Sprint offering unlimited minutes to customers on older plans

nahum365

Being on ED1500 and having unlimited any mobile any time, we barely use any minutes. With 4 people on the plan we barely ever go over 700 minutes. Unlimited minutes is nice but doesn't really matter for us.

Yeah, I dont think Ive ever gotten anywhere close to the limit, but no harm in removing the limit, just in case

• Like 1

So basically this is just adding onto our unlimited texts/data if we have the 1500 minute plan right?

Well, yeah, it's a nice gesture. But I don't think anyone is really going to get any value out of this promotion. It's just a "feel-good" promo for existing customers.

I don't think there are many of us left going, "Damn! I ran out of minutes!"

• Like 4

Has anyone tried to call Sprint to get this applied? Just wondering if it's "live" yet. I have the ED1500 family plan. I go nowhere near the limit but I would put it on my account just to make it completely unlimited. 

Has anyone tried to call Sprint to get this applied? Just wondering if it's "live" yet. I have the ED1500 family plan. I go nowhere near the limit but I would put it on my account just to make it completely unlimited.

I'm on the same plan and was easy.
  • Like 1

Well, yeah, it's a nice gesture. But I don't think anyone is really going to get any value out of this promotion. It's just a "feel-good" promo for existing customers.

I don't think there are many of us left going, "Damn! I ran out of minutes!"

Prolly not many, but there are those of us who are always on the phone for work, school, etc that do use up minutes.  Especially when your child is 3000 miles away and skype is unreliable, talking on the phone becomes the only option.  So hopefully this is legit and they do apply this to everyones plans that are able.

darickster09, on 19 Nov 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Prolly not many, but there are those of us who are always on the phone for work, school, etc that do use up minutes. Especially when your child is 3000 miles away and skype is unreliable, talking on the phone becomes the only option. So hopefully this is legit and they do apply this to everyones plans that are able.

But is your child on a landline? That is the only way we are capable of actually using minutes - doesn't every plan have unlimited mobile-to-mobile? (Regardless of network)
  • Like 1

I just tried to call Sprint. The lady I spoke with knew of no such promotion to get unlimited minutes on the ED plan. She tried to switch me to the data share plan. I quickly said no to that. Anyone who was successful in getting the unlimited minutes have any ideas?

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

I just tried to call Sprint. The lady I spoke with knew of no such promotion to get unlimited minutes on the ED plan. She tried to switch me to the data share plan. I quickly said no to that. Anyone who was successful in getting the unlimited minutes have any ideas?

Sent from my Note 4.

I'm just going to wait out the link in the OP.  I put my information in there already.  We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Question. I have a friend who is on his own 450 ED plan. If he joins my 1500 plan (which is now unlimited thanks to the promotion), will we all get free service for a year? As in (5 lines of service for free?)

I read it as you must add a new line of service.

Sent from my Note 4.

I read it as you must add a new line of service.

Sent from my Note 4.

Damn. I didn't know if a new line was the same thing as him transferring over to my plan...or if that is even possible lol.

So I'm right to assume that if I add another person our ED plan, we all get free service for a year. That's amazing lol

• Like 1

Damn. I didn't know if a new line was the same thing as him transferring over to my plan...or if that is even possible lol.

So I'm right to assume that if I add another person our ED plan, we all get free service for a year. That's amazing lol

Just the new line gets free service for a year, not all lines on the plan.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 3

Just the new line gets free service for a year, not all lines on the plan.

Sent from my Note 4.

Thank you for the clarification. I was going to say that I am just going to add a new line under myself LOL! Still, a great deal. Not much benefit of free service for the existing customers considering the new line gets the free service...but still good deals.

It would had been better if they discounted the plan by 20% or so when adding a new line that way EVERYONE benefits from it, especially the long term loyal customers. The unlimited minutes is a nice touch, and the phone deal as well. Keep it up sprint!