CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Just uploaded a new beta. I've only tested this version for a day so expect bugs haha. I would've waited until I was sure of stability, but I wanted to add more devices but couldn't without including these new features. Enjoy (hopefully)!

• Like 5

Just uploaded a new beta. I've only tested this version for a day so expect bugs haha. I would've waited until I was sure of stability, but I wanted to add more devices but couldn't without including these new features. Enjoy (hopefully)!

Looks to be working!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I must be tired. The app no longer displays "No Data Connection" when there's no data. That's a huge oversight, my bad. I'll update again sometime tomorrow with the fix for that. The widget works fine in the mean time.

• Like 1

This is so awesome that you have been able to figure this out. You have exceeded my best attempt at an iPhone app by 50,000 times. Thanks! :tu:

• Like 4

What features will be there that we don't have.

(Quoted from http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6407-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-user-thread/?p=404044 to prevent derailing that thread.)

The jailbreak features I have planned include status bar info like so:

ki3QVHRl.png

(Sorry for image size)

This also makes the status bar signal strength display more accurate.

Root access also allows you to use the "Reset Data Connection" button in the Settings tab of the app.

LTE connection logging with locations is also on my list but I'm not sure when I'll get time to implement that.

• Like 5

Oooo when do we get access to this?? :twitch:

-Anthony

As soon as I can figure out why it crashes Snapchat and Instagram lol

I haven't noticed a single thing wrong with either beta. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. In any case, it's been rock solid stable, wish I had more to report!

Always good to hear. :)
  • Like 4

This is awesome! Makes me want to JailBreak and join the party lol. Oh how I wish this app could be in the App Store. I would even pay for it.

Nothing over $10 tho lmao

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Edited by IsaiahL

I have it running on Verizon, it is currently showing LTE Band 13 as 7x7.

Well that's... impossible. Apparently I don't have FDD bandwidth calculations completely correct either. Plus, it doesn't work at all on 8.3 beta. This still needs lots of work.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/b497ff64ec1a918f0c5a8c413816bd08.jpg

(8.3 beta 2)

• Like 1

Just an observation. With your recent inclusion of 1x tracking, I have noticed that it shows 1x and EVDO/eHRPD with the same dBm levels at all times, even when I'm on Band Class 10. Just wanted to point that out.

-Anthony

Just an observation. With your recent inclusion of 1x tracking, I have noticed that it shows 1x and EVDO/eHRPD with the same dBm levels at all times, even when I'm on Band Class 10. Just wanted to point that out.

-Anthony

So that wasn't just me. Good to know, I'll fix that soon.

Also, something changed in CoreTelephony in 8.3 beta. The API I use to grab the data returns "NULL". I don't think there's anyone included in the CellularInfo beta that's on 8.3, just wanted to warn everyone in case they were considering updating to any beta versions of iOS.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, how hard was it for you to make this app iPhone 6/6+ compatible? I'm just wondering why, after 5 months, many billion dollar corporations have not even attempted to update their apps for the new screen size. It's getting annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 6