AT&T now the second slowest network in US

payturr

AT&T is still not a bad network, they are still not done with LTE deployment, sometimes there 3G "HSPA +" is faster then there LTE. I have friends who have T-mobile and they still get 2G EDGE out side city limits LOL and I think I remember seeing somewhere saying T-mobile will have LTE on ALL there 2G EDGE sites by the end of 2014, its almost the end of 2014.... I maybe I didnt read that right or I might be wrong. Regardless ALL the carriers have there good and bad spots, no one carrier is THE BEST and PERFECT, Just saying!!  :)

All very true.

• Like 2

AT&T is still not a bad network, they are still not done with LTE deployment, sometimes there 3G "HSPA +" is faster then there LTE. I have friends who have T-mobile and they still get 2G EDGE out side city limits LOL and I think I remember seeing somewhere saying T-mobile will have LTE on ALL there 2G EDGE sites by the end of 2014, its almost the end of 2014.... I maybe I didnt read that right or I might be wrong. Regardless ALL the carriers have there good and bad spots, no one carrier is THE BEST and PERFECT, Just saying!!  :)

Of course! This is expected with the concept of a nationwide network connecting millions of people, it's just the fact they're second slowest as of right now, and Sprint is well on the way to overthrow them ;) It's all about our carrier moving up!

• Like 1

AT&T hasn't been consistent around here since I was using a GSM-only Nokia flip phone. Even then, that went wonky around 2008.

The only 10x10 I know of in Chicago is on B17, B4 is 5x5 and I think B2 is as well. Being dumped onto a loaded up 5x5 B4 carrier like that then going a block away and being on 10x10 B17 makes for a roller-coaster-ride experience. Now I think B17 is overloading in some places like where my friend lives, she complained of terrible lag so I talked her through the various engineering screens of her GS3 thinking she was stuck on weak B4 only to see that it was reasonably strong B17 with very low SNR. I then instructed her how to switch the phone down to "4G" and she hasn't complained since.

• Like 1

But AT&T has the strongest LTE network. More bars in more places. I just saw Frank and Charlie on TV last night during the football game. :roflmao:

Watch the comments all be about Sprint, and not AT&T. :lol:

Yeah, I am supper disappoint in the nations strongest network branding. I mean, what does that mean?

• Like 2

Yeah, I am supper disappoint...

Robert knows all too well "supper disappoint."  It makes him a sad panda.  Hungry, too.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

But AT&T has the strongest LTE network.  More bars in more places.  I just saw Frank and Charlie on TV last night during the football game.   :roflmao:

Watch the comments all be about Sprint, and not AT&T.   :lol:

It's even worse... "Strongest LTE Signal". Yes that is all they've got for their new slogan. And a "power" chart. Wow.  :o  http://www.att.com/network/en/index.html

4UNF3KCl.png

• Like 5

There's a flaw in RootMetrics where when I report my signal on my S4 it reports as -120dbm no matter the strength of the LTE signal. I wonder if some of Sprint samples are polluted or other phones reporting - 120 dBm when on LTE on Sprint.

Email them!

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

There's a flaw in RootMetrics where when I report my signal on my S4 it reports as -120dbm no matter the strength of the LTE signal. I wonder if some of Sprint samples are polluted or other phones reporting - 120 dBm when on LTE on Sprint.

It's because it measures your 1x signal which isn't displayed during LTE on triband due to lack dual path radios.

Sent from my LG-LS980

It's because it measures your 1x signal which isn't displayed during LTE on triband due to lack dual path radios.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I figured that, but when Root Metrics reports, it reports it as a LTE signal. I noticed signal strength average in my area is being affected, overall the average is getting weaker.

I figured that, but when Root Metrics reports, it reports it as a LTE signal. I noticed signal strength average in my area is being affected, overall the average is getting weaker.

If you like your LTE signal, and if you like it "strong", look no further! The power chart is all you need to know!   :D

• Like 1

I have the same issue on AT&T with Root Metrics on my Nexus 5.  It's a single transmission path on Sprint, AT&T and Tmo.  So on all their networks when on LTE, it reports incorrectly the voice signal strength.  This will be true on all single path transmission devices, regardless of provider.

You make a good point that all carriers have their ugly spots. As for T-Mobile, they moved up their timetable to have their existing footprint fully converted over from the end of 2015 to the end of the first half of 2015. They are planning to finish expansion to offer native 4G service to 300 million people by the end of 2015 (which puts it at the same level as AT&T and Verizon).

You make a good point that all carriers have their ugly spots. As for T-Mobile, they moved up their timetable to have their existing footprint fully converted over from the end of 2015 to the end of the first half of 2015. They are planning to finish expansion to offer native 4G service to 300 million people by the end of 2015 (which puts it at the same level as AT&T and Verizon).

I'm pretty sure it was always the first half of 2015.

Hmm, you're right. I mis-remembered it. I stand corrected. However, they did add the coverage expansion program in Q3.

Wow I never knew that they were expanding their coverage.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Does sprint have any plans of expanding their footprint past what they already have now?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

As far as we know, the only expansion planned is coverage from the RRPP.

Oh the roaming agreement with the smaller carriers. Will that be considered native coverage or roaming?

Sent from my iPhone 6+