Verizon, T-Mobile spending consistently capex, while-AT&T, Sprint hit bumps

dkyeager

This article is so poor on research that it should have not been published.  Unnamed sources?  Jeffries probably quoted a Verizon source on behalf of Sprint.

We know that Sprint is spending the resources to get the equipment up and running. Getting the equipment, manpower and other items to make this happen in areas is the issue.   

Well you can't spend the money if the vendors (Nokia Networks & Alcatel-Lucent) does not have the equipment to sell (equipment shortages).  

--Also do not just post a link to the article and copy the title. Put some some of your own thoughts and words to start a discussion.  

• Like 4

What was the issue with technical issues on the new 8T8R radios? The article claimed that Sprint had some issues.

Not so much technical than sourcing equipment.  China has been a major player in sourcing and using the same equipment as Sprint.

Well you can't spend the money if the vendors (Nokia Networks & Alcatel-Lucent) does not have the equipment to sell (equipment shortages).  

--Also do not just post a link to the article and copy the title. Put some some of your own thoughts and words to start a discussion.  

I thought these equipment shortages were no more? Or at least not as bad as before... The maps that we have seen with the schedules show the exact opposite of this...

I thought these equipment shortages were no more? Or at least not as bad as before... The maps that we have seen with the schedules show the exact opposite of this...

Before you had no equipment at all.

Now you get a shipment every once in a while that has to be sent to sites that absolutely needs it the most. 

The Samsung markets are bustling with activity because they don't have the massive contracts that ALU and NSN have for China Mobile and have free space in their manufacturing facilities to make the radios. 

There's a reason Nokia only has a few hundred sites (optimistically a thousand or so) deployed compared to the thousand(s) that Samsung has. 

ALU is also having it pretty bad but not as terrible as Nokia. 

I think a lot of people that writes these articles are failing to realize that NV 1.0 is substantially complete. Which was the bulk of the work and spending. Now as sprint goes back and activate 800mhz services and 8t8r the cost to upgrade sites are a lot lower since cell sites has the new base station gear which is supposed to save Sprint money anyways being that the equipment is new and modernized.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Before you had no equipment at all.

Now you get a shipment every once in a while that has to be sent to sites that absolutely needs it the most.

The Samsung markets are bustling with activity because they don't have the massive contracts that ALU and NSN have for China Mobile and have free space in their manufacturing facilities to make the radios.

There's a reason Nokia only has a few hundred sites (optimistically a thousand or so) deployed compared to the thousand(s) that Samsung has.

ALU is also having it pretty bad but not as terrible as Nokia.

Ugh. Hopefully this isn't for long, but getting problem markets covered first are most important. NSN better start putting their factories on turbo charge. Masa should lend them a couple hundred million or so to get the show on the road.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Now as sprint goes back and activate 800mhz services and 8t8r the cost to upgrade sites are a lot lower since cell sites has the new base station gear which is supposed to save Sprint money anyways being that the equipment is new and modernized.

Excellent comment. Especially with B26, the cost is very minimal. Now that Sprint just started 8t8r,things should ramp up some more.

• Like 1

Excellent comment. Especially with B26, the cost is very minimal. Now that Sprint just started 8t8r,things should ramp up some more.

Sprint really needs to get the ball rolling on B26, I have it in my area but it's for the most part useless. :P

• Like 1

Sprint really needs to get the ball rolling on B26, I have it in my area but it's for the most part useless. :P

At this point, pretty sure b26 and 8'er equipment is priority over everything.

• Like 1

How bout we wait until 3rd quarter results are released from the big 4 to compare what they spent on capex?

Aww, that's not as fun as blind speculation!

• Like 5

This article is so poor on research that it should have not been published.  Unnamed sources?  Jeffries probably quoted a Verizon source on behalf of Sprint.

We know that Sprint is spending the resources to get the equipment up and running. Getting the equipment, manpower and other items to make this happen in areas is the issue.   

Why do you think Jefferies is quoting a Verizon source?

The organizational structure around this change is still being ironed out--we suspect that it's a cause for the slow spending trends they're experiencing right now."

Do you disagree with this statement? 

S. Ali makes me eyes bleed fire... That is all. I shouldn't let him get to me, but he does. And now Robert has a new impersonator on fierce wireless. It's funny. Robert you are so famous that you have a impersonator now!

He is obviously a troll trying to get a bite from someone, however I did enjoy reading the very informative comment you posted regarding the matter! :)  

AT&T's LTE deployment has slowed but they are still investing in there network, and Sprint has been constant in there LTE deployment and rip and replace upgrades (some people are just impatient).  I keep an eye on RootMetrics and I have seen plenty of areas where Sprint has stolen the limelight away from Verizon according to RootMetric's reliability index. 

• Like 2

He is obviously a troll trying to get a bite from someone, however I did enjoy reading the very informative comment you posted regarding the matter! :)

AT&T's LTE deployment has slowed but they are still investing in there network, and Sprint has been constant in there LTE deployment and rip and replace upgrades (some people are just impatient). I keep an eye on RootMetrics and I have seen plenty of areas where Sprint has stolen the limelight away from Verizon according to RootMetric's reliability index.

Ive got no idea what is up with that guy. Funny that he posted that he didn't read through my post, which I know he did. It just verified everything I said in my statement. He's pathetic, and will not change his mind or accept refuting opinions or facts.

Ive got no idea what is up with that guy. Funny that he posted that he didn't read through my post, which I know he did. It just verified everything I said in my statement. He's pathetic, and will not change his mind or accept refuting opinions or facts.

Hmm, sounds like Legere.

• Like 1

Can't reason with a shill.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk