Apple event Oct 16th, new iPads likely

nobius

That iMac is gorgeous! But I'm sure not buying one anytime soon. If someone wants to donate one to me, I won't turn it down, though! :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'm happy they finally updated the mini, though it's too late for me as I ended up finding a good deal on an older iMac instead when I needed a new one earlier this year.

Can't believe there still hasn't been an Apple TV update.  

• Like 1

I'm confused as to what's different between the iPad Mini 2 and the iPad Mini 3? All I see is the 3 gets Touch ID, more LTE bands, and a gold color option. No A8, no reduction in size, weight, or thickness, and no upgraded display. What was the point of calling it a third generation? This is probably the worst incremental upgrade that I have ever seen Apple do. I'm very disappointed with this. I guess the mini is taking a backseat to the original iPad, yet again.

-Anthony

Edit: apparently, the mini 3 doesn't even have Spark support. EVEN WORSE!

I'm excited for that new Mac Mini. I'd love to buy that mid-range one for the processor, drop in a SSD and 16GB of RAM, and get to Monoprice and buy a 4K display.

Or, jut plunk down the $2500 for the new 5k iMac. Yeesh. That's a lotta computer. LOL

Now that the iPad Air 2 has Band 41 support for Spark, hopefully Marcelo has some revised tablet data plans to introduce.

Yeah, the iPad Mini 3 is a letdown. No Spark? What's up with that? Guess it didn't make the cut-off in the design stage.

The Apple TV is still rocking a single core A5.... Jeezus... Not even a peep from them. Sad.

Edited by ipplanman

Now that the iPad Air 2 has Band 41 support for Spark, hopefully Marcelo has some revised tablet data plans to introduce.

Yeah, the iPad Mini 3 is a letdown. No Spark? What's up with that? Guess it didn't make the cut-off in the design stage.

The Apple TV is still rocking a single core A5.... Jeezus... Not even a peep from them. Sad.

I won't be surprised if their will be an "IPad for life program" same deal and criteria as the iPhone 6

I just configured a $3,250 iMac 5k. That escalated quickly.

3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit

The RAM is not user-upgradable, so that's an additional $600 for 32GB. Yeezus.

If this is true I may get the LTE version.

http://engt.co/1rgb06u

LOL @ Legere jumping on this like it's his genius idea.

If #Apple offered one SIM that works on multiple carriers in the new iPads, they'd be so #uncarrier!! Wait.. What?! They do?! #YEEESSSSS
  • Like 2

I won't be surprised if their will be an "IPad for life program" same deal and criteria as the iPhone 6

I wrote Marcelo to suggest this program a week ago.... We'll see soon I hope!

Edited by ipplanman

The only thing holding me back from buying a cellular version iPad is the tablet data/ plan options. I personally don't understand why Sprint doesn't offer an unlimited plan on tablets, I feel both tablets and phones will use the same amount of data.

Now if sprint can offer an iPad for life program with unlimited data or 10gbs for a reasonable cost then I will probably get one other than that I'll just buy the wifi version.

So, the only gains for the iPad mini 3 are Touch ID and new finish colors?  Is that really all?  Bwahaha!  I am glad I bought my iPad mini 2 both on sale and with Reward Zone certificates six months ago.  Makes me look smart.

AJ