Post Your LTE 800 Success Stories Here!

LTE should be useable all the way down to -115 RSRP. In my experience, once Band 25 gets to -115 then it kicks you over to band 26, if it's available.

B41 is usable all the way up to around -130 in my experience, B25 is good until about -115 as you said and B26 I haven't really had the chance to see a fully optimized B26 so no comment on that.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping once B26 is optimized at the towers by my work that I can get a signal at my desk. Currently if i roll my chair 10 feet back I pick up B26. Its super week though like -112 to -117. When i go back to my desk it drops off. Phone wont even find B25. 

My 3G signal is between -101 through -107 so I'm hoping once B26 is at full power and optimized it will be stronger than 3G.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Staying in Richmond the Bay Area today, was out here a few months ago. Barely can latch on B25 indoors and today on B26 throughout the area. At the place I am staying getting B26 at RSRP -85 to -95. last time here B25 cannot be reached indoors! Huge improvement and cannot wait to have B26 in San Diego.

• Like 4

I'll have to calculate the distance later, but earlier today I maintained a 1x800 connection FAR into a roaming zone in rural Arkansas. I was even able to pick up some EVDO for a short bit. This was on a Nexus 5.

I will update this post once I have figured out the approximate distance I held the connection for.

• Like 3

Strange how my S5 will camp on Band 26 LTE when the band 25 LTE is capable of faster download speed. It is actually very difficult for me to get on Band 25 even when the signal level is decent. I can drive right by several sites with great band 25 and the phone sticks to band 26 most of the time even though the band 26 is starting to get congested

This is the exact the same thing happening to the tower near my house. My phone usually parks at B25 (around -99 to -100 dbm average) when not in use, but as soon as you engage a data session it gets pushed down to Band 26 and stays there until you let the phone idle for 5 minutes.

Since it does this to every triband phone I have seen (iphone 6, iphone 6+ and Galaxy S5), Band 26 has halted down to dial up speeds while band 25 sits wide open with speeds of 5-7 mbps. Its frustrating waiting for Sprint to get its stuff together, but in a city as large as Houston, I can't complain. Sprint has its work cut out without much lower band spectrum to play with.

Other than this network glitch, B26 has closed 99.9% of the gaps in Houston. The only time I've seen my phone on 3G is when I put it in my pocket and I'm inside a huge store on the edge of cells. But even at this point 3G is working great again so its not noticeable unless you have LTE OCD.

• Like 1

I may as well chime in here. I was at Menards the other day (home improvement big box store) that sits right next to a B25/B26 tower. I observed performance to be better on B26 (8 down, 6 up) when I walked to the back of the store, and B25 was performing marginally worse outside and in the front of the store (2 down, 4 up) even with 2 B25 carriers deployed.

In areas where B41 is present, I noticed that both B25 and B26 perform a lot better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the basement of a hotel in the fitness center. This is Shentel land, Grantville PA. In the elevator my phone snagged 1x800, and now I'm on a very usable -115dBm B26 signal on the treadmill, not a window in sight.

My phone never hits 3G, and it doesn't like to let go of band 26. If it loses LTE, it hits a -85 1x800 signal. Even on 1x I was able to use iMessage with no issues.

I think this is what a fully optimized site finally feels like. :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the basement of a hotel in the fitness center. This is Shentel land, Grantville PA. In the elevator my phone snagged 1x800, and now I'm on a very usable -115dBm B26 signal on the treadmill, not a window in sight.

My phone never hits 3G, and it doesn't like to let go of band 26. If it loses LTE, it hits a -85 1x800 signal. Even on 1x I was able to use iMessage with no issues.

I think this is what a fully optimized site finally feels like. :)

when you lose LTE does your phone always stay parked on 1x800 or do you see 1x1900 a lot? Àre all your calls 1x800?

when you lose LTE does your phone always stay parked on 1x800 or do you see 1x1900 a lot? Àre all your calls 1x800?

I was only in that market for 2 days, and don't think I talked on the phone. :-(

When I was upstairs in the hotel if I lost LTE it would utilize 1x1900 - I don't think the network was operating only on 1x800, if that's what you're wondering.

• 3 months later...

What are the rules for using 800mhz? Is it always data or always voice? Does it hand-off to 1900 or 2100? Or maybe the tower adjusts the frequencies dynamically to meet the demand?

In Leola, PA  Lancaster County I am seeing the 1x800 signal coming from what I approximate to be the Nextel antennas on the Quarry Road Municipal Water Tower. Also getting 1x800 around Wyomissing, Reading PA.  Managed to get 20MBS and 7MBS up by Route 78 but that was on 2.1ghz.

1352563496.png

For the most part Ephrata, New Holland, Leola appears to average about 2-3MBS down. However, it gets as low as 400-500kbs if you are only pulling 3G.

Edited by techfranz

What are the rules for using 800mhz? Is it always data or always voice? Does it hand-off to 1900 or 2100? Or maybe the tower adjusts the frequencies dynamically to meet the demand?

In Leola, PA  Lancaster County I am seeing the 1x800 signal coming from what I approximate to be the Nextel antennas on the Quarry Road Municipal Water Tower. Also getting 1x800 around Wyomissing, Reading PA.  Managed to get 20MBS and 7MBS up by Route 78 but that was on 2.1ghz.

For the most part Ephrata, New Holland, Leola appears to average about 2-3MBS down. However, it gets as low as 400-500kbs if you are only pulling 3G.

1x800 is voice/minimal data. Band 26 LTE (800 MHz LTE) is data-only. And Sprint does that operate on 2100 MHZ, that is reserved for AWS IIRC.

Sprint operates in the 800 MHz range (1x800, a.k.a. Band Class 10 or SMR, which is for voice and minimal date; and Band 26 LTE, a.k.a. 800 LTE or ESMR, which is data only), 1900 MHz range (1x1900/1xRTT, a.k.a. Band Class 1 or PCS, which is for voice and minimal data; EVDO 1900, which is data only and is also PCS; Band 25 LTE, a.k.a. 1900 LTE, which is data only, and is also PCS), and the 2500-2600 MHz range (Band 41 LTE, a.k.a. 2500/2600 LTE or EBS/BRS, which is also data only).

TL:DR, 1x800 is, for all intents and purposes, voice only. And 2100 is part of AWS (again, IIRC), which Sprint doesn't use.

-Anthony

I may have had Signal Check App set to see neighboring carriers and maybe the 2100 was from Tmobile or somebody.

Is the 2500-2600 the old Clear spectrum?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk