Account Spending Limit

derrph

I started in 2011 with ASL and no deposit, and despite some payments being late, it was automatically removed from my account in 2013 without me even asking. Of course, I don't agree with the fee increase, I think the program can be a benefit, but the fee needs to be dropped back down to what it was when I first started.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

And I know -- because I teach symbolic logic.

Does that mean you can help me with my discrete structures homework? ;)

On a serious note, I was on an ASL when I first moved my line off my parents Nextel account and on to my own. They automatically took it off after 12 months and now everytime I visit the store in downtown Portland I get the same rep who comments that he's never seen an account that can have so many additional lines added. But they didn't charge for the "service" which is not OK as far as I'm concerned. I understand wanting to restrict how much someone owes you, much like a credit card, but I would think that would only alienate customers who perhaps aren't that loyal (overall) anyways.

Can customers get EasyPay devices on prepaid? Or with an ASL?

Does that mean you can help me with my discrete structures homework? ;)

On a serious note, I was on an ASL when I first moved my line off my parents Nextel account and on to my own. They automatically took it off after 12 months and now everytime I visit the store in downtown Portland I get the same rep who comments that he's never seen an account that can have so many additional lines added. But they didn't charge for the "service" which is not OK as far as I'm concerned. I understand wanting to restrict how much someone owes you, much like a credit card, but I would think that would only alienate customers who perhaps aren't that loyal (overall) anyways.

Can customers get EasyPay devices on prepaid? Or with an ASL?

No, you can not Easy Pay devices on prepaid. Yes, most ASL customers can get a device on Easy Pay, most usually have to pay a deposit that results in a lower monthly payment for the device.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I started with an ASL 2 line limit 125$ per line deposit back in 2001..... Now I have a 12 line account, 10 is supposed to the Absolute Max rule for Personal Consumer Accounts.... Sprint will damn near give me anything I want at this point...

Not Gloating, just showing where I came from and where Im at now...

I started the same as many here..on ASL with 1 line, $125. added 2nd phone a year later, and it was $125 per phone, so $250.

Up to today...I had the ASL removed last May...which took a bit of calling and talking...but it finally happened....

I received an email just before Christmas..."add lines for Holidays to give to your family...etc"

I got curious, since now I have 4 lines plus airave (which doesn't count as a line, but has a number)..

So I asked a rep how many lines I could add....they told me 10 total...so 6 more if I wanted (which I don't).

Guess it's good to know I've come from ASL 1 line, to no ASL and possible 10 lines (11 with airave).

I started the same as many here..on ASL with 1 line, $125. added 2nd phone a year later, and it was $125 per phone, so $250.

Up to today...I had the ASL removed last May...which took a bit of calling and talking...but it finally happened....

I received an email just before Christmas..."add lines for Holidays to give to your family...etc"

I got curious, since now I have 4 lines plus airave (which doesn't count as a line, but has a number)..

So I asked a rep how many lines I could add....they told me 10 total...so 6 more if I wanted (which I don't).

Guess it's good to know I've come from ASL 1 line, to no ASL and possible 10 lines (11 with airave).

That airave does eat up one of your available lines.

That airave does eat up one of your available lines.

Not according to account services back in May 2013. I specifically asked that question, they said no. And when I got my 2nd phone, I was only approved for 2 lines, but had my airave, my phone and wife's phone.

Sent from my LGLS990

Not according to account services back in May 2013. I specifically asked that question, they said no. And when I got my 2nd phone, I was only approved for 2 lines, but had my airave, my phone and wife's phone.

Sent from my LGLS990

If you are maxed out and have an airave they automatically make an exception for another line.

you can be on ASL without the charge (free);

- enroll in ebill

- enroll in automatic payments (either to your checking account, or a credit card).

BTW, automatic payments to a credit card are pretty awesome.

You never have to worry about a late or missed payment.

If you have a credit card that gives you points, you get extra points every month from charging and paying your phone bill(s).

Precisely. The fee is for paper bills and/or not giving them your credit card. This makes perfect since since a customer is on ASL since they are unable to demonstrate the ability and willingness to pay on time. Sprint has an interest in giving an incentive to these customers to be in ebill and autopay.

A customer with poor credit is given two options: make Sprint able to take the money directly or pay more (to cover the risk). That seems very fair.

There are different levels of the spending limit. They may have changed since I've been there, but they were: $125, $250, $300 and $500 I believe. As long as you keep your total account balance under that amount (no matter how many phones you have), service would perform as normal. If your balance was over your set amount, calls and data were restricted on at least the main line on the account. If you paid enough to get under the ASL, your service would return to normal. Your service was never terminated.

Thats no longer true. You can be under your credit limit and past due and they will limit or disconnect service. The ASL as it is constituted now is nothing more than a money grab.

I just recently went into a Sprint store to purchase the nexus 6 on easy pay when I was told I would have to pay a down payment on the device because of the asl. The customer service rep said he could get that removed with no problem though and with just a phone call and he did, just like that. I was able to get the nexus 6 for 0 down and he told me I could have been got the asl removed. I guess no other rep cared to do so and I really just never looked into it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk