Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

I just went to Best Buy and used the S6 and S6 Edge.....that edge is special. Not sure if it's worth $100, but dang, really sets the look apart from all phones. The Samsung Experience drone manning the station said he's been selling pre-orders for the Edge at a 4:1 ratio over the S6.

I was seriously impressed with the speed and my opinion has changed, I wants....praying the RF isn't terrible as the predictions. I also set all the homepages to S4GRU.com.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

• Like 7

I just went to Best Buy and used the S6 and S6 Edge.....that edge is special. Not sure if it's worth $100, but dang, really sets the look apart from all phones. The Samsung Experience drone manning the station said he's been selling pre-orders for the Edge at a 4:1 ratio over the S6.

I was seriously impressed with the speed and my opinion has changed, I wants....praying the RF isn't terrible as the predictions. I also set all the homepages to S4GRU.com.

I am not surprised by this. Honestly if Samsung made the s6 edge just the regular s6 and only have that one model, they would be set for sure. I really believe that the edge will no doubt cannibalize sales of the regular s6 and if many can't get the edge then they may either wait it out or maybe even get something else instead of settling for the regular s6. I wouldn't be surprised if the overall sales of the s6 turn out to be lower than previous models simply because there just isn't enough edge models to go around.

• Like 1

I'd also bet the S7 will be Edge only

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Bad news for those who ordered the Edge in Gold. A Sprint chat rep confirmed that both S6 and S6 Edge preorders are being shipped on Monday, except for the Edge Gold. ???? Sprint has not received stock yet from Samsung. Shibal~!!

Sent from my SPH-L720

Oh yeah and FWIW, the Samsung guy said that the blue and green would be coming to Best Buy in June. He was quite confident of this. Not sure if anyone can verify that.

Oh yeah and FWIW, the Samsung guy said that the blue and green would be coming to Best Buy in June. He was quite confident of this. Not sure if anyone can verify that.

Best Buy has carried "exclusive" blue models of the S5, S4, M7, and G3 in the past. I would be surprised if they DIDN'T carry the blue one. As far as the green, who knows.

Bad news for those who ordered the Edge in Gold. A Sprint chat rep confirmed that both S6 and S6 Edge preorders are being shipped on Monday, except for the Edge Gold. Sprint has not received stock yet from Samsung. Shibal~!!

Sent from my SPH-L720

Hopefully the delay isn't too bad. When ordering the gold though the website said 2 to 3 weeks from order date.

I really wish edge was waterproof. And s6 could've had removable batteries. Or vice versa. Should've been a better distinction.

I've probably said this around here before but I don't know why they can't make the battery slide out of the side or bottom like a point and shoot camera. Sure they'd have to engineer some slick, discreet, tough hinges but I think they could do it.

• Like 2

I've probably said this around here before but I don't know why they can't make the battery slide out of the side or bottom like a point and shoot camera. Sure they'd have to engineer some slick, discreet, tough hinges but I think they could do it.

I hear this complaint so often from android folk. Do you guys REALLY carry around an extra battery? With an iPhone you can pay apple I replace it or do it yourself.

Is any battery really gonna die out < 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that hard, htc had a device a few years ago that had a battery that slid out from the side, I want to say that device was the HTC inspire on at&t. The only issue is that you really can't use an extended battery.

• Like 1

I hear this complaint so often from android folk. Do you guys REALLY carry around an extra battery? With an iPhone you can pay apple I replace it or do it yourself.

Yes, I travel and use second batteries. 0 to 100% instantly is very useful.

• Like 2

Some people overuse their handsets.  They cannot put them down, such that they must charge the handsets multiple times per day and wear their batteries too quickly.

I am convinced that the APA soon will add smartphone addiction to its latest DSM.  Treatment centers will offer recovery programs.  And that is no joke.

AJ

• Like 2

Hopefully someone like Anker will come out with a quick charge compatible portable battery powered USB device charger. A must for the S6. Would he nice for other phones too.

I think we'll see a development like this soon.

http://www.incipio.com/ces-power/quick-charge-portable-backup-battery-6000-mah.html

All of my smartphone batteries began to deteriorate around the 15-months mark - Galaxy S2, Galaxy S4, and Nexus 5 - and I've had to purchase new batteries. Thankfully, the N5 replacement was very simple to perform.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Hopefully someone like Anker will come out with a quick charge compatible portable battery powered USB device charger. A must for the S6. Would he nice for other phones too.

Already exists: http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-aukey-10000mah-external-battery-quick-charger

That said, it's disappeared from Amazon, so who knows when you can buy one again.

Anyone got their tracking numbers yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Still waiting.  Based on previous preorders, I am guessing that they'll update tracking info well after they've been shipped.

• Like 1

I just went to Best Buy and used the S6 and S6 Edge.....that edge is special. I also set all the homepages to S4GRU.com.

I went to local Sprint store during my lunch from work. The Edge is different. Kinda awkward to me, but cool. Oh, look what I did.

http://postimg.org/image/sz5xsbffv/

Anyone got their tracking numbers yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got my tracking # - label was created last night so I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow.

For anyone who wants to get their tracking number and hasn't received a sprint email, you can do the old "UPS reference number" which is your sprint account number to pull up the tracking info.

Just as another note, UPS tracking says 2nd day air but it's really overnight.

• Like 1

Got my tracking # - label was created last night so I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow.

For anyone who wants to get their tracking number and hasn't received a sprint email, you can do the old "UPS reference number" which is your sprint account number to pull up the tracking info.

Just as another note, UPS tracking says 2nd day air but it's really overnight.

Which one did you order again?