LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

Anyone think they will actually change to plastic instead of the metal found on the G3?

http://www.androidauthority.com/report-lg-g4-forgo-metal-favor-plastic-596211/

While going from the LG G2 to HTC One M8, I've grown very fond of metal construct.  However, I feel like the device is much, much more fragile since when metal is dropped, it's dented.  So a case covers my HTC One M8 and covers the metal beauty.  If plastic is better on RF and durability, I'm all for it.  Although I think devices that have a hint of metal with plastic are perfect.  (See Note 4)

• Like 1

the funny thing about how they build these...any phone really

How many get covered with a case anyway :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yup and for me as a case user, I the outside material doesn't matter as much as the internals do.  A perfect example is the GS6...they made it a nice unibody design which is good to hold since its the first time they get away from all that plastic stuff but they did do some compromises with the lack of removable battery, smaller battery and lack of SD card slot.  You would have to think that if they were are going to put an unremovable battery that it should be at least the same capacity as the previous generation if not higher.

LG sent out an invite for April 28th and people are expecting this event to be where they will announce the G4.  :popcorn:

Also, it looks like LG stated the screen will be 5.5 QHD LCD with a resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 and 538 ppi. Interesting they are giving screen specs but that's all right now.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/03/lg-g4-screen-tech/

• Like 3

LG sent out an invite for April 28th and people are expecting this event to be where they will announce the G4. :popcorn:

Also, it looks like LG stated the screen will be 5.5 QHD LCD with a resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 and 538 ppi. Interesting they are giving screen specs but that's all right now.

Other rumors say the G4 will have a Snapdragon 808 chip set. I wonder how that does against the Exynos the S6 packs.

Sent from my M8

LG sent out an invite for April 28th and people are expecting this event to be where they will announce the G4.  :popcorn:

I just hope they figured out  how to not kill the batt.....My G3 eats Battery if i have very much screen time....and I have tweaked setting for it.....but still no go

• Like 1

Other rumors say the G4 will have a Snapdragon 808 chip set. I wonder how that does against the Exynos the S6 packs.

Not well.  It does not hold up against the Snapdragon 810 either.

In the flagship specs fight, LG is going to take it on the chin with this one.  LG is already an afterthought compared to Samsung and HTC.  Using the hexa core Snapdragon 808 in what is now an octo core world just puts LG even further out in left field.  The G4 will have to be sold at a tremendous discount straight out of the gate in order to compete with the other flagships.

AJ

What if LG went with one of their own chipsets? I thought they have been working on their own since last year, would be cool to see.

Qualcomm only mentioned one of their major customers opted out this year. My guess is the G4 packs either the 810 or 815.

Sent from my M8

I really hope the screen is flat. I recently put a glass screen protector on my S5 and am kicking myself for not using one much sooner, it is freaking fantastic. Since Samsung has betrayed me with their iPhone clone S6 I will be looking at other options for my next upgrade.

Oh baby, these cameras are sounding better and better! 

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/08/lg-g4-will-feature-a-16mp-f1-8-camera-module-8mp-front-facing-shooter/

I really think that the biggest use I have for a cell phone is the camera.  I might be a Samsung defector if they keep the removable battery, make great use of these cameras, and include Qi. 

• Like 2

I'd really like to move up from the G3 to the G4, I "think"....but, I'm not convinced that it's going to be the massive updated phone that will be overwhelmingly better than the G3 already is....

I still have my G3 in excellent shape without even a sign of wear...and working fine...

And my next phone I would like to have the CCA LTE "roaming" or whatever it will be termed so I can take advantage of the LTE on CCA partners...

I don't want to get a new phone now, then in 6-8 months they start putting new radio bands in phones that take advantage of the CCA partners networks and I'll be stuck until another upgrade is eligible waiting to take advantage of it...

I'm thinking the unannounced LG flagship that's coming later this year might be what I get, but I could just decide to get the G4 spur of the moment too depending on what it does....how well it performs.

I really wanted some more real estate on the front if I went to another phone...

Since LG decided to keep the same size, if I decide the G4 isn't enough for me to move into, the new Nexus sure looks appealing with that 5.9" screen...I believe that's the size spec I saw.

I been supporting LG for quite a while, since the LG Optimus S...

I just aint 100% sure the G4 will be the "update" that it should be...esp in terms of frequencies included.

• Like 2

I don't want to get a new phone now, then in 6-8 months they start putting new radio bands in phones that take advantage of the CCA partners networks and I'll be stuck until another upgrade is eligible waiting to take advantage of it...

The phones are always changing, always adding new features, better radios, you can never keep up. But I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm still on a Galaxy S3 dual-band and I can get an upgrade whenever, looking at the LG G4 but then I think like you, If I just wait another X amount of months, I could get a phone with new radios that can support CCA partners and 3X Carrier aggregation instead of 2.

From the specs though, it sounds like it will be a great phone

• Like 3

Are you saying that the G4 will not have band 12 LTE?

Its too early to tell.  Untli we have the FCC documents, we can't confirm at the moment whether it will contain the CCA bands.  Given how the Sprint versions of the HTC One M9 and Galaxy S6 contain the CCA LTE bands, I don't see why the LG G4 would suddenly not have the CCA LTE bands in it.  It would be real strange if they did that.

• Like 1

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/lg-let-4000-customers-test-drive-its-forthcoming-g4-smartphone-ahead-its-de/2015-04-10

That is cool. Letting some people test drive the phone before it is officially launched. I wonder if someone on here will get it :fingers:

I think there was one or two people that got the G2 from the LG G2 tour app before the G2 was released.

Its too early to tell. Untli we have the FCC documents, we can't confirm at the moment whether it will contain the CCA bands. Given how the Sprint versions of the HTC One M9 and Galaxy S6 contain the CCA LTE bands, I don't see why the LG G4 would suddenly not have the CCA LTE bands in it. It would be real strange if they did that.

I'm so tempted by the S6 but I've told myself I'm going to wait until the G4 is at least announced before I jump on anything. I'm looking for a phone with good battery life/RF performance more than anything and those seem to be the only two things that are somewhat lacking (or should say average) on the S6 so far.

EDIT: Although I would like a bump in performance, if it's at least as fast as my Snapdragon 800 SoC, then I'm content with its performance. I don't do benchmarks.

The latest rumor is that it will be called the LG G4 4G GL, and it will have screens both front and back so that you can use either side.

AJ

• Like 3

The latest rumor is that it will be called the LG G4 4G GL, and it will have screens both front and back so that you can use either side.

AJ

Now that's funny.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Also, the codename for the LG G4 4G GL has been revealed as "racecar."

AJ

• Like 3