CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Is it too late to get in on this or do I need to wait for the next build release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested, too. Let me know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love to see the settings moved to their own section, with the text being larger and on a black background with white text. It's kind of hard to see the gray/white section in the app.

I agree; I'll work on a "dark theme".

The app needs a lot of work. I've been mostly focused on optimizing the widget because iOS allocates a very small amount of CPU power and memory to it.

Is it too late to get in on this or do I need to wait for the next build release?

I'm interested, too. Let me know!

I'm planning to add new devices to the list once a day. You'll get an email when you're able to download it. :)

The link is https://betas.to/vvkvE5F5. Please don't sign up more than one device: I have a limited amount of registration spots.

• Like 2

Is there a way to decipher the cell ID. I'm used to cell identity and just You're welcome know... Not knowing anything else because it's iPhone haha

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I just suggested he add a "0" in front to make it the true GCI. First 3 (or in our case as of now, first 2) are the market id, next 3 are site id, and last 2 are sector id.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I suggest having it so that the notification widget is the "Just the numbers" area, and then in the app translate some of the coding so it's formatted.  I'm guessing Vince you're referring to the UARFCN number with that? The app could take that and show it like this: 

Market: 0##

Site:      ###

Sector: ##

Also, I think there is some number that is hex in Android and a normal number in iOS (or vice versa, can't remember).  Maybe show both of those if it's a simple translation.

I agree with moving the Settings to its own area off the main screen.  Have a gear button to take you to that screen.

I agree; I'll work on a "dark theme".

The app needs a lot of work. I've been mostly focused on optimizing the widget because iOS allocates a very small amount of CPU power and memory to it.

I'm planning to add new devices to the list once a day. You'll get an email when you're able to download it. :)

The link is https://betas.to/vvkvE5F5. Please don't sign up more than one device: I have a limited amount of registration spots.

Bad link [emoji32]

Sorry about the image size, tapatalk doesn't let you change it. But can someone confirm that there's no problems here? Thanks :)

How are you identifying Clear and Sprint?

• Like 1

0af1a34b640c07c0a4b657d3eed40b62.jpg

Sorry about the image size, tapatalk doesn't let you change it. But can someone confirm that there's no problems here? Thanks :)

Looks good.

Since B41 is TDD LTE, is it possible to change the 1x20mhz to (1x) 20mhz TDD or something like that. Then each additional B41 carrier in aggregation could be (2x) 20mhz TDD and so on.

Of course the current crop of iPhone can't do carrier aggregation, but at least you'll be ready when they do finally implement CA for a future iPhone (6s, 7?)

Otherwise, I have no idea what limitations you have. ;)

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Good question. Coming very soon ;)

Very nice!  I have a feature request (maybe it is already built in for if/when the jailbreak version gets out).  

I am unaware of the limitations of iOS so if it isn't possible, then don't worry about it of course - but can we get rid of the dots or dBm that Apple provides on the status bar and instead show the dBm values from the app (along with the LTE band as you have been working on).

I find that the dBm levels on the status bar from Apple tend to not update very often and as a result display some very incorrect values at times.  I love how you can set the refresh times in your app and I feel like it would be great to see those values displayed on the status bar instead!   :D

I hate to already be asking for things, so by all means ignore it.  Obviously the app as it stands now is leaps and bounds better than anything else we have on iOS for tracking!   :tu:

Honestly, we're a ways off from carrier aggregation. There's no reason to display the 1x, and it might get confusing. I think just 20mhz is fine. Maybe move the TDD next to it? The earliest we would see CA is September. Also, on the main app, I see that you made a dark mode which is great, but can you make the font larger? Great work.

• Like 1

Honestly, we're a ways off from carrier aggregation. There's no reason to display the 1x, and it might get confusing. I think just 20mhz is fine. Maybe move the TDD next to it? The earliest we would see CA is September. Also, on the main app, I see that you made a dark mode which is great, but can you make the font larger? Great work.

September is right around the corner. I'm expecting the next iPhone to feature at least 2xCA in B41.

My recommendation was to put the 1x in (): (1x) 20Mhz or (2x) 20Mhz....etc. It wont mess with his FDD format too much. It would be nice to have the TDD behind it too:

(1x) 20Mhz TDD.

Of course, I have no idea what his limitations are at this point. It really doesn't matter to me, as long as it makes sense.

It's not really a dark mode, just dark by default. But yeah I'll just make it 20 MHz.

Also I'll make the font size customizable because personally I prefer it small.

Very nice! I have a feature request (maybe it is already built in for if/when the jailbreak version gets out).

I find that the dBm levels on the status bar from Apple tend to not update very often and as a result display some very incorrect values at times. I love how you can set the refresh times in your app and I feel like it would be great to see those values displayed on the status bar instead! :D

I can just make the Apple-provided dBm/ signal dots update more frequently. That would probably be more accurate than my calculated dBm levels.
  • Like 3

September is right around the corner. I'm expecting the next iPhone to feature at least 2xCA in B41.

My recommendation was to put the 1x in (): (1x) 20Mhz or (2x) 20Mhz....etc. It wont mess with his FDD format too much. It would be nice to have the TDD behind it too:

(1x) 20Mhz TDD.

Of course, I have no idea what his limitations are at this point. It really doesn't matter to me, as long as it makes sense.

When you're dealing with carrier aggregation you want to use #+# instead of #x# as #x# Is commonly used for paired FDD spectrum while TDD is just a single block of 20 MHz or what not which makes it easy to know that 20+20 is two 20 MHz carriers aggregated together.
  • Like 3

I just noticed that your GCI is missing a digit. Maybe when you added the "0," it kicked one off? Should be market, tower, sector--0MMTTTSS

When you're dealing with carrier aggregation you want to use #+# instead of #x# as #x# Is commonly used for paired FDD spectrum while TDD is just a single block of 20 MHz or what not which makes it easy to know that 20+20 is two 20 MHz carriers aggregated together.

That is exactly my point. I just put the 1x in parenthesis to denote 1 times 20mhz TDD, 2 times 20mhz TDD.....etc. Otherwise, people might get confused.

20+20 works too.

I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it. Regardless, I'm super stoked that we're even talking about this app for iOS and that it is becoming a reality.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly. Would that make 3 aggregated 20Mhz carriers "20+20+20 MHz"?

I just noticed that your GCI is missing a digit. Maybe when you added the "0," it kicked one off? Should be market, tower, sector--0MMTTTSS

Uh oh. Not sure what happened there. I don't think the last digit got kicked off. Maybe iOS just formats it differently?

Is it normal for the B41 market ID to be different from the B25/26 market ID?

B25/26 seems to be 20 (020)

Sprint B41 seems to be 34 (034). The 34 is always followed by a D (034D) so maybe that's a part of the Sector ID?

Also.. Clear B41 varies quite a bit. I haven't noticed a pattern between them at all.

EDIT: Man I need to proofread better.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly. Would that make 3 aggregated 20Mhz carriers "20+20+20 MHz"?

Yep. 

One can shorten it down to 2x30 or 3x20 though which would probably be simpler for people to understand from your app. 

In real technical terms it'll be 40+40/ 60+60 to denote split capacity sites to indicate that there are 2 chains of 4x MIMO for 40mhz or 60 mhz of aggregated spectrum per chain. 

Uh oh. Not sure what happened there. I don't think the last digit got kicked off. Maybe iOS just formats it differently?

Is it normal for the B41 market ID to be different from the B25/26 market ID?

B25/26 seems to be 20 (020)

Sprint B41 seems to be 34 (034). The 34 is always followed by a D (034D) so maybe that's a part of the Sector ID?

Also.. Clear B41 varies quite a bit. I haven't noticed a pattern between them at all.

EDIT: Man I need to proofread better.

If Sprint B25/26 is 020, Sprint B41 should be 021. 034 would probably be Clear B41.

• Like 1

If Sprint B25/26 is 020, Sprint B41 should be 021. 034 would probably be Clear B41.

If the program is dropping the first zero the market GCI might be 002TTTSS plus the 1450 hex tower offset the band 41 would be 003TTTSS. If he is see GCI 0201201 and 0346201 the program is dropping the first zero. The market should be 002.

With most market GCI bytes being even he could write code as long as it's sprints  MCC-MNC.

if(0x100000 & GCI){

// it's band 41

}else{

//check sector info for band 25/26

}