Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Black 32GB standard and white 32gb standard (can't check wife's white 32gb because I don't have her account #)

Oh ok, thanks.

Has anyone that ordered the S6 Black 64Gb received tracking via Sprint or reference number?

My 32Gb order placed several days before my 64Gb has shipped but not the 64Gb.

Got my tracking # - label was created last night so I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow.

For anyone who wants to get their tracking number and hasn't received a sprint email, you can do the old "UPS reference number" which is your sprint account number to pull up the tracking info.

Just as another note, UPS tracking says 2nd day air but it's really overnight.

Do you have the link to the ups page where I van input my Sprint account number?

Sent from my SPH-L720

Neither does mine. But then it's Edge Gold. ????

Sent from my SPH-L720

Mine is back 32gb. But after being in on several other preorders, I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up at my door tonight or tomorrow and then I get the shipping email later.

Ugh so jealous right now...I should have ordered online instead of in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine today! So quick of a phone.   Initial turn on to auto-programming screen was sub 10 seconds.  Haven't been able to test RF, but speed tests running on all cylinders was 20 Mb+ down!  Now all told with updating apps, firmware update, transferring data from Note 3 to S6, initial setup was about an hour.  But there was alot of data that transferred through Samsung Smart Switch.

• Like 1

I received mine today! So quick of a phone.   Initial turn on to auto-programming screen was sub 10 seconds.  Haven't been able to test RF, but speed tests running on all cylinders was 20 Mb+ down!  Now all told with updating apps, firmware update, transferring data from Note 3 to S6, initial setup was about an hour.  But there was alot of data that transferred through Samsung Smart Switch.

Side to side with the S5 please. Want to order but holding out because the RF might under perform.

• Like 1

Side to side with the S5 please. Want to order but holding out because the RF might under perform.

I'm getting mine setup and i'll have to see with some more time but initial impressions are that the signal strength is pretty similar to the S5 but with a significant amount less fluctuation than I had on the S5. When first activated it latched onto B25 at about the same signal as my S5. It then moved over to band 41 which I get a weak signal from in my living room and it seems like it might be slightly weaker on B41 but only slightly, my S5 would sit in the -108 to -112 range and if i held it would usually drop B41 and this S6 has varied from about -110 to -115 but the S6 has been relentless for a good solid 30 mins on B41 even holding it where the S5 would bounce off it constantly. Haven't had it jump to B26 yet to get a feel for that at all, and time will tell but I'm happy with the first impression.

The performance also appears to be night and day, the S6 was supposed to be much better about lag but I never thought it could be as good as it is appearing to be so far. I'll have to see on the battery life but it would have to be terrible for me to not really like this thing as it is now. Once I get it setup it does have an update I need to install that I hope just makes it better.

Still getting mine set up after going to church.

Took a big android update once connected to Wifi. Other than that, I've only deleted and disabled a bunch of apps. Yet to really test performance and such.

Apparently having an issue getting data at the moment. Updated prl and profile, but still getting no data. Need that little chat icon to pop up, I HATE calling in.

Still getting mine set up after going to church.

Took a big android update once connected to Wifi. Other than that, I've only deleted and disabled a bunch of apps. Yet to really test performance and such.

Apparently having an issue getting data at the moment. Updated prl and profile, but still getting no data. Need that little chat icon to pop up, I HATE calling in.

What's you're software version? OCF?

You can try the activation process again in settings. Or check your account online and make sure that it's showing your activated online.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

I'm not really the guy to be comparing RF stats. From what I can tell the s6 is running a tad worse than my n5, but not a lot. It does seem to switch between bands much better though, with no dropping back to 3g. Just using SCP I watched it bounce back and forth between b25 and b26 seamlessly. My n5 definitely didn't do that.