iOS 8 Released

nobius

I've been using the GM for a week and the first time a call came in on my phone in the other room while I had my iPad on the toilet was freaky . It's really nice though, no setup required... It just "knows".

It's also a great solution in marginal signal areas. I can put my phone over by a window or wherever gets decent signal, then handle the calling and SMS on my iPad.

I've been using the GM for a week and the first time a call came in on my phone in the other room while I had my iPad on the toilet was freaky . It's really nice though, no setup required... It just "knows".

It's also a great solution in marginal signal areas. I can put my phone over by a window or wherever gets decent signal, then handle the calling and SMS on my iPad.

Funny, I can't receive calls on my iPad. [emoji20] they must have disabled that too like SMS continuity.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Funny, I can't receive calls on my iPad. [emoji20] they must have disabled that too like SMS continuity.

It requires a iPad 4th Generation or later to work...doesn't work on my 3rd gen iPad (first retina iPad) :-(

For the calling and SMS portion of continuity, does your phone need to be connected to the same wifi network as the iPad?

Yes, according to Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Nope, just had a phone call come in and my iPad Air was ringing too.  Freaked me out at first.

Edit: Just tested again having my wife disable wifi/cell data on her iPhone and calling me.  I was able to have a speakerphone call with her from my iPad Air.  So the calling part of Continuity works.

Then why isn't mine working? :(

Your mini and phone are on the same Wifi network and use the same iCloud account?

Here's the requirements for Continuity:

• Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

Your mini and phone are on the same Wifi network and use the same iCloud account?

Here's the requirements for Continuity:

• Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation).

Yep, everything matches up to what I need, but it still doesn't work.

Yep, everything matches up to what I need, but it still won't work

Just tested a call to my wife who has an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini and it worked. It did take a little longer to ring. Something with your router maybe?

Bluetooth turned on both devices?

Bluetooth isn't needed. I keep mine off and it works.
  • Like 1

So after further testing, answering cellular phone calls from your iPad does not require Bluetooth, but Handoff of apps does require Bluetooth.  Having Airplay on is not needed.

BTW, If you answer a call on your iPad, you can then go to your iPhone and tap Return to Call and it will finish the call back on your iPhone.

I can't wait for Yosemite and for SMS texting from your iPad and Mac.  That's going to be really nice.

As soon as I get back to visalia I'll be trying this fix. Thanks for posting! I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone else having a problem with aftermarket keyboards do not appear or "stick"?

I have swiftkey installed, and depending on the application, it will either load a lousy default Apple keyboard, or Swiftkey.

Kinda annoying that I have to keep going to the settings whenever texting to switch keyboards.

• Like 1

Anyone else having a problem with aftermarket keyboards do not appear or "stick"?

I have swiftkey installed, and depending on the application, it will either load a lousy default Apple keyboard, or Swiftkey.

Kinda annoying that I have to keep going to the settings whenever texting to switch keyboards.

I had to turn off Swiftkey because it wouldn't work with Tweetbot. I've seen somewhere that you can't use third party keyboards for passwords for security reasons.