Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

No, its related to Att shipping some devices with 4.4.4  :mad2:

This release has been pretty bad, but the Att release has been especially horrible!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/2mwp6f/just_came_in_from_att_but_its_stuck_in_some_weird/

Failure to launch.  Wake me up when November (or even December) ends...

AJ

• Like 4

Failure to launch. Wake me up when November (or even December) ends...

AJ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=3ulvVNbiB6XGsQTmtYGgCQ&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DjVO8sUrs-Pw&ved=0CB4Q3ywwAA&usg=AFQjCNHyCzurlWzMYzuVBIsL5vv7-9OKtg&sig2=nEQchHKVaWakFonx3gmo_w

How about September?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No, its related to Att shipping some devices with 4.4.4  :mad2:

This release has been pretty bad, but the Att release has been especially horrible!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/2mwp6f/just_came_in_from_att_but_its_stuck_in_some_weird/

No one will admit it, but that is just the Nexus 6 rejecting the AT&T bloatware. Similar to throwing up after you eat something not good. lol

Anyway, Nexus 6 arrived Thursday, but since no one was here at home I got the infamous UPS slip. I was afraid I'll miss the UPS guys Friday since I had an event to go to, but he arrived before I left, so I have it. But Still haven't open up the box since I am still playing with the Note Edge and setting it up the way I want.

Btw, I has a similar issue getting the Note Edge to grab on to a signal on the network after activating it. Had to re-provision it and it worked fine. I have a feeling the Nexus 6 will be the same thing.

.TS

• Like 2

No one will admit it, but that is just the Nexus 6 rejecting the AT&T bloatware. Similar to throwing up after you eat something not good. lol

Anyway, Nexus 6 arrived Thursday, but since no one was here at home I got the infamous UPS slip. I was afraid I'll miss the UPS guys Friday since I had an event to go to, but he arrived before I left, so I have it. But Still haven't open up the box since I am still playing with the Note Edge and setting it up the way I want.

Btw, I has a similar issue getting the Note Edge to grab on to a signal on the network after activating it. Had to re-provision it and it worked fine. I have a feeling the Nexus 6 will be the same thing.

.TS

Can you do a comparison to how the two phones radios operate on network..... Much appreciated.. I saw both today like edge looks scared of the radio performance. Will wait for google to stock a white nexus 6 before I click buy.

Well, aren't you special?  I have not even touched any of my prime rib -- because I have yet to finish my chicken cordon bleu.

AJ

• Like 3

Well, aren't you special?  I have not even touched any of my prime rib -- because I have yet to finish my chicken cordon bleu.

AJ

Don't hate.  :P

Just posted my first impressions of the Note 4 in its user thread. Hope to do the same for the Nexus 6 here in a day or two.

TS

• Like 1

Hey guys so I am wondering if any of you have had an issue with the screen on your Nexus 6?  I got it at 4pm on the 21st.  and it was working fine.  Then went out fully charged for the night.  Was on my way home at 3am, and suddenly the screen goes black.  I think it may have been just a time out, but now the screen will not turn on, and its flickering a little.  I can hear the volume go up and down when i push that button, but thats about it.  

sounds like a defect, i would have it swapped out

Yeah thats what i figured, found a page on the web about it.  There apparently are several others who have gotten the N6 and have had the screen do the same thing...  So now i am debating on if i want to just return it and cut my losses, or wait for another one.  Choices Choices...

So what do you guys think?  think i should just cut my losses and return it get my money back?   Think i should return it and get a different nexus 6?   Or do you think i should return it and try a different phone (I.E. the Note Edge?)

Those are my options, as I am having to drive 45 minutes to the nearest sprint corp. store to get them to take a look at the "paperweight" that one called the the Nexus 6....  

So what do you guys think?  think i should just cut my losses and return it get my money back?   Think i should return it and get a different nexus 6?   Or do you think i should return it and try a different phone (I.E. the Note Edge?)

Those are my options, as I am having to drive 45 minutes to the nearest sprint corp. store to get them to take a look at the "paperweight" that one called the the Nexus 6....  

I would try exchanging it for another Nexus 6. Every handset has manufacturer defects right out of the box, you happened to be one of the unlucky ones.

• Like 1

Oh yeah definitely am. But ive been at the sprint store for 2 hours, and they are taking another hour to diagnose it...

I would try exchanging it for another Nexus 6. Every handset has manufacturer defects right out of the box, you happened to be one of the unlucky ones.

My only gripe so far is the whites are pale when compared to the Nexus 5. My screen when reading news on the news sites looks like a I am reading a vanailla news paper. My Nexus 5 renders web sites in a pure bright white while the Nexus 6 is vanilla. Anyone else notice this.

My only gripe so far is the whites are pale when compared to the Nexus 5. My screen when reading news on the news sites looks like a I am reading a vanailla news paper. My Nexus 5 renders web sites in a pure bright white while the Nexus 6 is vanilla. Anyone else notice this.

I think that's par for the course with AMOLED screens.  Nexus 5's screen is one of the most accurate in color reproduction, but it's an IPS LCD.

Still can't find the N6 in any stores here. They all said that they haven't received any stock at all and don't know when they will. Bummer.

Might just order online this weekend and hope I luck out and get it before thanksgiving.

I'd demand a refund. Then reorder it right as soon as you get your money back. If you want to skip the hassle. That's if they have stock.

Well funny story there...  I did goto a store (45-60 minutes of driving away) because it was the closest to me.  So I get to the store, go back to the repair techs, they say they will help me out, well then they direct me to the front lady to sign in.  So I sign in, not realizing how much of a line there was in front of me.  So then I go and play around on some phones, and 30 minutes passes, so then i go check with the lady, she says well you are number blah, and you have about 38-60 minutes till they will be with you.  So then finally i get called up, and i explain whats going on.  They say we need our tech to diagnose your phone.  I ask how long, he says about an hour to 1 hr 15.  So I say ok, and then he prints off the slip that i had to sign to give them consent to look at the phone, well on the slip it says this repair will cost you 75 bucks.  I ask about it.  He said since you had no insurance on the phone it says that, but since its in the 14 days you dont have to worry about that.  But I persistently ask them to please print me something out that says that because I will not sign the thing that say I owe them 75 bucks without having something that says that fee is null and void.  Well the best the guy could do is one line and initial it since the manager apparently had gone home.  So then I give them the phone, go kill an hour, come back and am told that the phone needs to be swapped out.  I then say alright lets do that and get it over with.  Well then a newer employee starts the process.  Well 15 minutes pass, and she has no idea what to do.  So then she goes and gets a coworker (a 30 something african american woman) with a huge attitude problem.  So she starts working on getting the phones swapped out.  So then she says we are going to keep the box for your new phone and you can take the old box home with you.  I am like well I dont want the old box, as the boxes have the numbers that go with the phones, and she is like well our store requires us to keep the new box but you can have the old one.  I am like well please show me where that is at?  and she is clueless and says well we just do it.  So I am telling her I want the new box, since it goes with my new phone.  She then gets all pissed off and throws the phone at me, luckily I caught it.  She literally threw the phone at me!  I wasn't very happy with this.  She ran out yelling and being all angry, and one of the other employees came over.  I tested out the phone to see if it was activated, and i couldn't get it to call out.  So long story short another 45 minutes went by before the phone was actually able to make calls and was fully activated and that employee got reported for literally throwing the phone at me.  

So of note I did get a chance to finally test out the capabilities of the Nexus 6 after that when i left.  I will say this one is running a little better than the defective one.  I have noticed that for whatever reason on both of the devices they both loved to latch onto Band 26 and hold on to it for dear life.  

Signal on the phone is about 2dbm better than the GS5 on Band 25, about 3 to 5dbm better on B26, a bit worse on Sprint B41 (1 to 5dbm less than the GS5 got on Sprint B41, but about 5dbm better on Clear B41.  I did do some speed tests on the Sprint B41 I found in Jacksonville, and speeds were 41 down and about 14.5 up.  

I am having a bit of an issue with getting back onto LTE after dropping down to 3G.  Not sure if it was just the area or if there possibly is an issue there.

I do enjoy how fast the phone is at virtually everything, and just found out that it flip flops itself, so if you are a lefty it can be made into a lefty phone, or a righty.  So that is pretty neat.  The battery charge is pretty nifty getting to full.  Pretty quick with the N6 charger.  

Bluetooth performance is quite a bit better, am able to nearly instantly connect to my Uconnect in my car, as well as my Samsung sound bar in my home.  

Video playback is also very good!

Wifi works excellently!  

Signalcheck has no issues that i have noticed, and I did notice that even though signal was a bit less on some LTE, there were more neighboring cells that showed up!  Also one more thing with signal.  The Nexus 6 does not like to connect to Clear B41, My galaxy S5 was connecting back and forth between Clear B41 and Band 26 while the N6 was staying connect to B25/26.  

The Google Play Store loads much much quicker now compared to on Android 4.4.x

I do like that they incorporated a flashlight app into the OS, not sure if the N5 had one built in, because I have been a Samsung person for a bit.  But the dual LED's are pretty nice.  Camera performance isn't bad.  I do not know if i like the camera app that Google uses, but I guess It will take time to get use to.  

I nearly did get the Note Edge...  If it were not such a pain in the butt to get a different phone vice a 1 for 1 swap i probably would of walked out with the Note Edge.  I played around with all the phones in their store while there waiting.  The Note edge did perform a bit better on signal strength.  It was about 4Dbm better on Band 25 than the Nexus 6 was that they had on display.  I do not know how it performs on B26/B41 as those were not avail in the store.  

One thing I did notice on the Note edge was the ability to select band priority.  Is this going to be on the GS5 when Android 5 comes out?  Is there a way on the Nexus 6 to adjust Band priority?  Would be neat if I could prioritize B41 over B25/26. 

Anywho hope everyone has a great night and just keep an eye out for the screen issue.

• Like 3

Still can't find the N6 in any stores here. They all said that they haven't received any stock at all and don't know when they will. Bummer.

Might just order online this weekend and hope I luck out and get it before thanksgiving.

Are you going to a corporate store, or one thats operated by someone else?  Because the corporate stores here in Jacksonville area had them in stock.

Are you going to a corporate store, or one thats operated by someone else? Because the corporate stores here in Jacksonville area had them in stock.

Tried both types here in the Madison, WI area. We only have one corporate store left. They had a display set up, but without a phone still.