Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

you have to tap the build# in the settings > about to enable the developer options.

This has been the case for a couple years now, i think since android 4.0..

I meant there is nothing about enable OEM unlock in developer options on my nexus 5. I wonder if it has to do with the new feature on the nexus 6 that makes it impossible to use a stolen phone, I forgot what they called it.

I think he means enable usb debugging.

normally you have to enable dev options > usb debugging then approve the device when first connecting via adb.

on a brand new phone, you can boot to bootloader without ever loading the OS, go to fastboot devices (the device won't be authorized), however as long as it shows the device is recognized, you can type fastboot oem unlock, then do it again and it will unlock without having to have previously booted to OS, unlocked dev settings, enabled usb debugging, authorized the device/computer via adb.

before I learned this, I used to boot up the phone and *skip* the google login, enable dev, enable usb, authorize ADB, then reboot-bootloader, then finally fastboot oem unlock

Ambient display I am 100% sure is broken with the 5.1 update. Strange thing is I don't care but it is broken

Not mine. Works 100% of the time for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think he means enable usb debugging.

normally you have to enable dev options > usb debugging then approve the device when first connecting via adb.

on a brand new phone, you can boot to bootloader without ever loading the OS, go to fastboot devices (the device won't be authorized), however as long as it shows the device is recognized, you can type fastboot oem unlock, then do it again and it will unlock without having to have previously booted to OS, unlocked dev settings, enabled usb debugging, authorized the device/computer via adb.

before I learned this, I used to boot up the phone and *skip* the google login, enable dev, enable usb, authorize ADB, then reboot-bootloader, then finally fastboot oem unlock

uploadfromtaptalk1426294528161.png

Not my phone, but it's definitely something new. Friend of mine grabbed that screenshot for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is that new radio really crappy on Sprint?

No its not. Band 25 if anything is stronger. I thought band 26 was weaker and it still may be the case but only by like -2dbm. It switches to band 25 better and only band 26 if needed. Band 26 in Ocala is really congested so I was getting aggravated that I had to stay on it even when it was unusable. Now with the triumphant return of the engineering screen and debug menu I can just disable band 26 if need be but it switches so much better that I don't have too. Also LTE speed tests are faster now too. Did some on the nexus 5 also. But with band 12 now on T-Mobile and volte working like a champ on the nexus 6. I may be considering letting sprint go. $30 T-Mobile plan + volte + band 12 = win. I would be thinking different if band 41 magically showed up though. Voice on this thing is amazing also even better with the update. Gotta love signals like this. 69a7c18526b13b05acfeb1458708cc1d.jpg
  • Like 3

No its not. Band 25 if anything is stronger. I thought band 26 was weaker and it still may be the case but only by like -2dbm. It switches to band 25 better and only band 26 if needed. Band 26 in Ocala is really congested so I was getting aggravated that I had to stay on it even when it was unusable. Now with the triumphant return of the engineering screen and debug menu I can just disable band 26 if need be but it switches so much better that I don't have too. Also LTE speed tests are faster now too. Did some on the nexus 5 also. But with band 12 now on T-Mobile and volte working like a champ on the nexus 6. I may be considering letting sprint go. $30 T-Mobile plan + volte + band 12 = win. I would be thinking different if band 41 magically showed up though. Voice on this thing is amazing also even better with the update. Gotta love signals like this. 69a7c18526b13b05acfeb1458708cc1d.jpg

Thanks for the response. Hopefully the new radio will solve the issue I have in certain areas. Sometimes when connected to LTE my phone hangs at dialing when trying to place a call. Also I miss incoming calls because of this too.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully the new radio will solve the issue I have in certain areas. Sometimes when connected to LTE my phone hangs at dialing when trying to place a call. Also I miss incoming calls because of this too.

Also I promise battery life is just soooooo much better. I went to sleep for 6 hours and it only drained by 1%. I had to do a double take when I seen it. On screen time is vastly improved as well.
  • Like 4

Also I promise battery life is just soooooo much better. I went to sleep for 6 hours and it only drained by 1%. I had to do a double take when I seen it. On screen time is vastly improved as well.

Well I can't wait until I flash 5.1 just waiting for a Dev on XDA to release a stock rooted 5.1 ROM with no force encryption.

Well I can't wait until I flash 5.1 just waiting for a Dev on XDA to release a stock rooted 5.1 ROM with no force encryption.

I can't believe I'm saying this but due to all the processors being on all the time encryption is not a issue. Apps no longer have that delay. I'm surprised. I can't imagine how smooth it will be without it.
  • Like 2

Really? Wonder what's up with mine

i thought it was, but it's not.  your phone is actually locked.  go to security and turn off screen lock.  when you press the power button, the default is to lock the screen.

Ok so I guess I'm gonna have to try and call sprint int he morning to get the code.  because 000000 did not work...  But on a side note I did manage to get 5.1 installed and it is much much speedier running!!!!  I think this is going to work out well.  Robert its time for you to get a Nexus 6!

Kevin

Ok so I guess I'm gonna have to try and call sprint int he morning to get the code. because 000000 did not work... But on a side note I did manage to get 5.1 installed and it is much much speedier running!!!! I think this is going to work out well. Robert its time for you to get a Nexus 6!

Kevin

I skipped the Nexus 6. Too big for my taste. I went with a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition.
  • Like 1

I can't believe I'm saying this but due to all the processors being on all the time encryption is not a issue. Apps no longer have that delay. I'm surprised. I can't imagine how smooth it will be without it.

Just downloaded and installed the rooted decrypted ROM and so far this thing is flying. Everything is much faster and the radio is a few dB's better on signal. Now its time to check out the battery life. [emoji2]
  • Like 1

Just downloaded and installed the rooted decrypted ROM and so far this thing is flying. Everything is much faster and the radio is a few dB's better on signal. Now its time to check out the battery life. [emoji2]

Which Rom in particular are you using?

Stock 5.1 ROM. I'm not really into some of the customizations some of the devs put into their Custom ROMS.

That's fine, but you mentioned rooted and decrypted, did you do it yourself? or did you find a stock rom with these things?

That's fine, but you mentioned rooted and decrypted, did you do it yourself? or did you find a stock rom with these things?

Use Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit. Easiest way to decrypt, root, flash a custom recovery, etc. Pretty much idiot-proofs the entire process but still has a lot of advanced options too, if necessary.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/toolkit-wugs-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-9-8-t2947452

Use Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit. Easiest way to decrypt, root, flash a custom recovery, etc. Pretty much idiot-proofs the entire process but still has a lot of advanced options too, if necessary.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/toolkit-wugs-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-9-8-t2947452

I already am rooted and have a custom recovery, im currently running Chroma rom. 

But was hoping for a simple zip file that I could flash in TWRP, instead changing to stock bootloader.

I already am rooted and have a custom recovery, im currently running Chroma rom.

But was hoping for a simple zip file that I could flash in TWRP, instead changing to stock bootloader.

You shouldn't need to change the bootloader at all. And flashing TWRP back after going stock takes an extra 2 minutes. Still pretty easy and fast if you ask me...

Since I rooted my phone and decrypted with the Nexus root kit. I never take OTA updates I just wait for a dev to create a stock rooted ROM then flash it in TWRP.

Since I rooted my phone and decrypted with the Nexus root kit. I never take OTA updates I just wait for a dev to create a stock rooted ROM then flash it in TWRP.

That was exactly what I wanted to know, do you have a link to the stock rooted rom?