Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Why not go for the S7? Sure it's more out of pocket today, but the addition of WATERPROOFING is good for any mom. Plus latest is always the best bet especially since the S7 is 8 months old and that S6 is 1 yr 8 mos old.  Don't you love your mom???  Don't old tech her. 

But ANY phone will be better than that S4T.  Samsung never solved that memory leak issue on the S4 devices.  They should have never existed, IMO.  Worst phone they've made.  On my wife's S6, she complains about the battery life, but quick charging helps that quite a bit.  Other than that, a very solid phone still. 

It does but it was still a hassle for me. And the battery life anxiety.

I second the call for Galaxy S7 at least. Water resistance, better camera, and microSD support is great. I sold mine not too long ago.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

We are looking at a two year subsidy upgrade for both her and my Dad.  They won't let me buy them phones and they don't have $400 to shell out for phones.  Neither are power users, just Facebook, pictures, games, etc.  I know the S6 is a generation old, but at $49.99 for a 64gb phone, it will be more than enough space for their use.  I'd be shocked if it didn't get a 7.0 or 7.1 upgrade.

We are looking at a two year subsidy upgrade for both her and my Dad.  They won't let me buy them phones and they don't have $400 to shell out for phones.  Neither are power users, just Facebook, pictures, games, etc.  I know the S6 is a generation old, but at $49.99 for a 64gb phone, it will be more than enough space for their use.  I'd be shocked if it didn't get a 7.0 or 7.1 upgrade.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they DIDN'T get 7.0 or 7.1.  I'm not expecting it.  But I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they DIDN'T get 7.0 or 7.1. I'm not expecting it. But I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

T-Mobile lists the S6 as manufacturer development for Nougat on the S6

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates#tmoSUPDocTitle

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well crap, tried to place an order and it is sold out....

Well, the plot has thickened...

Talked with chat and other methods trying to get the S6 at the 49.99 price point last week to no avail.  Checked again this morning and its still on the website, but for $1.00 now?!?!  Tried to order again and it still wouldn't let me.

Was scrolling through the other Android devices and saw the LG G5 was down to $1 with a contract upgrade.  Kept scrolling and noticed a 128GB S6 that was $1 on contract upgrade.  Low and behold, that thing was available and got an order placed!

Woot!

Edit in: drat, tried to go back yesterday afternoon and get one for my Dad (didn't order in the AM as he has talked about switching providers, wanted to make sure he was good with a 2yr agreement) and both black and white are out of stock.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It started rolling out for a few already.

Nougat update is finally rolling out to the Galaxy S6, S6 edge https://www.androidcentral.com/nougat-update-finally-rolling-out-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ah, ok.  The article I posted must have been a late article talking about the delay from Feb.

Ah, ok. The article I posted must have been a late article talking about the delay from Feb.

It will still probably be a little while until Sprint releases it, but hopefully by the end of the month. My wife has a GS6.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After installing the Nougat update, is anybody having the issue of the phone not staying on wifi while the screen is off?  I have already checked the setting where for staying on wifi while sleep, but that setting is set to have it stay on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After installing the Nougat update, is anybody having the issue of the phone not staying on wifi while the screen is off?  I have already checked the setting where for staying on wifi while sleep, but that setting is set to have it stay on.

Did this problem ever get resolved?