LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

I have had my G4 for 12 days now and i really love it.  My battery averages 1 day 12 hours according to gsam. 

I have to say i really love that wifi calling is on this phone and all you have to do is turn it on at the device and it does whats needed at your account.

I have been taking all my work conference calls using the wifi calling and it is working flawlessly so far.  Which is really nice since i am at a fringe area between a couple towers and my signal bounces around a lot and on occasions i get dropped calls.

• Like 5

Well I'm not seeing any benefit with greenify so far.

I also received my free battery, sdcard, and battery charger from lg. Took about ten day's from the day i sent in the proof of purchase. Really fast considering they said it could take up too you sex weeks.

Battery it's still ok. The screen is the number battery killer. I have the brightness at zero. But i can about seventeen hours. Not the greatest but i can live with it more now since i have a back up battery.

• Like 1

I'm eyeballing the G4.  Really considering getting on even if it upsets the significant other. (I go through a lot of phones).  

I used to have the G2, moved to the N5 and really want to go back to LG.  I only wonder about RF performance.  How are all three band performance on it? Everything looks good on it, but nobody for some reason benchmarks or gives any input on RF performance. 

I have a N5 and find the performance to be very meh.  Especially on B41.  

I'm eyeballing the G4.  Really considering getting on even if it upsets the significant other. (I go through a lot of phones).  

I used to have the G2, moved to the N5 and really want to go back to LG.  I only wonder about RF performance.  How are all three band performance on it? Everything looks good on it, but nobody for some reason benchmarks or gives any input on RF performance. 

I have a N5 and find the performance to be very meh.  Especially on B41.  

I find RF performance to be not much different than the Nexus 5, but I enjoyed the Nexus 5's performance. I don't know about your market, but my market has plenty of B41 now and performance is awesome on both my Nexus 5 and G4. I would say keep the Nexus 5 if all you care about is RF performance, but looking into the future, the G4 has the advantage of being compatible with the CCA/RRPP LTE bands as well has having support for CA. It also has support for WiFi calling, though I haven't used it myself.

I finally received my free SD Card and extra battery after two weeks. I honestly don't know when I'll need the extra battery as I'm one of the customers happy with the current battery life, but it's definitely nice to know I have a spare. Definitely sign up for the promo if you haven't already.

I finally received my free SD Card and extra battery after two weeks. I honestly don't know when I'll need the extra battery as I'm one of the customers happy with the current battery life, but it's definitely nice to know I have a spare. Definitely sign up for the promo if you haven't already.

I got my battery and card yesterday. Makes me even more pleased with my decision to pass on the S6.

And as for RF performance, it seems I am connected to band 41 a lot more than I was with my G2.

Another great thing about this phone is the performance of the GPS radio. I use my smartphones as GPS units to navigate through the Oregon back country on my dual sport motorcycle. On my previous phones, S3 and G2, I would occasionally lose GPS signal. This last weekend I went on a 3 day ride and not once did the G4 lose GPS signal.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My rf is ok. I did finally get my msl code. So i enabled ca and changed band41to number one. This fine likes to be on 25 allot

Really? I'm having the opposite experience. At home, I'm on band 41 all the time, and around work, it seems to hook onto a weak Clearwire signal as soon as I'm in range of it. I rarely see band 25 unless it's the only LTE band available. Even when I visited Boston this past weekend, I saw more b41 and b26 than b25.

Really? I'm having the opposite experience. At home, I'm on band 41 all the time, and around work, it seems to hook onto a weak Clearwire signal as soon as I'm in range of it. I rarely see band 25 unless it's the only LTE band available. Even when I visited Boston this past weekend, I saw more b41 and b26 than b25.

my g3 loved band 41. This one not so much. But i did just change band priority so we will see.

My new apartment in broomfield co has horrible service. One site that i connect too the most has no backhaul yet so only 3g. I made band 41 number one but then changed band 26 number one an so far no luck.

I have wifi starting on Friday.

it's to charge the battery wireless. I just got informed.

Not any standard back they are selling with phones now.  The Qi enabled back plate is not yet available as far as I can tell.  Show a picture to what you are referring. 

While I loved my G2, the defective screen that was prone to develop an unresponsive band would not be covered under warranty because I had a hairline crack in the phone for >9 months prior to the issue arising (again). I did however contact sprint customer care and they processed an early upgrade. 

Not going to lie, I was so happy when a deal popped for 1 cent after a 2-year contract upgrade. I'm now less annoyed about the G2 warranty issue. This phone is a substantial upgrade to the G2 in everything thus far other than battery life. Even then, the battery life is pretty close, and for a penny I'm happy!

Question...... Does the "one click root" pc program really works and does it works with the battery life?

As far as I know, there is no root method that works on the g4.

So far, only the international EU version of the LG G4 (model H815) even has the ability to unlock the bootloader, which is the first step to gaining root. They also have TWRP support for their version of the phone as well, so they can just flash supersu and they have root already. Nobody else is close, as LG only officially released the method to unlock the bootloader for the EU international version.

Read here:

http://www.xda-developers.com/no-root-is-not-coming-to-the-lg-g4-just-yet/

There is a bounty thread on XDA for finding a safe method for unlocking and rooting the Verizon/AT&T variants since those are usually the two hardest versions to achieve full bootloader unlock and root. Them (AT&T/Verizon) getting it may also mean us (Sprint) getting it since they should be similar, if not easier on Sprint's side. If you want to donate money or help out yourself, or even if you just want to track the status of it, the XDA thread is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/bounty-root-method-exploit-bootloader-t3130989