AT&T now the second slowest network in US

payturr

Oh the roaming agreement with the smaller carriers. Will that be considered native coverage or roaming?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

There will be off network roaming and there will be pseudo native coverage depending on the roaming agreement the partner carriers signed.

We have additional information on such relationships that will be written and published as we get things clarified.

There will be off network roaming and there will be pseudo native coverage depending on the roaming agreement the partner carriers signed.

We have additional information such relationships that will be written and published as we get things clarified.

Oh ok. I just also checked out that link about it and the coverage map will look identical to Verizon and AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Oh ok. I just also checked out that link about it and the coverage map will look identical to Verizon and AT&T.

Identical?  No.

AJ

Does sprint have any plans of expanding their footprint past what they already have now?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Montana.

• Like 1

So I pulled my phone out today and noticed I was on band 2. I decided to run a speed test, started off mid 30s then jumped to 51mbps. My phone still read band 2. Att must be aggregating band 2 & 17. Also would signal check ever display both bands if I'm using an aggregated data session?

So I pulled my phone out today and noticed I was on band 2. I decided to run a speed test, started off mid 30s then jumped to 51mbps. My phone still read band 2. Att must be aggregating band 2 & 17. Also would signal check ever display both bands if I'm using an aggregated data session?

Ask mikejeep.  But I doubt it.  SignalCheck is likely limited to reading the PCC -- the SCC, if any, is unknown.

AJ

Ask mikejeep. But I doubt it. SignalCheck is likely limited to reading the PCC -- the SCC, if any, is unknown.

AJ

The PCC would have to be band 17 so it doesn't sound like that's aggregation. I believe AT&T band 2 is capable of reaching 51Mbit/s without aggregating.

The PCC would have to be band 17 so it doesn't sound like that's aggregation. I believe AT&T band 2 is capable of reaching 51Mbit/s without aggregating.

It is capable of 51Mbit as it seems like they're rolling out PCS in 10x10 much like band 17. Depending on the area it can be good. Midtown at 23rd street it's absolute garbage.

under the hidden menu in my phone there are options for the primary cell to be band 2 and 4 with 17 as the secondary one

No, the PCC probably should be band 17, but it would not have to be band 17 -- that depends upon the device.  The Nexus 6, for example, supports carrier aggregation with only band 2 or band 4 as the PCC.

AJ

• 1 month later...

AT&T is still not a bad network, they are still not done with LTE deployment, sometimes there 3G "HSPA +" is faster then there LTE. I have friends who have T-mobile and they still get 2G EDGE out side city limits LOL and I think I remember seeing somewhere saying T-mobile will have LTE on ALL there 2G EDGE sites by the end of 2014, its almost the end of 2014.... I maybe I didnt read that right or I might be wrong. Regardless ALL the carriers have there good and bad spots, no one carrier is THE BEST and PERFECT, Just saying!!  :)

its actually 2G to LTE by the end of 2015 not 2014

I wouldn't say they are slow. From the month that I had them I was between 11 and 20mbps which was more than what I needed. But I would say they have a consistent experience across the board from my time with them. I wonder how much has changed since the last time I had them more than a year ago. I might go pick up a go phone sim since they have unlimited data but slowed after a certain gb.

I wonder if they will have that same policy here soon on post paid accounts on the higher data plans I think that'll be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

With all these mobile share value plans, double data promos, and rollover data, existing subscribers are being encouraged to use more data. My market was also a former cricKet CDMA area so those are also jumping into the network.