CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

The code for that feature isn't enabled, no way is that working for you. You can see "B25", "B26", or "B41" in your status bar instead of just "LTE"?

It's supposed to, but I've never seen it say Sprint B41 yet. Maybe one of you will.

See the pics above. I think so? I don't know lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Does this distinguish between sprint b41 and clear b41? I forget if you managed to work that out.

Anyways! This is awesome. Thank you!

Looks like it.

RX5Xagm.png

Here is Sprint Band 41.

255af9e66ad6c9e1f3beff4910b1e513.jpg

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 4

Now I don't have to fumble with the field test mode code thing while driving and can just look!

I was going to stab something if I had to use field test one more time.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

Is there a way to decipher the cell ID. I'm used to cell identity and just You're welcome know... Not knowing anything else because it's iPhone haha

I just suggested he add a "0" in front to make it the true GCI. First 3 (or in our case as of now, first 2) are the market id, next 3 are site id, and last 2 are sector id.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Nahum365, will this work on other carriers, or just Sprint?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

It should work on all LTE networks. Also works on Verizon EVDO. No GSM support yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bandwidth measurements are incorrect. Working on that now. Usually works fine on FDD LTE though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless it's nice progress. Best of luck to you! =)
  • Like 5

No more Field Test!!!! This is a God-send.

In the first hour of having this app installed, I realized straight away that my G3 holds onto B41 much much longer than my iPhone 6+. I never noticed this before, because I could never catch this in time using Field Test.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would love to see the settings moved to their own section, with the text being larger and on a black background with white text. It's kind of hard to see the gray/white section in the app.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

No more Field Test!!!! This is a God-send.

In the first hour of having this app installed, I realized straight away that my G3 holds onto B41 much much longer than my iPhone 6+. I never noticed this before, because I could never catch this in time using Field Test.

Interesting... I realized from this that my iPhone kills my Nexus 5 in B41. Seriously isn't even close. About 5-8 dBm better in all locations which gives me a lot better coverage.

• Like 1

Interesting... I realized from this that my iPhone kills my Nexus 5 in B41. Seriously isn't even close. About 5-8 dBm better in all locations which gives me a lot better coverage.

My G3 is slightly better at B41 in signal strength, but what really surprises me is that the iPhone 6+ will drop to B25/26 while the G3 is still latched on to B41. Both of which have usable B41 signal (-110 to -114dBm).

The G3 reports about 1-3dBm better on B41. They are almost identical on B25/26.

I could never have noticed this without CellularInfo and for that, I am extremely grateful!

• Like 3

Awesome once again man. This is sweet! My family and I happen to be in downtown Chicago this weekend so it's neat to see the phone hop all over the place. A little surprised that it shows I am sitting on a clear tower though!

• Like 2