10MHz by 10MHz LTE 1900 band

They already have a fixed video service.

Yes they want fixed broadband and like any business, they'll do it the cheapest way possible: lease 40mhz sdl to TMO in the cities in exchange for TMO creating a rural fixed wireless.

None if that requires buying TMO network by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if T-Mobile would be the perfect partner. Remember Sprint has build it's network with the option to host other companies on their backbone and it could be more difficult for T-mobile to do the same at this point in time

I'm not sure if T-Mobile would be the perfect partner. Remember Sprint has build it's network with the option to host other companies on their backbone and it could be more difficult for T-mobile to do the same at this point in time

What about TMO's network makes it incapable of doing the same?

All we know is sprint can.

Doesn't mean TMO can't.

And dish has leverage over TMO that it doesn't have over sprint.

Business reasons always trumps technical.

What about TMO's network makes it incapable of doing the same?

All we know is sprint can.

Doesn't mean TMO can't.

And dish has leverage over TMO that it doesn't have over sprint.

Business reasons always trumps technical.

Time will tell

There's nothing in T-Mobile's network that would make it anymore difficult than it would be for Sprint. Nokia and Ericsson gear are designed for network sharing and hosting models, since they are common in Europe. All that is required is support for the frequencies in the RRH, which merely requires swapping out the RRHs for wider band ones that cover T-Mobile+DISH rather than just T-Mobile alone. MOCN also enables a multi-core network architecture to connect two independent core networks to a single radio network and use it as if it's two networks.

Sprint's network supports these techniques on the LTE side, of course. But T-Mobile's network is capable of it throughout all radio access interfaces, which would grant Dish support for existing and older handsets, as well.

There's nothing in T-Mobile's network that would make it anymore difficult than it would be for Sprint. Nokia and Ericsson gear are designed for network sharing and hosting models, since they are common in Europe. All that is required is support for the frequencies in the RRH, which merely requires swapping out the RRHs for wider band ones that cover T-Mobile+DISH rather than just T-Mobile alone. MOCN also enables a multi-core network architecture to connect two independent core networks to a single radio network and use it as if it's two networks.

Sprint's network supports these techniques on the LTE side, of course. But T-Mobile's network is capable of it throughout all radio access interfaces, which would grant Dish support for existing and older handsets, as well.

Nothing?  Ah, but in terms of rack space, Sprint has more available real estate than does T-Mobile.

Most Sprint sites are sporting now just one or two antenna panels per sector -- leaving ample space and weight/wind loading capacity for one or two additional antenna panels.  Conversely, T-Mobile in my NSN area is already running three antenna panels per sector -- two "modernized," one legacy.  Those racks are basically full, even prior to any Lower 700 MHz deployment.

Sure, antenna panels can be replaced with new, consolidated versions.  Or additional racks can be added to some sites.  But all of that costs money.  So, let us be honest about this.  T-Mobile is not in the best position to host Dish -- unless money does not matter.

Look, I do not want Sprint to host any spectrum for or sell/trade any spectrum to Dish.  Charlie can suck it.  I also hope that the 600 MHz incentive auction keeps getting pushed off into the distant future.  Tough beans for low band challenged T-Mobile.  Sprint truly needs neither Dish nor 600 MHz.  Spectrum wise, Sprint is pretty much set for the time being.

AJ

• Like 5

Look, I do not want Sprint to host any spectrum for or sell/trade any spectrum to Dish. Charlie can suck it. I also hope that the 600 MHz incentive auction keeps getting pushed off into the distant future. Tough beans for low band challenged T-Mobile. Sprint truly needs neither Dish nor 600 MHz. Spectrum wise, Sprint is pretty much set for the time being.

AJ

AJ, I'm curious on why you think Sprint doesn't need any additional low band spectrum.

Nothing?  Ah, but in terms of rack space, Sprint has more available real estate than does T-Mobile.

Most Sprint sites are sporting now just one or two antenna panels per sector -- leaving ample space and weight/wind loading capacity for one or two additional antenna panels.  Conversely, T-Mobile in my NSN area is already running three antenna panels per sector -- two "modernized," one legacy.  Those racks are basically full, even prior to any Lower 700 MHz deployment.

Sure, antenna panels can be replaced with new, consolidated versions.  Or additional racks can be added to some sites.  But all of that costs money.  So, let us be honest about this.  T-Mobile is not in the best position to host Dish -- unless money does not matter.

Look, I do not want Sprint to host any spectrum for or sell/trade any spectrum to Dish.  Charlie can suck it.  I also hope that the 600 MHz incentive auction keeps getting pushed off into the distant future.  Tough beans for low band challenged T-Mobile.  Sprint truly needs neither Dish nor 600 MHz.  Spectrum wise, Sprint is pretty much set for the time being.

AJ

The only spectrum that Dish has that may be of interest is their share in the 1900 Mhz band. The rest is not supported much with exception to AWS-3

Nothing? Ah, but in terms of rack space, Sprint has more available real estate than does T-Mobile.

Most Sprint sites are sporting now just one or two antenna panels per sector -- leaving ample space and weight/wind loading capacity for one or two additional antenna panels. Conversely, T-Mobile in my NSN area is already running three antenna panels per sector -- two "modernized," one legacy. Those racks are basically full, even prior to any Lower 700 MHz deployment.

Sure, antenna panels can be replaced with new, consolidated versions. Or additional racks can be added to some sites. But all of that costs money. So, let us be honest about this. T-Mobile is not in the best position to host Dish -- unless money does not matter.

Look, I do not want Sprint to host any spectrum for or sell/trade any spectrum to Dish. Charlie can suck it. I also hope that the 600 MHz incentive auction keeps getting pushed off into the distant future. Tough beans for low band challenged T-Mobile. Sprint truly needs neither Dish nor 600 MHz. Spectrum wise, Sprint is pretty much set for the time being.

AJ

Wouldn't 600 mhz be a significant improvement for sprint's network?

Wouldn't 600 mhz be a significant improvement for sprint's network?

In terms of data, 600MHz will be a good move for Sprint if they can get 10x10 in key markets, or even nationwide.  They already have nationwide 5MHz of low frequency spectrum.  If they are only able to get 5x5 in 600MHz, it would only be helpful in some markets where they need the additional capacity.

But really, 600MHz is more about VoLTE for Sprint.  It would allow them to deploy voice over LTE in 600MHz, which would get pretty close to equaling CDMA 800 voice coverage.  So if Sprint deployed 600MHz VoLTE on every site nationwide, they could easily start refarming PCS for more LTE all across the country.

• Like 5

Nothing? Ah, but in terms of rack space, Sprint has more available real estate than does T-Mobile.

Most Sprint sites are sporting now just one or two antenna panels per sector -- leaving ample space and weight/wind loading capacity for one or two additional antenna panels. Conversely, T-Mobile in my NSN area is already running three antenna panels per sector -- two "modernized," one legacy. Those racks are basically full, even prior to any Lower 700 MHz deployment.

Sure, antenna panels can be replaced with new, consolidated versions. Or additional racks can be added to some sites. But all of that costs money. So, let us be honest about this. T-Mobile is not in the best position to host Dish -- unless money does not matter.

AJ

TMO needs more mid/high band so the cost to it is irrelevant.

Its need is dish's leverage.