New LG tablet ZNFLK430

Rawvega

Whoa... I might actually get it now, especially with that offer! :o  

Glad to see a blog was created for this device. :)

I just got 2ea this week, the black for me  and the white for my spouse.

Thus far I really like what this tab has to offer and having lollipop, although 5.0.1, is great out the box. Like most have stated the internal memory really should have been at a minimum 16GB with that said at 8GB I'm really concerned so that brings me to the the reason I'm initially here.   How do I go about setting up the G Pad F SD Card as the DEFAULT for ALL storage. I'm aware that system files are not movable but everything else at least should be.  I've done Google search to no help thus I'm here and need your advice.

Other than the memory inquiry I find the G Pad F practical for everyday use and meets my expectations. Sweet 7" tablet!
:tu:

• Like 1

As far as I can see, the data to SD card is by each app.  The camera gives you the choice in the setting gear choice.   My screenshots go there too.

I use the tablet system to move some apps themselves to the class 10 SD card. 

Also, I have learned that in System/Apps/ (App name), I can totally disable some of the Google %^&*()_ apps that by default comes in all Android devices.  While I cannot uninstall them, I can avoid wasted  CPU and Google updates for the garbage.

Ledt6Gd.png

Wi-Fi  on the tablet in my home is as fast as my provider claims which is pretty nice for a Cable Modem > router > 2.4 Ghz N Wi-Fi setup.  That was on OOKLA speed test.  Sitting in the same spot, Sensorly reports about a third download speed with the upload speed being fairly close.  Sensorly ping to server was 4x slower.   I guess that must be the distance factor as Sensorly chooses a server halfway across the country.

LTE signal speed is unimpressive in most cases, but there have been exceptions.  Like nobody in my town can get a data signal inside a Wal-Mart.  This tablet did enough for my reporting app to function in all but one case.  I was pleasantly surprised the app in question did not dent my 1Gig plan much.

Using this tablet for tower chasing is a battery challenge with all three single test apps running at once.  I just plug into the car charger, but when I forget and leave them running, the battery drain shows when I pick it up for some real work.

As far as I can see, the data to SD card is by each app.  The camera gives you the choice in the setting gear choice.   My screenshots go there too.

I use the tablet system to move some apps themselves to the class 10 SD card. 

Also, I have learned that in System/Apps/ (App name), I can totally disable some of the Google %^&*()_ apps that by default comes in all Android devices.  While I cannot uninstall them, I can avoid wasted  CPU and Google updates for the garbage.

Wi-Fi  on the tablet in my home is as fast as my provider claims which is pretty nice for a Cable Modem > router > 2.4 Ghz N Wi-Fi setup.  That was on OOKLA speed test.  Sitting in the same spot, Sensorly reports about a third download speed with the upload speed being fairly close.  Sensorly ping to server was 4x slower.   I guess that must be the distance factor as Sensorly chooses a server halfway across the country.

LTE signal speed is unimpressive in most cases, but there have been exceptions.  Like nobody in my town can get a data signal inside a Wal-Mart.  This tablet did enough for my reporting app to function in all but one case.  I was pleasantly surprised the app in question did not dent my 1Gig plan much.

Using this tablet for tower chasing is a battery challenge with all three single test apps running at once.  I just plug into the car charger, but when I forget and leave them running, the battery drain shows when I pick it up for some real work.

First let me say thanks for your feedback.

As I suspected. it's going to be a tedious task to say the least.  :td:

The actual stock device doesn't really have all that much bloatware it's just the limited internal memory that the system files take majority of,  almost 5GB including software data that coupled with Google apps that are not movable together with my personal apps that are also not movable ( social networks mainly ) amounts to almost 2GB leaving 1.77GB available for use. Needless to say I must prioritize which apps to download and install.  Ouch! :wacko:

I hope I don't come off whining or complaining but IMHO the internal memory which LG should have made 16GB the standard minimum and or any manufacture at that plus SD Card expandable is ideal and practical for today's daily use.  The cloud is nice but it doesn't hold system files. ^_^

Aside from that the device use and performance is spectacular and the battery is Great! I've really enjoyed using this budget tablet and have grown found of it.  I would recommend for casual users. :tu:

lg g pad f 7.0 Sprint.png

• Like 3

Thanks for the links.

btw I've been there and didn't find the answer that's why I came here, lol. You've answered with the OG response here so that cleared things up. 

The one thing that MS Windows has for it's gadgets would be very helpful in Android. Here a photo pic at a one stop solution for storage.

MS Win storage settings.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think so.  My biggest complaint is that almost nothing goes to the SD card.

Despite  Maverick\s opinion that this one has minimal bloatware, I had to delete a half dozen apps in order to upgrade the latest update of about 324 GB.  I should have had enough space to handle that, but it insisted that was not the case.

My current status: 

Total Space 8GB

Available  891 GB

Apps        2.11 GB

Photos     34.27 MB

Audio       236 kb

Downloads  71.96 MB after several deletions

Cashed Data  240 MB

Misc                4.68 GB

SD card 59.65  GB    Total Space

Available 59.58 GB

My other devices allow me to direct apps or data onto the SD card.  It is rare to be able to do so with this device effectively.

Running Lollopop 5.0.1

Software  LK430ZV4 after update today.

• 1 month later...