Coverage map updated to 10/10

dkyeager

The Sprint  coverage map was updated to 10/10.  Previously updated on 10/9 and 9/11, so we have a likely have more changes.  Duluth MN shows LTE along with Sacramento CA.  Fresno CA still shown as 3G, but likely no longer true (waiting for market launch). The Samsung portion of Sprint is really done with NV except cleanup and GMOs, both dependent on backhaul.   If you live in an unlaunched market, please review map and comment. http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=SJS:HE:Cov

In Ohio, the Hocking Hills continues to show LTE which is not accurate.  Coshocton has LTE, but is shown as 3G only.  The LTE specks shown are likely true, as Band 26 LTE appears on many hilltops in the southern part of the state, however 1x800 covers even more and likely under-reported based on my travels.  US Route 23  now has extensive 1x800 coverage from Cambridge to Stuebenville OH, thanks to Wintersville (it's LTE not on map) and many sites along I-70 adding 1x800 (most are not documented well since they belong to Pittsburgh -- a market without a spreadsheet).  The gaps on US 23 are mainly around Piedmont Lake to Cadiz. As soon as you are on the freeway east of Cadiz heading east you are covered by 1x800.  Sensorly's coverage of 1x800 is questionable.

• Like 1

All I see in my area is black in both Chrome and Firefox, and it's amazingly slow and failing to load pieces.  Anyone else having these problems?

attachicon.gifSprintSiteSlow.png

- Trip

I was just looking at it today.  It does NOT show black for me.  Also, it is not slow for me either.

I also notice that for the past few days, it's been saying the last updated date as the current date.

Glens Falls, N.Y. is finally showing up with LTE coverage more than a year after I first started experiencing it in parts of the area. Makes sense since I noticed expanded coverage through most parts of th city (that I frequent) within the last couple of weeks. Now they just need to expand a little farther north to cover where I live, though I suspect the towers that cover me are mostly GMOs.

I was just looking at it today.  It does NOT show black for me.  Also, it is not slow for me either.

I also notice that for the past few days, it's been saying the last updated date as the current date.

If you search by zip code for 20554 (where I work), does it show you black or color?  I'm trying to figure out how two different browsers at home and at work (Internet Explorer is refusing to load the page at all) can all show me black at the default zoom level but nobody else sees it.

- Trip

If you search by zip code for 20554 (where I work), does it show you black or color?  I'm trying to figure out how two different browsers at home and at work (Internet Explorer is refusing to load the page at all) can all show me black at the default zoom level but nobody else sees it.

- Trip

When I look for that zip code it shows green for voice and orange for data.  I'm using Firefox 32.0.3

Some Spark Android devices still show "no service" in Verizon roaming areas :(

For example, claim your device is an "LG G3" and type "Wolverine, MI" into the map. The *map* claims Verizon 1x data roaming, but the icon says "No Coverage"

My thing is when sprint Extended the already overstated LTE coverage I thought it was due to band 26...but it shows the same for single band as well as triband devices. Hopefully will be fixed.

The Sprint  coverage map was updated to 10/10.  Previously updated on 10/9 and 9/11, so we have a likely have more changes.  Duluth MN shows LTE along with Sacramento CA.  Fresno CA still shown as 3G, but likely no longer true (waiting for market launch). The Samsung portion of Sprint is really done with NV except cleanup and GMOs, both dependent on backhaul.   

Coverage hasn't changed since the last update. As someone else said, it's been displaying the current date as the "updated on:" date. 

• Like 1

Sad to say...But I've actually found that the B25 coverage around here (Ericsson Market) actually more closely represents the Voice coverage map more than the Data Coverage Map. I'm assuming that is due to the fact that B26 isn't going to be turned on for awhile, but still, should be more accurate...:-/

Sad to say...But I've actually found that the B25 coverage around here (Ericsson Market) actually more closely represents the Voice coverage map more than the Data Coverage Map. I'm assuming that is due to the fact that B26 isn't going to be turned on for awhile, but still, should be more accurate...:-/

This has also been my experience too, for both B25 and B26.

In my experience, the voice map is generally accurate for data in upgraded areas, with these assumptions :

- "Best" Voice = B25 + B26

- "Good" Voice = B26 LTE only

- "Fair" Voice = 1x800 Only.