Sprint Super Bowl Coverage/DAS

More on the Levi's Stadium DAS/Wi-Fi Build:

http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2015/10/report-excerpt-levis-stadium-gets-ready-for-super-bowl-50/

"Because of higher than expected traffic increases for the upcoming Super Bowl, the carriers using the DAS asked for (and paid for) a complete overhaul of the DAS system, which is expected to be completed during the first part of the 2015 NFL season."

Per the page: "See part 2 of this excerpt tomorrow" or you can register and download the whole report.

EDIT: Part 2: http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2015/10/report-excerpt-part-2-app-updates-part-of-levis-stadium-prep-for-super-bowl-50/

• 2 months later...

Sprint Tackles the Big Game

By Eamon O’Leary, Regional Network Vice President, Sprint

Great blog post about Sprint's network improvements for The Big Game on February 7th. Nice to see that Sprint worked to get Carrier Aggregation deployed on the stadium DAS as well as on many sites in the region.

Some other interesting info about DAS deployments in the area as well: SFO Airport, OAK Airport, Moscone Center, Stanford Stadium.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Glad to see they have the other event venues covered as well.

Agreed. Seems like Sprint went in big on these improvements in the region. Anybody here going to the Game or going to be in the area?

• Like 1

Isn't this the same system that at&t uses inside of Disneyland?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Do you mean DAS in general or is the one for the super bowl the same as the one in Disneyland?

Either way, each DAS setup is different. Different numbers of antennas, different equipment/vendors, different spectrum support.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

Do you mean DAS in general or is the one for the super bowl the same as the one in Disneyland?

Either way, each DAS setup is different. Different numbers of antennas, different equipment/vendors, different spectrum support.

Sent from my LG G4

Yes at&t uses DAS for Disneyland.... im guessing it's best setup for venues.

Yes at&t uses DAS for Disneyland.... im guessing it's best setup for venues.

I'm aware they use a DAS. You asked if it was the same one. Most likely nothing like the DAS used there. Each one is different.

Sent from my LG G4

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on coverage?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9dbfa73e078a791d3dc23481f6c692df.jpg verizon is monitoring the game by sections and is adding capacity where it is needed.... at&t is struggling the most....b31b3e79b2a2a5d611638c62fe71aa7f.jpga sprint speed test at the game

• Like 3

9dbfa73e078a791d3dc23481f6c692df.jpg verizon is monitoring the game by sections and is adding capacity where it is needed.... at&t is struggling the most....b31b3e79b2a2a5d611638c62fe71aa7f.jpga sprint speed test at the game

U at the game or following the online updates?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am actually all over twitter... looking at different tech sites and other peoples accounts that are at the game

Ah gotcha. I thought there might be a Reddit or something

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

aca92f0eae4fa4c701309ed3c66ff6fa.jpg at&t is struggling the worst... no LTE

Damn. Is it confirmed that that's not just an older phone that doesn't have lte capability

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk