Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

I had upgraded my mothers line to this since her s3 had fried last week. She cannot take it with the dropped calls.

Also its the non edge version

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F204172

EDIT: just found this link.

http://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-camera-problems

Keep a close eye on when her return date is up...  14 days only!

Keep a close eye on when her return date is up... 14 days only!

Yes, well aware. I know another person mentioned having the same issue. But is there anyone that can say they are not getting dropped calls?

Yes, well aware. I know another person mentioned having the same issue. But is there anyone that can say they are not getting dropped calls?

My wife has not had any dropped calls yet, although she's only had the phone 2 days now. She also works very close to our house though and is almost always on the same tower both at work and at home. It seems like I saw in the Sprint forums that most people are complaining about dropped calls while they're driving, not necessarily while they're connected to one tower.

As a side note, I thought it was funny that sprint care is telling people to put the phone into CDMA only mode. That seems to me that it would do nothing while on a call since it's connected to CDMA at that point.

Sent from my Note 4.

Sounds like WiFi calling and passing to a new access point, does not hand off. This is a pretty terrible bug if it's failing tower hand offs on Network.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

I had upgraded my mothers line to this since her s3 had fried last week. She cannot take it with the dropped calls.

Also its the non edge version

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F204172

EDIT: just found this link.

http://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-camera-problems

Your not the only one having drop calls.  I have ticket opened with the exec team.  PM me your numbers so we can get Sprint to get a fix to it.

• Like 1

Got my 64GB Gold Edge today & I'm super happy with it. No scratches, no cell service or auto-rotation issues, and no abnormal battery issues.

Really missing Root right though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No dropped calls here. However, I did initially have an issue where people were calling me & my phone didn't ring & no missed calls showed up.

A quick call to Sprint & after a "voice refresh push" followed by a reboot, the problem was solved & I haven't experienced it again. The tech said what I experienced was normal for when lots of people activate their new phones at similar times after a new launch of a flagship.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They need to retune when B41 drops off.  It hangs on too long.  At -120dBm on this phone, it should really be falling down to B25 or B26.  Data essentially times out and packetloss goes through the roof.

We've been having issues with missed calls because of the phone sitting on B41 with such weak signal and too much packet loss.  Calls don't ring the phone unless you disable B41 in ##DATA#.

I get that Sprint is trying to offload capacity to B41 but with the equipment around here, it's just too much.

They need to retune when B41 drops off.  It hangs on too long.  At -120dBm on this phone, it should really be falling down to B25 or B26.  Data essentially times out and packetloss goes through the roof.

We've been having issues with missed calls because of the phone sitting on B41 with such weak signal and too much packet loss.  Calls don't ring the phone unless you disable B41 in ##DATA#.

I get that Sprint is trying to offload capacity to B41 but with the equipment around here, it's just too much.

Sprint cannot retune band 41 parameters for one device.  As S4GRU published six weeks ago, the Galaxy S6 in the testing lab was a poor performer on the band 41 uplink.  You cannot say that you were not forewarned.  And the real world issue sounds like it is not with reception.  Likely, that is why the handset is hanging on to a -120 dBm RSRP band 41 signal.  But the issue is with transmission.  The Galaxy S6 struggles to muster enough power to respond consistently on the uplink.

I would be curious to have you try a better performing device on band 41 in the same location(s).

AJ

Sprint cannot retune band 41 parameters for one device.  As S4GRU published six weeks ago, the Galaxy S6 in the testing lab was a poor performer on the band 41 uplink.  You cannot say that you were not forewarned.  And the real world issue sounds like it is not with reception.  Likely, that is why the handset is hanging on to a -120 dBm RSRP band 41 signal.  But the issue is with transmission.  The Galaxy S6 struggles to muster enough power to respond consistently on the uplink.

I would be curious to have you try a better performing device on band 41 in the same location(s).

AJ

Fair enough.  I always assumed that thresholds could be programmed into the device.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Just comparing N5/N6, B41 would fall off and B25/B26 would take over with much more frequency.  It wasn't holding on to signal at -120dBm like the S6.  I just assumed that was device specific.

Fair enough.  I always assumed that thresholds could be programmed into the device.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Just comparing N5/N6, B41 would fall off and B25/B26 would take over with much more frequency.  It wasn't holding on to signal at -120dBm like the S6.  I just assumed that was device specific.

Im sure a few radio firmware updates will fix this issue after enough users bitch about fringe signal. It almost always takes the manufacturer a few updates on the radio side to strike the right balance between bands. 

Motorola has done a very good job with the N6 on the radio performance and so has LG. 

Sammy might have a slight learning curve with the new materials used on the GS6 models.

• Like 2

You sounded as if you were referring to network tuning.  Are you referring to device tuning?  If so, nexgencpu is right.  Subsequent baseband firmware updates may strike a better balance among reselection thresholds.  But, barring an unexpected Class II Permissive Change filing, no update will make the Galaxy S6 a strong band 41 performer.

AJ

• Like 2

You sounded as if you were referring to network tuning.  Are you referring to device tuning?  If so, nexgencpu is right.  Subsequent baseband firmware updates may strike a better balance among reselection thresholds.  But, barring an unexpected Class II Permissive Change filing, no update will make the Galaxy S6 a strong band 41 performer.

AJ

Sorry, I meant they as Samsung.

I am just hoping for a software update (similar to what we saw on the Nexus 5 or HTC One M8 for example) that adjusted the thresholds of where a phone would hang onto a band - not prioritize which band would be used.

I don't have any issues with the B41 performance other than it hangs onto B41 when B41 signal is too weak to work reliability.

I probably could have worded my original posting better, sorry for the confusion.

Im sure a few radio firmware updates will fix this issue after enough users bitch about fringe signal. It almost always takes the manufacturer a few updates on the radio side to strike the right balance between bands. 

Motorola has done a very good job with the N6 on the radio performance and so has LG. 

Sammy might have a slight learning curve with the new materials used on the GS6 models.

Yeah, the N5/N6 balance between bands seems to work very well. 

Anyone experiencing drops calls in ALU market with the S6?  Took it on a test drive, drove around connected to HD voice and drops several calls.  I think it has something to do with the HD voice.  I couldn't drop any calls calling somewhere else.  It had to be Sprint to Sprint HD voice connections.

Sprint simply told us to disable connections optimizer and switch network mode to lte/cdma which didn't help.

Almost every call I made yesterday in the OC area dropped. I did not notice the HD symbol on my screen.

I am working with escalations group.  Hopefully we can provide enough information to pinpoint the drop calls.  Feel free to pm me your number, I can forward your number to have that group contact you.  They will need to know where you were at each time you drop a call.

• Like 1