Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

How about 5X & Moto X pure?

The 5X should have CA as well, I think the modem is the same as the 6P. The Moto X Pure I think is the previous generation (like the Nexus 6). If it has the Snapdragon 805 then it doesn't have B41 CA.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

The 5X should have CA as well, I think the modem is the same as the 6P. The Moto X Pure I think is the previous generation (like the Nexus 6). If it has the Snapdragon 805 then it doesn't have B41 CA.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

The Pure is the current generation, and should have CA, although due to the lacking engineering screen, we have not been able to confirm that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Snapdragon™ 808  is pure edition same as 5X

Not to mention the finger print scanner is awesome on the 6p. I would assume the same on the 5x but haven't used it personally. 

I always wanted to lock my phone but would be too impatient putting the pattern. With the 6p I can have it locked and unlock it seamlessly.

• 1 month later...

I'm running the N Preview build on my phone. 2 things I noticed immediately are that my phone is picking up Band 25 now which is something it never did. Also SignalCheck Pro is working better than ever.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm running the N Preview build on my phone. 2 things I noticed immediately are that my phone is picking up Band 25 now which is something it never did. Also SignalCheck Pro is working better than ever.

If you notice any bugs, please let us know. I got a little gun shy after the marshmallow preview build proved very buggy.
  • Like 1

If you notice any bugs, please let us know. I got a little gun shy after the marshmallow preview build proved very buggy.

Only thing I've noticed so far is the Photos app force closing occasionally and Instagram popping up with a message about not being able to access so libraries but the app is still 100% functional as far as I can tell.

Also the multiwindow feature is absolutely awesome and worked with pretty much every app combo I could think of.

I can keep you guys posted though.

• Like 1

Guess that means all the bugs are Android's fault, not mine! ;) Does SCP work ok with the new splitscreen features? I thought I needed to add some code based on the early articles I read today, but it's not entirely clear.

-Mike

• Like 3

Guess that means all the bugs are Android's fault, not mine! ;) Does SCP work ok with the new splitscreen features? I thought I needed to add some code based on the early articles I read today, but it's not entirely clear.

-Mike

It works perfectly!

Q3ilAs5.png?1

• Like 3

It works perfectly!

Q3ilAs5.png?1

They only issue is many will have to wait months for it or never get it at all, thus they will still be suffering as SCP currently stands.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Okay I know not many people like big phones... But I love the 6" form factor, I just love the screen size. I have yearly upgrades and actually thinking about not upgrading because everything is smaller, and I don't want my upgrade to feel like a downgrade, so I'm just wondering how many out there feel the same, and if you could upgrade now, would you upgrade to any phones Sprint offers at this point?

Note 6 edge is suppose to be 6" and if the 2016 Nexus is 5.2 and 5.5 only I will buy the Note 6....ADios Nexus....I love the software upgrades but inconsistent design and a smaller size is driving me nuts. The N6P should have had a better screen as far as outside viewing brightness.....I can't see a damn thing in the sunlight.

I love the size, and if the Note 6 is truly going to be 6" and the Nexus will not....I'' bite the bullet.

I seem to possibly have bugs on a locked N6 with the OTA N preview....I can't  seem to get 3 g signal bars although it shows connected to 3g, and it seems to drop from LTE to 3g more frequently.  I seem to have issues sending picture texts, and some apps are laggy or fail to load properly. Pictures that are stored on the device don't display properly as well.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt I'll get a quick answer here. I might have to wait till morning to goto the sprint store. 

I noticed today for whatever reason I lost connection to data. I still can make and recieve phonecalls, but a reboot, a reflash, doesn't seem to fix it. I even swapped out the sim cards from another nexus 6 [wife cracked her screen]

It's weird. Any other options I can try?

Thanks that wasn't it but I apparently didn't swap my sim card correctly. Chat support fixed it. They even were curious with the old sim card. Re swapped it after I got it working. It was indeed a bad sim card. Idk if they can die but it did.

I was sweating bullets. I would have had to upgrade sooner than I wanted to

I did this too and I was completely stock with a stock recovery and locked bootloader and no way to get into the system because of the bootloop.

But there is a way to fix it without unlocking the bootloader and losing your data; adb sideload an OTA from recovery. The OTA has to include a radio.

I was on the latest Android M release and I thought I might have to wait until Google released another update with a radio included, but thankfully I found a signed zip for Android N beta version and it got me back into the system with all my data intact.

just a warning that i set b26 and b41 to 0 (disabled) and left b25 at 1.

after reboot my phone was bricked, wouldn't boot up.

had to do a reformat to get it up an running again.  not a big deal for me, but would be for many others...

I did the same thing to mine. It bricks if you set the priorities but if you just choose what band to turn on or off then its fine.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to get B12 enabled for LTE roaming without bricking this phone? Last I remember reading on this it was not possible, but that's been a while. I'll be going into a RRPP area (Bluegrass Cellular) this week, and wanted to search for it.

Has anyone been able to get B12 enabled for LTE roaming without bricking this phone? Last I remember reading on this it was not possible, but that's been a while. I'll be going into a RRPP area (Bluegrass Cellular) this week, and wanted to search for it.

Couldn't find much on this, so I went ahead an enabled B12 and rebooted. All seems fine so far. Last time I looked into this users were reporting boot loop upon enabling B12. 

mUHqwetl.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So did the phone get skipped for Android 7.0? 

If it helps you feel any better, Google hasn't posted the 7.0 images for the N6P. They are posted for the Pixel C, N5X, Nexus Player, and the Nexus 9 (wifi).

I'm currently running 7.0 on my N6P through the beta update...

If it helps you feel any better, Google hasn't posted the 7.0 images for the N6P. They are posted for the Pixel C, N5X, Nexus Player, and the Nexus 9 (wifi).

I'm currently running 7.0 on my N6P through the beta update...

As I am :[ I just want it to be official lol. 

I hope the rumors aren't true that Google is giving up on the nexus line. I love stock android, and quick updates

As I am :[ I just want it to be official lol. 

I hope the rumors aren't true that Google is giving up on the nexus line. I love stock android, and quick updates

I'm okay with it if they go in the same direction as the pixel c. I'm personally bummed that HTC is making this year's devices...

• 6 months later...

Any issues bringing this up to Android 7?

Better experience with radio info and signal mapping applications?

Anything else?

Radio has gotten much better with hanging on to Band 41. Overall still the same great device.
  • Like 1