LTE roaming - when does it become active?

adamjamessimon

Does anybody know when LTE roaming under the recent agreements sprint has made goes into effect?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Probably not. I imagine a lot of stupid bickering and petty negotiations are going on over pricing.

Probably not. I imagine a lot of stupid bickering and petty negotiations are going on over pricing.

I thought that when they announced agreements all of that bickering had already been done... I do notice my phone no longer holds on to terrible fringe 1x in rural Kentucky and now pops onto evdo with bluegrass cellular...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anybody know when LTE roaming under the recent agreements sprint has made goes into effect?

Yes, somebody knows.  He might know.

brightstar-2007.jpg

But we do not.

AJ

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

There are still no devices that even support all the necessary bands. At this time you will probably need a Ganaxy S6 or next year model phone.

Some phones may have support for roaming but not on the full scope of bands.

There are still no devices that even support all the necessary bands. At this time you will probably need a Ganaxy S6 or next year model phone.

Some phones may have support for roaming but not on the full scope of bands.

I actually think the nexus 6 is completely compatible...

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Just to be clear, is this referring to native LTE roaming, effectively increasing the Sprint LTE footprint? (And with no roaming charges)

As far as I know that's the only LTE roaming they have announced...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but C Spire's coverage maps show full 4G data on the entire Sprint footprint. Is LTE roaming now active for C Spire subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Spire subs have roamed Sprint LTE for some time now.

The small carriers have had LTE roaming on sprint for a while. What's holding up Sprint is that a lot of these CCA carriers don't have accessible LTE networks of their own (or are LTEira) so Sprint has nothing to roam on.

The small carriers have had LTE roaming on sprint for a while. What's holding up Sprint is that a lot of these CCA carriers don't have accessible LTE networks of their own (or are LTEira) so Sprint has nothing to roam on.

I'm just looking forward to roaming onto bluegrass cellular

• Like 1

Some small carrier still cannot roam on Sprint. Probably because their back office is not ready.

I'm just looking forward to roaming onto bluegrass cellular

I'm ready for Appalachain Wireless roaming!  At least on BG you are on 3G.  AW is only 1x. :-( 

Wow.  July 2015 eh?  That is exciting!  Is a lot going to come online then, or is it going to be a carrier here and there through 2015?

Seems like a new phone will be a must that supports 700MHz.  The M9 or S6 going to support 700MHz on Sprint LTE roaming?

I'm ready for Appalachain Wireless roaming! At least on BG you are on 3G. AW is only 1x. :-(

Wow. July 2015 eh? That is exciting! Is a lot going to come online then, or is it going to be a carrier here and there through 2015?

Seems like a new phone will be a must that supports 700MHz. The M9 or S6 going to support 700MHz on Sprint LTE roaming?

Didnt get specifics on rollout. I know the nexus 6 is fully compatible with the roaming offerings.

Didnt get specifics on rollout. I know the nexus 6 is fully compatible with the roaming offerings.

I wonder how they'll activate it on the Nexus 6. It seems that certain bands are disabled and enabled based on the SIM that's inserted. For example, a Sprint SIM disables Band 12 and only enables bands 25, 26, and 41. When people try enabling band 12 manually it basically breaks the phone and requires the radio to be reflashed to work again.

Is this something they can push down remotely (ie update the "application" on the UICC to report that it uses additional bands now), or will it require a software update to enable the roaming bands?

Sent from my Nexus 6

active bands and band scanning priority can be updated via profile update, however I would expect that due to current issues with enabling b12, that a firmware/radio update will have to be OTA'd before they enable it on the n6.

other devices may not have the same problem with b12 and just need a profile update.

I wonder how they'll activate it on the Nexus 6. It seems that certain bands are disabled and enabled based on the SIM that's inserted. For example, a Sprint SIM disables Band 12 and only enables bands 25, 26, and 41. When people try enabling band 12 manually it basically breaks the phone and requires the radio to be reflashed to work again.

For whatever reason, the SIM/enabled band(s) issue seems specific to Motorola.  From the Nexus 6 reports here, I have since inferred that enabling band 12 is probably what put my first 2014 Motorola X into a boot loop a few months ago.

AJ

Is this something they can push down remotely (ie update the "application" on the UICC to report that it uses additional bands now), or will it require a software update to enable the roaming bands?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I enabled band 12 without any issues....