CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

I almost think there's repetitive information on this app. I think you could combine a few lines to have less clutter. Like this:

LTE: Band 26

RSRP: -100 dbm

Type (or Connection): FDD 5x5 MHz

UARFCN: 8763

It basically could eliminate the "BW:" line. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

(img)

Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I now have my newly unlocked old iPhone 5 that I can use for testing Verizon, so I'll try to resolve the bandwidth issue (as well as the inconsistent Cell IDs) this weekend.

I almost think there's repetitive information on this app. I think you could combine a few lines to have less clutter. Like this:

LTE: Band 26

RSRP: -100 dbm

Type (or Connection): FDD 5x5 MHz

UARFCN: 8763

It basically could eliminate the "BW:" line. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Will do. I could use that space for the PCI, or I could combine it with the GCI line. Depends on how much new info I can dig up from the undocumented depths of the iOS CoreTelephony framework. :)

• Like 2

Will do. I could use that space for the PCI, or I could combine it with the GCI line. Depends on how much new info I can dig up from the undocumented depths of the iOS CoreTelephony framework. :)

Well, we could take some sort of vote. After all, this isn't an app for only me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Alright, I hope someone can help me understand these bandwidth numbers.

On Sprint B25 and B26, it reports the bandwidth as "25".

On Sprint B41 it reports "100".

On Verizon B13 it reports "50".

On T-Mobile B4 it also reports "50".

Currently I'm just taking the square root of these numbers, and that's what's displayed (that's why 7 x 7 is shown for VZW and T-Mo 10x10). Any ideas on how else to interpret these numbers?

Alright, I hope someone can help me understand these bandwidth numbers.

On Sprint B25 and B26, it reports the bandwidth as "25".

On Sprint B41 it reports "100".

On Verizon B13 it reports "50".

On T-Mobile B4 it also reports "50".

Currently I'm just taking the square root of these numbers, and that's what's displayed (that's why 7 x 7 is shown for VZW and T-Mo 10x10). Any ideas on how else to interpret these numbers?

This may work.

25BW / 5MHz = 5

50BW / 10MHz = 5

100BW / 20MHz = 5

• Like 2

Those numbers may work for those situations, but you should gather data from a 15x15 T-Mobile and a 20x20 T-Mobile/Verizon just to see if a pattern follows.

Trying to get a T-Mo wideband signal as we speak. No luck so far. I might just have to upload this version as many people are waiting to be able to download it.  :(

• Like 1

Those numbers may work for those situations, but you should gather data from a 15x15 T-Mobile and a 20x20 T-Mobile/Verizon just to see if a pattern follows.

What details would you need? I could get engineering screenshots from VZW 20x20 band 4, 5x5 band 2, 10x10 band 13, and TMobile band 4 (not sure of BW in my area), and perhaps TMobile band 1.

Edit: on second thought I don't really know how to read the TMobile engineering screens, they're totally different than Sprints and VZWs, so I'll need some direction there.

What details would you need? I could get engineering screenshots from VZW 20x20 band 4, 5x5 band 2, 10x10 band 13, and TMobile band 4 (not sure of BW in my area), and perhaps TMobile band 1.

He would need any 15x15 and 20x20 to get the reading. Unfortunately, I think unless you have the source code or access to the underlying core telephony files, you wouldn't be able to see the right measurement. Only Nahum has that right now.

He would need any 15x15 and 20x20 to get the reading. Unfortunately, I think unless you have the source code or access to the underlying core telephony files, you wouldn't be able to see the right measurement. Only Nahum has that right now.

Yeah, I don't speak in source code or core telephony files....I probably can't help.

Yeah, I don't speak in source code or core telephony files....I probably can't help.

Well this is what betas are for! Uploading now. ;)

• Like 2

Emails should have been sent out a couple minutes ago. Everyone who was waiting for their UDID to be added should now be able to download using the newest email or the "Beta" app on your home screen.

Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to get me to the Premier Sponsor level, I really appreciate it!

• Like 8

Emails should have been sent out a couple minutes ago. Everyone who was waiting for their UDID to be added should now be able to download using the newest email or the "Beta" app on your home screen.

Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to get me to the Premier Sponsor level, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the new beta. Looks good to see SID, NID, and BID now.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 3

Welcome to premier. It's the least we could do. Thanks for the app. The new one looks great, and 6+ landscape now works great.

• Like 3

Enjoy being a premier sponsor...I spent five hours on the site in one sitting when I became one...
  • Like 2

I just updated to the new beta. It is working great on my end. My wife and I just had a baby boy, so it has taken me a little while to get caught up.

So far so good! Keep up the great work!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys!

We literally just got home from the hospital! Both momma and baby are perfectly healthy.

This is our first, so it's very surreal and 110% awesome!

Sorry for derailing this thread. ;)

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! [emoji106] [emoji120] [emoji2]

Glad to hear that everyone is happy and healthy! [emoji106]

• Like 2

I have never been able to really watch the bands switch before but last night going and getting take out was really interesting. No band 41 in Abq but 25 and 26 are everywhere. I didn't know that. Now I leave Notification Center down and bam I know!

• Like 4