iOS 8 Released

nobius

Heard that with 8.1 you can choose to be on 2g, 3g or LTE. So LTE only mode? I don't know

Doesn't Sprint not have a 2G network? So for Sprint it will be the same as it always has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't Sprint not have a 2G network? So for Sprint it will be the same as it always has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's talking about 1x. Yes, 1x is actually a 3G technology, but as far as the general public know, and as far as Apple cares, 1x is 2G.

-Anthony

Heard that with 8.1 you can choose to be on 2g, 3g or LTE. So LTE only mode? I don't know

So a way to disable EVDO and still have data? That'd be nice.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

So a way to disable EVDO and still have data? That'd be nice.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Probably not. The option is just allowing you to choose the highest technology you want your phone to connect to.

-Anthony

SMS Continuity is coming with iOS 8.1. That explains why the 8.1 beta dropped so fast.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/01/ios-yosemite-gm-sms-forwarding/

Not really. I assumed from the get-go that Apple Pay would be part of 8.1.  Apple usually increments the tenth spot for major feature improvements.

Glad SMS continuity is coming soon, though. 

Is anyone running the beta or are we all on ios 8.0.2?

Running 8.1 Beta 2 for a few days now and I don't notice many changes. It feels a tad bit snappier when opening apps and going through menu's but that's about it. It's still just as buggy and crash-prone as 8.0.2 and battery life is just as awful. I can watch it fall from 60% to 40% in almost 20 minutes sometimes. Sometimes it will drop 3-5% at a time. I really wish Apple was still signing 7.1.2.

Running 8.1 Beta 2 for a few days now and I don't notice many changes. It feels a tad bit snappier when opening apps and going through menu's but that's about it. It's still just as buggy and crash-prone as 8.0.2 and battery life is just as awful. I can watch it fall from 60% to 40% in almost 20 minutes sometimes. Sometimes it will drop 3-5% at a time. I really wish Apple was still signing 7.1.2.

What device are you using? My 5s's battery life has been phenomenal on iOS 8.

-Anthony