going to fill in all the dead spots and increase coverage, but you sit my old note next to my wife's g2 and her 800mhz gets less strength than my note 2's 1900mhz. Ive heard all the excuses the 800 might not be optimized yet but it doesnt matter where we are at it's the same story. Ok I'm done ranting now. Any commments good or bad?

What is the difference in signal strength that you're seeing on the g2 and note 2?

Maybe 3 or 4 decibels but according to signal check app she is on 800mhz lte and i of course was on 1900mhz. Pretty much how it was no matter our location.we live in central nc 45 minutes north of charlotte

My wife just installed it, but won't get to test the dropped call issue until later this evening. She was experiencing dropped calls quite often on tower handoff.

Sent from my Note 4.

In for the update. My mother gave me a call and said she got the update this am as well. Talked her through changing the network mode to test on the way home. [emoji111]

Seems like the issue is still there according to the latest posts

So far so good for me. Drove a route today and purposely stayed on a call where I previously had dropped calls every time with my s6. I didn't have any breaking up or dropped calls like before.

I'm pleased for now. I've also been in direct contact with a VP of Customer Service and a Product Manager at Sprint about the updates and will continue to over the next week to give them feedback.

• Like 2

So far so good for me. Drove a route today and purposely stayed on a call where I previously had dropped calls every time with my s6. I didn't have any breaking up or dropped calls like before.

I'm pleased for now. I've also been in direct contact with a VP of Customer Service and a Product Manager at Sprint about the updates and will continue to over the next week to give them feedback.

Great news. Now see if they can get samsung to fix the lte signal strength bars on their devices. Lol

Wishful thinking

Great news. Now see if they can get samsung to fix the lte signal strength bars on their devices. Lol

Wishful thinking

Once I get through the next couple weeks with feedback, I plan to bring the issue up with them and see what she thinks.