Karma Go

MarshieZ

Original post has been updated with the new plan & information.  :)

This new $50 plan is perfect for those who could only get service from Clearwire before.

Correct and I think this will be a very good solution for a mobile office. I hate to sign a long term contract with the Cable company and speed is not too important for emails and attachment but I am doing more than 5GB. I used to run about 30GB on Clear, most usage during the night when we get data from the remote sites for processing.

I mentioned neverstop in another forum and immediately started getting flack. For example comments were made that it could not possibly be unlimited and was only a matter of time before they started to throttle people @ 128kbs after an arbritray amount of high speed data was used. I wrote to karma asking, and they said it would never be throttled, but then i asked what if a person used 30gb a month, and haven't gotten a reply back on that question.

on a side note, does karma only use sprint native coverage? I'm assuining yes, but want to make sure

I mentioned neverstop in another forum and immediately started getting flack. For example comments were made that it could not possibly be unlimited and was only a matter of time before they started to throttle people @ 128kbs after an arbritray amount of high speed data was used. I wrote to karma asking, and they said it would never be throttled, but then i asked what if a person used 30gb a month, and haven't gotten a reply back on that question.

on a side note, does karma only use sprint native coverage? I'm assuining yes, but want to make sure

Tbh, I'm quite surprised that they were able to do this without implementing a cap. However as we see more and more Sprint native markets hitting 100+ Mbps, I think the cap of 5 Mbps speed cap will allow it to happen. If someone does use more than 30 GB's it won't have that much of an impact as if they were to do that on a non-speed capped plan. I may not know everything in this industry, but I can confidently say that this plan is a great "middle-road" for people. It allows unlimited data to stay without everyone getting their shorts in a bunch. Especially for past Clear customers or folks who have crap for DSL and are light users (especially AT&T DSL <_<) this is an awesome deal/plan.   

And yes, I'm 99% sure Karma can't access roaming like most other pre-paid services. Which in this case is probably a good thing especially with Neverstop. People could rack up a very costly roaming bill! 

But with NGN coming, more and more LTE and B41 being turned on and the Karma having a good antenna and RF performance (compared to my LG G3) I thankfully have always had some type of connection. 

I'm assuming it won't be long before Sprint themselves start offering something similar.

Sounds like a cable companies packages, but wireless..

Maybe Sprint is stepping into the WISP game a bit?

it's great for Condos and Apartments and rentals

I'm assuming it won't be long before Sprint themselves start offering something similar.

Sounds like a cable companies packages, but wireless..

Maybe Sprint is stepping into the WISP game a bit?

it's great for Condos and Apartments and rentals

There are rumors about it - and I would love it if they were able to - but they'd need to make sure they implement a similar speed cap. Also if you notice in Karma's blog, one account can only have a maximum of 3 devices running. Which makes it so a whole household can't be using it under one account. Could Sprint do something like this? Probably, but like everything, people would go berserk because "it's not fair"...

Pair a similar service like the Karma, but through Sprint and the Netgear Zing Hotspot or Router? It'd be another big one for Sprint, because I (and correct me if I'm wrong) don't believe any of the other 3 have something available, and if they do, it's a fixed solution or data bucket plan that costs an ungodly amount of money!

IMO, I have a 50/50 split opinion on them getting into the WISP game. They need to focus on what they are doing currently, they don't have the extra money to go nuts-o with getting into WISP. However, I feel as if they could move forward with what they were trialing with Dish (see here) and could get this deployed in well-performing Spark cities, I think this would give MANY internet services a run for their money. BUT, it would need to be properly executed so a.) it doesn't bog the network and b.) cost them an arm and leg to get it to be a quality service. If the price is right and they were to deploy it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

There are rumors about it - and I would love it if they were able to - but they'd need to make sure they implement a similar speed cap. Also if you notice in Karma's blog, one account can only have a maximum of 3 devices running. Which makes it so a whole household can't be using it under one account. Could Sprint do something like this? Probably, but like everything, people would go berserk because "it's not fair"...

Pair a similar service like the Karma, but through Sprint and the Netgear Zing Hotspot or Router? It'd be another big one for Sprint, because I (and correct me if I'm wrong) don't believe any of the other 3 have something available, and if they do, it's a fixed solution or data bucket plan that costs an ungodly amount of money!

IMO, I have a 50/50 split opinion on them getting into the WISP game. They need to focus on what they are doing currently, they don't have the extra money to go nuts-o with getting into WISP. However, I feel as if they could move forward with what they were trialing with Dish (see here) and could get this deployed in well-performing Spark cities, I think this would give MANY internet services a run for their money. BUT, it would need to be properly executed so a.) it doesn't bog the network and b.) cost them an arm and leg to get it to be a quality service. If the price is right and they were to deploy it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm almost positive Sprint is going into the WISP business, let NGN begin densify the Fu*k with Band 41.

Run ads and push as hard as the 'All-In commercial', people will start to see Sprint is a killer.. People will migrate their phones to Sprint and people with DSL/Stuck with Satellite will migrate to Sprint in a heartbeat!

Word of mouth will spread like fire about Sprint, a full turnaround could happen.

My guess it's being tested on Karma before it comes to Sprint, There's no way Karma would launch something without having discussions with their partner network Sprint.

Softbank (Son) looks like they do something already Similar in Japan, Who says Son can't apply what he did in Japan to the US?

http://www.softbank.jp/ybb/air/

Even the Pink jesus carrier can't compete with karma's pricing

50$ at T-Mobile gets me 7GB, While $50 to Karma gets Unlimited at 5Mbps capped, Faster than DSL.. Definitely better than Satellite. Definitely better than Verizon's, AT&T's and T-Mobile's offerings for mobile hotspot

3c48a51f6a.png

• Like 1

I was wondering if we can use this hot spot with Wi-Fi extender at home, leaving karma close to a window accessible to band 41 all the time and connect to more devices than 3 (extender acting as access point ).

I am thinking that a good IT person or half a technician will be able to put more than 3 devices on Karma.  Connect some type of router or wi-fi repeater/extender  after you establish the primary Internet connection on Karma.  Maybe they have some way of detecting more than 3 devices, but I would think you could isolate them somehow that Karma could not see what was using the data.

Even the Pink jesus carrier can't compete with karma's pricing

50$ at T-Mobile gets me 7GB, While $50 to Karma gets Unlimited at 5Mbps capped, Faster than DSL.. Definitely better than Satellite. Definitely better than Verizon's, AT&T's and T-Mobile's offerings for mobile hotspot

3c48a51f6a.png

Plus... you have to consider coverage too. In my neck of the woods, T-Mobile is humorous to a lot of people here because it's non-existent. Having this be a tri-band device ensures you can get optimal coverage. The bad side to that, if you hit overloaded B26, it's going to hurt.

C'mon plaster of B41! 

I was wondering if we can use this hot spot with Wi-Fi extender at home, leaving karma close to a window accessible to band 41 all the time and connect to more devices than 3 (extender acting as access point ).

I am thinking that a good IT person or half a technician will be able to put more than 3 devices on Karma.  Connect some type of router or wi-fi repeater/extender  after you establish the primary Internet connection on Karma.  Maybe they have some way of detecting more than 3 devices, but I would think you could isolate them somehow that Karma could not see what was using the data.

Oh yes, and even I have done it already. I have a Cradlepoint MBR95 router that I can use. All you do is make sure you first connect through the Karma first with a laptop or desktop, then put the MBR95 in "WiFi as Wan" mode and then do just as you said. Using the Karma as your internet source and then re-broadcasting it through the router.

I've done this when I need better WiFi coverage when my Karma can't. It's definitely possible!

Oh yes, and even I have done it already. I have a Cradlepoint MBR95 router that I can use. All you do is make sure you first connect through the Karma first with a laptop or desktop, then put the MBR95 in "WiFi as Wan" mode and then do just as you said. Using the Karma as your internet source and then re-broadcasting it through the router.

I've done this when I need better WiFi coverage when my Karma can't. It's definitely possible!

Edit; Didn't see the second part, But come on guys are we really going to kill something good just so you can use more than 3 devices?

Edit; Didn't see the second part, But come on guys are we really going to kill something good just so you can use more than 3 devices?

I personally was not suggesting that it SHOULD be done. HOWEVER, I was suggesting that somehow it COULD be done and therefore it WOULD be done.

I personally was not suggesting that it SHOULD be done. HOWEVER, I was suggesting that somehow it COULD be done and therefore it WOULD be done.

Yes, but that's exactly my point... I was able to do that the one time I needed too way too easily. I mainly wanted to see just how easy it was, and any average joe could set it up. Now if someone who WERE to abuse this, do you see how easy it is to do? A large family could use an access point and be pulling LOADS of data through 1 account.

If Sprint were to do this, and they were to something with a limit, they need to firewall it so it would fail when someone tries to do it.

I never said either that you should do it and I tried it more just to see IF I could do it. But again, with the actual true abusers out there, why did they not make it harder? 

It's a great idea and a great plan, but I hope they fully thought it out...

I didn't notice the reduced the # of devices for the neverstop plan, I had just assumed it was 8 like other plan.

Does anyone yet know how this works?

Cause I have way more than 3 devices that will be connecting at different times/places, and I'm not looking forward to having to manage that kind of bs.

I didn't notice the reduced the # of devices for the neverstop plan, I had just assumed it was 8 like other plan.

Does anyone yet know how this works?

Cause I have way more than 3 devices that will be connecting at different times/places, and I'm not looking forward to having to manage that kind of bs.

From what I read, when you try to connect the 4th device it will give you some sort of notice where it will force you to "sign out" of one of your other devices before you can connect. 

The blog post is kinda vague about it. I'm going to be looking for reviews to see if anyone goes through it.

This almost reminds me when Clear brought out the iSpot. You could only connect iOS devices on it at the time. They used a range of MAC addresses to authenticate the devices. However, later iPhones had the MAC address range change significantly, making it necessary for those who still had an iSpot to "jailbreak" it. I did it long before that happened because that was my primary internet in many places that Clear had a strong WiMAX presence.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

I would like to see the FCC certification #'s for this guy. Such as the test results for the antenna strength.

The OET search page looks to require some FCCID digits Info I do not have since I am not in possession of one of these. Could one of you that has this be kind enough to provide the numbers or try the search so we have something? Would probably go nicely in the first post as well. Thanks and have a great night everyone.

http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Maybe Josh has something on this but I was unable to find anything, sorry if I missed it.

I would like to see the FCC certification #'s for this guy. Such as the test results for the antenna strength.

The OET search page looks to require some FCCID digits Info I do not have since I am not in possession of one of these. Could one of you that has this be kind enough to provide the numbers or try the search so we have something? Would probably go nicely in the first post as well. Thanks and have a great night everyone.

http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Maybe Josh has something on this but I was unable to find anything, sorry if I missed it.

So I dug in my paper work for my Karma and found the code... however when I entered it in, I got no results.

I would LOVE to know the antenna strength on this thing. Now that we have a game changer of a plan - and people around me know I have one - I've been getting asked tons of questions about it!

But my favorite question to answer is "What network is it on?" and to answer with Sprint still impresses all the Verizon and AT&T people around here. I love it!  :D

So I dug in my paper work for my Karma and found the code... however when I entered it in, I got no results.

I would LOVE to know the antenna strength on this thing. Now that we have a game changer of a plan - and people around me know I have one - I've been getting asked tons of questions about it!

But my favorite question to answer is "What network is it on?" and to answer with Sprint still impresses all the Verizon and AT&T people around here. I love it! :D

Please post the fcc id so I can look it up. Thanks.

Please post the fcc id so I can look it up. Thanks.

FCC ID: P46-MXL655

Let me know if you need any other info on it and I'll try to find it for you.

• Like 2

Got my Karma Go! YAY This bad boy is AWESOME.. I've just upgraded to NeverStop!

Sprint Spark capable too! 

In a couple weeks I'd love to hear your review of it! Glad you are liking it so far  :)