EVO 3D Going Pre-Paid? Bringing unlimited 4G to Virgin?

BenChase7

Rumor has it that the EVO 3D will soon migrate from Sprint over to Sprint's pre-paid division, Virgin Mobile. This will be a pretty nice offering for a prepaid carrier, especially since its getting Android 4.0/ICS "soon." Additionally, If it brings unlimited 4G (WiMax) data along with it.. It would be a steal for those with solid 4G WiMax coverage. I think some people are going to have a great option available if this holds true.

http://phandroid.com...s-htc-evo-v-4g/

• Like 1

That would be pretty sweet for Virgin Mobile customers.

Yes it would. Plus it would be a good addition to Virgin's smartphone lineup. And I can also see this as a way for Sprint to satisfy contract requirements for purchase amounts with HTC.

• Like 1

Yes it would. Plus it would be a good addition to Virgin's smartphone lineup. And I can also see this as a way for Sprint to satisfy contract requirements for purchase amounts with HTC.

I agree! Sprint could keep selling the same phone even after they EOL it, while Virgin Mobile customers get a nice dual core, qHD, etc. phone to add to their line up. Win-Win situation. I just wonder if VM customers will have to pay an extra 10 bucks a month to get access to Clear's network. I guess at VM's prices, an extra 10 bucks is still a pretty good deal if you get unlimited 4G (assuming you're in a WiMax area).