CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Now I leave Notification Center down and bam I know!

AJ

• Like 8

I just had a thought - how difficult would it be to add wifi info to the app in addition to cellular? I have a dual band router with the same SSID for both bands and I'm always curious to know which band I'm on without having to log into the router. Signal strength in dBm as well as the channel within the band you're connected to would be useful info as well.

• Like 1

I just had a thought - how difficult would it be to add wifi info to the app in addition to cellular? I have a dual band router with the same SSID for both bands and I'm always curious to know which band I'm on without having to log into the router. Signal strength in dBm as well as the channel within the band you're connected to would be useful info as well.

I actually have information about Wifi, that would be pretty easy to implement.

Also, for everyone else: I pushed out another build, it now includes the SNR (signal-to-noise). 

• Like 3

I actually have information about Wifi, that would be pretty easy to implement.

Also, for everyone else: I pushed out another build, it now includes the SNR (signal-to-noise).

Tapping "open cellularinfo" from the notification shade no longer opens the app for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Tapping "open cellularinfo" from the notification shade no longer opens the app for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Can't reproduce that, what version of iOS are you on? Do you get a popup saying the URL isn't supported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't reproduce that, what version of iOS are you on? Do you get a popup saying the URL isn't supported?

8.1.3. No error. It just doesn't do anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

8.1.3. No error. It just doesn't do anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm also on a 6+ on 8.1.3. Try removing it from Notification Center and readding it. Or just reinstall the app. It's possible that it somehow crashed and is just frozen now.

I'm also on a 6+ on 8.1.3. Try removing it from Notification Center and readding it. Or just reinstall the app. It's possible that it somehow crashed and is just frozen now.

It's working now. I didn't do anything. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It's working now. I didn't do anything. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Good to hear. I don't think it was a crash, I should've gotten a crash report if it was. Or maybe iOS doesn't send crash reports for widgets. Definitely strange though.

Where can i sign up to get CellularInfo? Does it work on iOS Betas? Excuse my ignorance I haven't read the whole forum lol.

Where can i sign up to get CellularInfo? Does it work on iOS Betas? Excuse my ignorance I haven't read the whole forum lol.

It doesn't work on 8.3. Not sure about 8.2, I'd be surprised if it works though.

Just wanted to point out again, in case you didn't know, 1x and eHRPD are still showing as the exact same dBm. Not sure if you have control over that or not, but just wanted to let you know. :)

-Anthony

Just wanted to point out again, in case you didn't know, 1x and eHRPD are still showing as the exact same dBm. Not sure if you have control over that or not, but just wanted to let you know. :)

-Anthony

I'm not sure if I can fix that, but it is on my todo list.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, is there a call in Core Telephony that you can pull the carrier when our devices are roaming?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

nahum, I am getting an iPhone 6 Plus later this week. Would there be any way for you to remove my 5S's UDID and add my 6 Plus's when I get it? Thanks!

-Anthony

Welcome to the plus club. Start doing your hand stretches now before you receive it. You don't want to end up with iArthritis.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

Welcome to the plus club. Start doing your hand stretches now before you receive it. You don't want to end up with iArthritis.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Meanwhile, I went back to using my iBlason case because the Otterbox is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm almost in the Plus club. Just gotta get this unlock for my 5S to work and sell it to my friend tomorrow and we'll be golden! (Figuratively and possibly literally depending on which color I get ;) )

-Anthony

Meanwhile, I went back to using my iBlason case because the Otterbox is driving me nuts.

My cases keep getting slimmer and slimmer. Right now, I'm using a Spigen thin fit matte for some grip. It offers zero drop protection, and is only good for preventing back and side scratches. Damn slick phone. I don't want to use a case!

I'm almost in the Plus club. Just gotta get this unlock for my 5S to work and sell it to my friend tomorrow and we'll be golden! (Figuratively and possibly literally depending on which color I get ;) )

-Anthony

I've owned all colors, and the gold is my new permanent choice from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

My cases keep getting slimmer and slimmer. Right now, I'm using a Spigen thin fit matte for some grip. It offers zero drop protection, and is only good for preventing back and side scratches. Damn slick phone. I don't want to use a case!

I've owned all colors, and the gold is my new permanent choice from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

My 3GS and my 4 were black. My 5 was silver & white, and my 5S was gold, and my 6+ is gold. I definitely won't buy another color than gold unless they make a blue anodized aluminum.

• Like 1

My 3GS and my 4 were black. My 5 was silver & white, and my 5S was gold, and my 6+ is gold. I definitely won't buy another color than gold unless they make a blue anodized aluminum.

Agreed lol, my 4 was black and my 5 was white. So with my 6 I went back to black, that white glass is tiring after a while lol. If they make blue and black I'll definitely pick that up. Hopefully with the 6s and 6s Plus we'll get some new colors.

• Like 1