Alcatel ONETOUCH Retro

burnout8488

device_145x250_c.gif

Sprint's got a new flip phone for postpaid customers now. I don't know of any reason to get this over the Kyocera Kona (or vice versa). It doesn't appear to support HD voice, and may or may not have BC10 (1x800) enabled. 

With the $96 price point, I surmise it only exists to have a flat $4/mo Easy Pay offering. 

Sprint: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?deviceSKUId=89000746

PhoneScoop: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4622

I would suspect BC10 would be enabled, but then again who knows (wasn't that an issue with the Kona)... At least they have it on the postpaid side now. I saw it last week only as prepaid.

Maybe I should go back to a simpler time and give up the smart phone....

I would suspect BC10 would be enabled, but then again who knows (wasn't that an issue with the Kona)... At least they have it on the postpaid side now. I saw it last week only as prepaid.

Maybe I should go back to a simpler time and give up the smart phone....

Yup, the Kona in my Framily won't grab BC10, ever. We aren't in an optimized environment though so time will tell if it will get a stronger signal when it is cranked up.

I think it would be cool to not have a smartphone sometimes too. If Sprint offered a flip phone with great 1x800 and 1xRTT, with HD Voice, it would be a no brainer for a lot of people looking for a simple device. I hope HD Voice makes its way into every device within a year or so... it's too good not to have.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, the Kona in my Framily won't grab BC10, ever. We aren't in an optimized environment though so time will tell if it will get a stronger signal when it is cranked up.

I think it would be cool to not have a smartphone sometimes too. If Sprint offered a flip phone with great 1x800 and 1xRTT, with HD Voice, it would be a no brainer for a lot of people looking for a simple device. I hope HD Voice makes its way into every device within a year or so... it's too good not to have.

I just got the Konka for my dad. His old Sanyo flip phone was dying, and he absolutely refuses to get a smart phone.

So far, he seems to be happy with his new phone.

• 5 weeks later...