CCA/RRPP live date?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me. Inland Cellular is a CCA partner with Sprint and for the six months when I was in their network area, my phone would say "3G Extended" and it would count against my roaming cap. I understand this. This weekend I was in their area again and now it says "3G Sprint". I was out most weekend and I received the text saying I was over my roaming cap. This is very underhanded to say "Sprint" even though I was roaming and it going against the cap. The sprint rep just said check the area. That is fine unless I am on a fringe area, of which we have many around here. Anyone have any other information on this?

Thanks, Doug

I think this is just an error with their system. As you said, up until recently this showed as roaming and not native coverage. It appears the billing/accounting system hasn't caught up to the fact that inland cellular is no longer roaming.

I drove through James Valley Telecom (JVT/NVC) coverage yesterday in Redfield and Aberdeen, SD. Couldn't find any LTE signals on Sprint bands. JVT does have a long 700MHz looking panel on the towers with an RRU that I've never seen before. Looks kind of like a Huawei EBS/BRS RRU. I didn't take a pic, as I didn't bring my DLR.

The EVDO speeds were manic. It always felt like I was the only one on it. Between 1.6 and 2.6Mbps. Small towns and even large suburban sectors in Aberdeen. Always appeared as Not Roaming on Sprint. SignalCheck Pro always labeled as James Valley.

c17af9abb39f522eb06ad45001a633ab.jpg

681b06fc335a4c35f6c27c271ed13823.jpg

a97f854226e823fbfa32cc3f1d16a951.jpg

• Like 9

Nice speeds for EVDo though the ping could be be better.

It felt pretty snappy. I wonder if I had tried different servers if ping would have been better. I didn't think about it at the time.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

Not sure if this means anything regarding CCA/RRPP, but I noticed this week that the current PRL doesn't show C-Spire (1996, north Mississippi) or SI Wireless (4303, northwest Tennessee) SIDs as roaming connections on my Nexus 6.

It felt pretty snappy. I wonder if I had tried different servers if ping would have been better. I didn't think about it at the time.

The real question is, has Sprint's system caught up yet, to not count that to your roaming cap as others have reported?

The real question is, has Sprint's system caught up yet, to not count that to your roaming cap as others have reported?

My account is not showing my usage as roaming. Pure native experience.

• Like 4

Are changes in roaming not applied per account until the start of new billing cycles?  Should they be?  Could that be the explanation?

AJ

Are changes in roaming not applied per account until the start of new billing cycles? Should they be? Could that be the explanation?

AJ

Roaming usage typically shows up on my account within 48 hours of the time it was used. I have had a few occurrences where it has taken longer on Commnet. But I don't think it has ever been more than 5 days.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Roaming usage typically shows up on my account within 48 hours of the time it was used. I have had a few occurrences where it has taken longer on Commnet. But I don't think it has ever been more than 5 days.

I think he was referring to others having been charged as non-native roaming. It's possible that sprint isn't fixing the newly native coverage until their bills reset.
  • Like 3

I think he was referring to others having been charged as non-native roaming. It's possible that sprint isn't fixing the newly native coverage until their bills reset.

OK, that makes sense now that you say it.

I was roaming on Inland Cellular (north Idaho) and it did not show up as roaming.  Memorial weekend it was showing within an hour when texting usage.  This is really great for our area as Inland Cellular is the only company with coverage in any of our rural areas.

• Like 5

I was roaming on Inland Cellular (north Idaho) and it did not show up as roaming.  Memorial weekend it was showing within an hour when texting usage.  This is really great for our area as Inland Cellular is the only company with coverage in any of our rural areas.

3G (EVDO) or 1x?

OK, that makes sense now that you say it.

Roaming is not my native language, but yes, bretton88 interpreted me correctly.

And to me, it makes sense.  The switch from roaming to pseudo native does not occur until your roaming quota resets with your billing cycle.

AJ

• Like 1

Roaming is not my native language, but yes, bretton88 interpreted me correctly.

And to me, it makes sense.  The switch from roaming to pseudo native does not occur until your roaming quota resets with your billing cycle.

AJ

That was not the case with me. My billing cycle has not reset yet. Part of the month on Inland

Cellular was roaming and part of the month was native.

• Like 1

Last time i was up at my Family's near Doland, SD i used about 800 MB and it was all Native on my bill. its pretty sweet!

• Like 4

That was not the case with me. My billing cycle has not reset yet. Part of the month on Inland

Cellular was roaming and part of the month was native.

Sprint and Inland has some coverage overlap. So you maybe getting Sprint native signal for a while. For example, both have native signal in lewiston.

Sprint and Inland has some coverage overlap. So you maybe getting Sprint native signal for a while. For example, both have native signal in lewiston.

No, this is not the case. I have been in Juliaetta, Orofino and Winchester and have not received any roaming data. All was native in the middle of the billing cycle.

Do you think that Sprint will update their coverage map to show at least the 3G roaming any time soon? Also will it show as Sprint 3G or Off-Network 3G?

There are indeed some 3G roaming on the map. You need to zoom in a lot to see that

• 2 weeks later...