Anyone else kind of disappointed with Sprint's phone lineup 2h 2014?

Ascertion

Sony disagrees ???? http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201409/14-080E/

Sony describes them as flagships.

I understand your perception of it. But Sony has never separated the devices. They are both flagship in their eyes. That is how they were launched at IFA, that is how they sell them on their site. It is only a US perception that they are not on level footing. Elsewhere that they are sold they are generally shown on the same level. At least that has been my perception.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can you walk into any of the Big 3 and buy a compact?

That's a different conversation.

It's all tied together buddy. ???? Again, the compact is really really cool and may be the better overall value, but it's not the main flagship, no matter when Sony decided to announce/release it.

Can you walk into any of the Big 3 and buy a compact?

Which of the big 3 can you buy the Z2 at? By that logic, the Z2 wasn't Sony's flagship device. The world is bigger than the US.

Which of the big 3 can you buy the Z2 at? By that logic, the Z2 wasn't Sony's flagship device. The world is bigger than the US.

Now you're scrapping the barrel for your argument now.

Now you're scrapping the barrel for your argument now.

I was continuing your logic of the Z3 compact not being available means it is not a flagship. You just keep moving the goalposts.

First the flagship gets it own event. They were released at the same event simultaneously.

Then they have less features. They have the same features.

That being said, we obviously differ on this discussion. That is OK. Discussions are always a good thing.

• Like 1

I was continuing your logic of the Z3 compact not being available means it is not a flagship. You just keep moving the goalposts.

First the flagship gets it own event. They were released at the same event simultaneously.

Then they have less features. They have the same features.

That being said, we obviously differ on this discussion. That is OK. Discussions are always a good thing.

iPhone 6+ isn't the flagship device. Released/Announced same as iPhone 6.

Z3 and Z3 Compact don't have same features. Z3 is built with better products and 1080p screen amongst others.

If only one device is coming to the U.S. and being promoted by a manufacturer that's their Flagship.

Better response?

iPhone 6+ isn't the flagship device. Released/Announced same as iPhone 6.

Z3 and Z3 Compact don't have same features. Z3 is built with better products and 1080p screen amongst others.

If only one device is coming to the U.S. and being promoted by a manufacturer that's their Flagship.

Better response?

No.

Well I don't know what you want to hear then.

I don't want to hear anything. I disagree with your perception. I am OK with that. I am not someone that needs to win the Internet. You have posted your view on it, I respectfully disagree. I just don't feel the need to go back and forth further. The thread gains nothing by both of us posting the same disagreement repeatedly.

• Like 2

I don't want to hear anything. I disagree with your perception. I am OK with that. I am not someone that needs to win the Internet. You have posted your view on it, I respectfully disagree. I just don't feel the need to go back and forth further. The thread gains nothing by both of us posting the same disagreement repeatedly.

Agreed.
  • Like 2

I actually agree with the OP and glad he posted it. heres my statment from another site about it...

its really  a smack in the face that motorola decided to stick with giving the moto x play, the moto x 2nd edition, and the droid turbo to verizon. i mean... look... its great that they are giving sprint the nexus 6 but its really annoying that the nexus 5 was very defective for me to the point that google refunded me, and i dont have a backup phone besides a treo pro and a blackberry tour in miami. even there was an article that sprint was bring the xperia z3, but i have yet to see it and its already on verizon. 

i am really hoping that this is one of those moments where verizon bought a 90 day exclusive or something but still this shouldnt be allowed.

the nexus 6 is way to big for my taste... and i wont rebuy a nexus 5. then sprint is upcharging insanely for upgrades while giving for example the M8 H/K edition for free but upgrades is 230 dollars.

the point for me is that Sprint ugrades are an embarrassment to recommend a company that considers new customers elite over existing customers (especially myself a customer for 10 years).

the phone selection are abysmal compared to verizon. they have the phone i want to buy, the droid turbo or the Z3. but i have a sero plan and wont leave that plan

I actually agree with the OP and glad he posted it. heres my statment from another site about it...

its really a smack in the face that motorola decided to stick with giving the moto x play, the moto x 2nd edition, and the droid turbo to verizon. i mean... look... its great that they are giving sprint the nexus 6 but its really annoying that the nexus 5 was very defective for me to the point that google refunded me, and i dont have a backup phone besides a treo pro and a blackberry tour in miami. even there was an article that sprint was bring the xperia z3, but i have yet to see it and its already on verizon.

i am really hoping that this is one of those moments where verizon bought a 90 day exclusive or something but still this shouldnt be allowed.

the nexus 6 is way to big for my taste... and i wont rebuy a nexus 5. then sprint is upcharging insanely for upgrades while giving for example the M8 H/K edition for free but upgrades is 230 dollars.

the point for me is that Sprint ugrades are an embarrassment to recommend a company that considers new customers elite over existing customers (especially myself a customer for 10 years).

the phone selection are abysmal compared to verizon. they have the phone i want to buy, the droid turbo or the Z3. but i have a sero plan and wont leave that plan

No one knows what Droid devices are except Verizon customers. And I don't know anyone who really knows what the Moto X and Z3 are except for tech dweebs. Embarrassed to recommend Sprint because they don't carry Droid devices or the Z3? Sheesh.

Sprint will not be all things to all people. And if they carry every device now, then they won't be able to carry anyone's devices in the future. Because they would spread sales too thin among too few customers and OEM's will not want to work with Sprint in the future. Sprint has no choice but to be selective.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

No one knows what Droid devices are except Verizon customers. And I don't know anyone who really knows what the Moto X and Z3 are except for tech dweebs. Embarrassed to recommend Sprint because they don't carry Droid devices or the Z3? Sheesh.

Sprint will not be all things to all people. And if they carry every device now, then they won't be able to carry anyone's devices in the future. Because they would spread sales too thin among too few customers and OEM's will not want to work with Sprint in the future. Sprint has no choice but to be selective.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

well i find it terrible that the phone i wanted to upgrade to isnt available but i guess ill buy a phone to hold me over. how do you like the crystal

• Like 1

well i find it terrible that the phone i wanted to upgrade to isnt available but i guess ill buy a phone to hold me over. how do you like the crystal

It's as good as a budget phone can be.  It feels better than a budget phone.  But it's definitely not a flagship phone.  The display quality is really good for being a 720p resolution.  I could use it as a daily driver, though.  And not really feel like I was missing much.  That's how far specs have come for midrange devices now.  My biggest complaint of all is the camera.  It is pretty bad.  About on par with the OG Evo from 2010.

• Like 1

It's as good as a budget phone can be.  It feels better than a budget phone.  But it's definitely not a flagship phone.  The display quality is really good for being a 720p resolution.  I could use it as a daily driver, though.  And not really feel like I was missing much.  That's how far specs have come for midrange devices now.  My biggest complaint of all is the camera.  It is pretty bad.  About on par with the OG Evo from 2010.

the evo was actually a phone that i got amazing photos from  (this is not me on the photo)IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0453%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

but yeah i got your point.... i would also get a nexus 5 again but i feel theres a second release we dont know yet

• Like 1

the evo was actually a phone that i got amazing photos from  (this is not me on the photo) 

but yeah i got your point.... i would also get a nexus 5 again but i feel theres a second release we dont know yet

On second thought, it's not as good as the OG EVO, then.  The same photo would be less vibrant, and more grayed on the AQUOS Crystal.

i actually have it... the screen is amazing, battery lasts with screen on, data is fast, and camera is better at night than the day (as seen below). the screen comparison is a galaxy nexus vs a sharp aquos both of which are 720p screens. the color on the sharp is much more vibrant and rich than the nexus

post-1655-0-47531900-1414460746_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-19815400-1414460748_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-13770500-1414460749_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-85573600-1414460749_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-80271300-1414460750_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-79030900-1414460751_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-81931900-1414460752_thumb.jpgpost-1655-0-49725300-1414460753_thumb.pngpost-1655-0-51809900-1414460754_thumb.pngpost-1655-0-04575700-1414461036_thumb.jpg

Sprint absolutely missed out on some of the phones from this fall.

Xperia

Droid Turbo

Galaxy Alpha (lame specs though)

Moto X

Hoping something that comes out this spring will be worth the jump.

If they released a phone with the Turbo specs, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my LG-LS980