Sharp AQUOS Crystal User Thread

COZisBack

I think Sprint Prepaid, Virgin and Boost offer it for $149.99.  Sprint Postpaid and Ting are $239, AFAIK.  If you buy the Sprint Prepaid, Virgin or Boost models, they are locked to those companies and cannot be moved over to Sprint Postpaid ever.

Interesting, it isn't on the Ting site, but they'll activate a postpaid version of the phone if brought over?

If so, then Ting would definitely be the cheapest as far as the service plan goes... since I'd just buy a data pack and never use any voice/minutes.

Interesting, it isn't on the Ting site, but they'll activate a postpaid version of the phone if brought over?

If so, then Ting would definitely be the cheapest as far as the service plan goes... since I'd just buy a data pack and never use any voice/minutes.

You better double check on Ting before buying. I thought I remember them saying that you could port over any Sprint Triband phone. But you may not be able to ever port it back. But a cheap Sprint Postpaid plan, especially on a full Framily would be a good way to go too.

You better double check on Ting before buying. I thought I remember them saying that you could port over any Sprint Triband phone. But you may not be able to ever port it back. But a cheap Sprint Postpaid plan, especially on a full Framily would be a good way to go too.

Good point, my family has a Framily with 2 free spots on it. If I can join that and have both lines show up under my "My Sprint" account... B)

i know this phone hasn't been out very long, but was wondering if those who have it would recommend it for their less than tech savvy relatives?

my dad (late 50's) is still using the original HTC EVO that he got when we switched to sprint back when it came out. i've convinced him to get a new phone but he doesn't want to spend a lot and doesn't need anything fancy/high end. just something that works good and has good reception for calls.

i was thinking about either this phone, or getting a used LG G2. he is hesitant about a used phone though (i'm not) so is probably going to lean this way. thoughts from anyone on if this would be a good one to get for him?

Sprint will not let ting activate most phones bought from sprint if less than a year old. A nexus 5 bought from the play store would be approved, the same phone if bought from sprint would not have been allowed.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Gotcha.

Will Sprint let me get an Aquos and activate it on a Framily plan if I went in tonight? I am a SERO customer currently, can I have these two very different types of plans on my account?

(Would they show up as separate lines in "My Sprint?")

i know this phone hasn't been out very long, but was wondering if those who have it would recommend it for their less than tech savvy relatives?

my dad (late 50's) is still using the original HTC EVO that he got when we switched to sprint back when it came out. i've convinced him to get a new phone but he doesn't want to spend a lot and doesn't need anything fancy/high end. just something that works good and has good reception for calls.

i was thinking about either this phone, or getting a used LG G2. he is hesitant about a used phone though (i'm not) so is probably going to lean this way. thoughts from anyone on if this would be a good one to get for him?

If my Dad were in the market for a smartphone, this would definitely be the one I'd recommend, personally. Triband, Wi-Fi calling support, low price... it gets the S4GRU seal of approval, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Gotcha.

Will Sprint let me get an Aquos and activate it on a Framily plan if I went in tonight? I am a SERO customer currently, can I have these two very different types of plans on my account?

I have no idea if you can have a SERO line and a Framily line on the same account.  Maybe someone else knows?

Gotcha.

Unless something has changed, you can have different single line plans (not sure about multiple family plan lines) on your account at the same time. That's essentially how Framily shows up anyway, if you have multiple lines but under the same Framily number.

Unless something has changed, you can have different single line plans (not sure about multiple family plan lines) on your account at the same time. That's essentially how Framily shows up anyway, if you have multiple lines but under the same Framily number.

I tried today at a corp store, they said I couldn't due to the nature of the employee plan. But I'm not sure if that was entirely true. I could always ask online. 

Guess I slightly derailed the thread... back to Aquos! (Although I bet there are a lot of us considering this as a second device)

Has anyone had issues connecting/using a Bluetooth headset? My mom got this for her phone today and her headset seems to connect but she cannot making any outgoing calls from it. She has to dial it through the phone itself.

Has anyone had issues connecting/using a Bluetooth headset? My mom got this for her phone today and her headset seems to connect but she cannot making any outgoing calls from it. She has to dial it through the phone itself.

It works great with my car stereo through Bluetooth. But I don't have any Bluetooth headsets to try out.

• Like 1

FYI The Aquos has a field test mode that overlays part of the screen when turned on, rather than taking up the whole screen like anyone else's. Kinda slick. ##DEBUG# gets you there.

As others have said, the screen is great, and the bezel-less effect is kinda surreal.

• Like 5

You could also get him the HTC Desire, it's only $216 or $9 a month on Easy Pay. He'd probably find it very similar to the EVO because they're both HTC s.

FYI The Aquos has a field test mode that overlays part of the screen when turned on, rather than taking up the whole screen like anyone else's. Kinda slick. ##DEBUG# gets you there.

As others have said, the screen is great, and the bezel-less effect is kinda surreal.

Screenshot?
  • Like 1

I just picked this up online from Boost. Couldn't turn it down.

$149 for the device, + a $50 service credit when you buy the device online. 

Their 1 gig plan is only $35 for a month, so I get an awesome device for $150, and don't even have to pay for the first month's service. When I'm done playing around with this thing in a few months, I can hopefully get $100 or more for it. Not a whole lot out of my pocket to try this thing out. 

• Like 2

Debug menu works great. Unfortunately, the ##4636# menu does not. :(

Went to the local Sprint store and Radioshack to look at it but neither had it on display :(

My store had two on display, it looked like it was the feature phone of the whole store. Such a light device, I loved it. The staff was raving about it too. 

Best buy supposedly sells these too, check stock online. 

My store had two on display, it looked like it was the feature phone of the whole store. Such a light device, I loved it. The staff was raving about it too. 

Best buy supposedly sells these too, check stock online. 

Those are the only two stores that I can get to easily around here.

Mind you, my local Sprint store is more of a repair center than store. They have like 5 phones on display.

Those are the only two stores that I can get to easily around here.

Mind you, my local Sprint store is more of a repair center than store. They have like 5 phones on display.

Not a corp store then, they are required to have live phones on demo lines for everything sprint sells. Even the phones in the glass display are live ( though probably dead batteries).
  • Like 2

Not a corp store then, they are required to have live phones on demo lines for everything sprint sells. Even the phones in the glass display are live ( though probably dead batteries).

Youre right

"Sprint Store by Digital Express PCS"

I thought id have better luck with Radioshack since they sell Boost, Virgin and Sprint.

So I found out my mom is returning her crystal because she has had a couple issues with it. She can't connect her bluetooth to it and also when she is on the phone apparently it is real quiet on both ends. She can barely hear people and vice versa. It's a nice looking phone, but if she is having issues with call quality, I completely understand. Too bad. I would love to see more phones like this.