nahum365

CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

There was a point in time where the thinking was that Apple was offering some way to get at the data without jailbreak.  I'm not sure where it ended up but it was some core something API.  Maybe it was just a witch hunt, but the data that CellularInfo provided is displayed already if the user goes to Field Test.  Really wild that information is not exposed anywhere without jailbreak - its available now - just have to use field test to get it. 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:36 PM, shaferz said:

There was a point in time where the thinking was that Apple was offering some way to get at the data without jailbreak.  I'm not sure where it ended up but it was some core something API.  Maybe it was just a witch hunt, but the data that CellularInfo provided is displayed already if the user goes to Field Test.  Really wild that information is not exposed anywhere without jailbreak - its available now - just have to use field test to get it. 

Yeah Just dialing the *3001#12345#* is a pain. Having the widgets on the screen would be easier for sure

On 5/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, jeremyvbk said:

Yeah Just dialing the *3001#12345#* is a pain. Having the widgets on the screen would be easier for sure

But then again field test mode is not accurate. To have the data available for iPhone without jail breaking it would be perfect.

Anyone get this app working on the new 13.5 jailbreak?  I installed it because I figured what the hell, might as well try.  Installs and shows the LTE band and GCI, but no RSRP or SNR info displays.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, uecker87 said:

Anyone get this app working on the new 13.5 jailbreak?  I installed it because I figured what the hell, might as well try.  Installs and shows the LTE band and GCI, but no RSRP or SNR info displays.

iOS 14 will probably make this app sightly less useful. They redesigned the Field Test screens to be much more useful and pleasing to look at.

-Anthony

10 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

iOS 14 will probably make this app sightly less useful. They redesigned the Field Test screens to be much more useful and pleasing to look at.

-Anthony

I disagree somewhat.  Having the info available in widget format would be awesome.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaferz said:

I disagree somewhat.  Having the info available in widget format would be awesome.  

Definitely, I agree. I’m curious if anything has cropped up in either iOS 14 or previous versions to make a widget possible.

-Anthony