Q3 2014 Earnings (Predictions)

IamMrFamous07

Shentel Results

Continuing to add customers. 18% of customers have tri-band phones. Added 5,303 postpaid customers in the quarter. Returned to a net importer of customers with ports-in exceeding ports-out from VZ and ATT. 20% market share.

532 sites in total

84% of sites have 2 LTE carriers (second carrier being made up of 5% at 1900 , 95% at 800)

8% of sites have 3 carriers of LTE using 20mhz of 1900 and 10mhz of 800.

70% of all traffic LTE.

AVG usage of 3.3GB per month per LTE user which is significantly higher than other companies report. Seems to indicate if there is capacity customers will use it. EVDO usage is flat. 800 voice on 93% of towers.

I get the feeling Shentel may attempt to buy or merge with nTelos. They made it a point to say "While we won't comment on any particular acquisition opportunity, we remain open to any which make strategic sense as well as being open to a mutually beneficial expansion on our relationship with Sprint.” Seems to be pretty pointed to me.

Identified 125 sites to deploy 2.5GHz on. Will begin to deploy in 2015. Sites will be prepared to launch on by early next year (i.e. backhaul). $150k - $175k per site to set up. For the most part in metro areas but also will deploy to rest areas/truck stops along I81/PA Turnpike where demand is high.

• Like 12

Cancelled my hotspot line today becauuuuuuuse ... I'm officially up and running with 3 Mbps Verizon DSL!  Welcome to 2005, I know!

Interestingly I first asked if they had a "suspend" option - I was thinking would be nice in case the power and/or DSL goes out.  They said they could do that (had to check with someone a few times) but it would cost $8.99 a month.  Um, no thanks.

Not surprisingly, I had to press 5 for "Something else" in the menus TWICE before I could get to the option to cancel!  But it was actually easy and painless after that.  They didn't try to get me to stay or anything.

• Like 2

Did they just say they expect Sprint to post similar additions to T-Mobile?

Yes. Trefis also justifies it by saying because T-Mobile got those kinds of gains, Sprint will too. They're horrible and unreliable. I've seen similarly stupid analyses from them on other companies...

They are also the only firm to make such a statement. Out of more than a dozen analyst firms!

• Like 1

Yes. Trefis also justifies it by saying because T-Mobile got those kinds of gains, Sprint will too. They're horrible and unreliable. I've seen similarly stupid analyses from them on other companies...

They are also the only firm to make such a statement. Out of more than a dozen analyst firms!

While I am optimistic for sprint and hope they were in the positive this time, I do not think they will come close to tmobiles numbers. Definitely not

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

They are also the only firm to make such a statement. Out of more than a dozen analyst firms!

Thats not exactly what they said. They are basing it off of CIRP stating that Sprint added more customers than T-mobile over the july to september period. I will admit though that i would be very surprised if Sprint added a higher number of customers than T-Mobile did.

• Like 1

If the future is bullish on Sprint, I am surprised that there have been no reports of insiders buying shares, such as Claure or other high-level executives.

There has, however, been talk that Softbank can easily buy the remaining 20% of Sprint for less than $5 billion.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2014/10/30/sprint-credit-suisse-ups-to-hold-softbank-could-buy-them-out/

Find it hard to believe 1/2 of ntelos is 4g

It's simply not available to use for Sprint customers. Neal had an explanation on this but I'm too lazy to go and find it at the moment.

Probably using a different PLMN, would be my guess.

Probably using a different PLMN, would be my guess.

No he implied that nTelos would be doing a whole new buildout for Sprint instead of simply allowing Sprint users to use the equipment that's already there.