Newest Sprint Zone

Ascertion

• 1 month later...

How isn't this new version still not available for iOS

The IOS version is getting special features lol [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found this, downloaded and installed on my Nexus 6 and it seems to be working fine, fyi.

Did it let you Log In to your account, from the app itself?

• 1 year later...

It works with the Nexus 5 if you manually override your device and account info. You will need root.

Open this file:

/data/data/com.sprint.zone/shared_preferences/com.sprint.zone_preferences.xml

Add the following lines with the correct values:

<string name="funnyPref1">%NAI%</string>
<string name="funnyPref2">%MEID-HEX%</string>
<string name="funnyPref3">%RESELLER-ID%</string>
<string name="funnyPref4">%MSID%</string>
<string name="funnyPref5">%PRL-VERSION%</string>
<string name="funnyPref6">%MDN%</string>
<string name="funnyPref7">%MAKE%</string>
<string name="funnyPref8">%MODEL%</string>

Mine looked similar to this when I was done (real info masked):

<string name="funnyPref1">myname00@sprintpcs.com</string>
<string name="funnyPref2">0123456789ABCD</string>
<string name="funnyPref3">Sprint</string>
<string name="funnyPref4">5045551212</string>
<string name="funnyPref5">55021</string>
<string name="funnyPref6">5045551212</string>
<string name="funnyPref7">LG</string>
<string name="funnyPref8">Nexus 5</string>

I found about these settings last year by reverse-engineering an older version of the app when it didn't work out-of-the-box on my Nexus S. They seem to exist for debugging purposes and will override the (not) detected values.

Sorry to revive an old topic... Do we know if this still works? I installed the .apk (and it updated) and modified the prefs file as specified, but I can't log into my account. Error received reads "Exception: java.lang.Exception - mdn is a required parameter". This is on the latest 6.0.1 Android build, but I had the same problem on earlier builds. I have double checked to make sure the values in the prefs are correct several times.

Also the "Fun & Games" isn't working and I can't update that via Play, "Your device is not compatible with this version". This is no big deal to me just curious if it works for anyone? I'm using a 2013 Nexus 5, and have never been able to get either of these Sprint apps fully working.