Strange next upgrade date even though i just upgraded?

stuckinohio1

Well i have had my upgrade avaipable since 5/1/2014 but just now used my upgrade. Strange thing is my next upgrade shows 5/1/2016 instead of 9/10/2016 since i started a new 2 year contract with this phone.

Is this normal or a glitch?

Sprint contract is for 24 months, but upgrade eligibility is 20 months if you renew.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well i have had my upgrade avaipable since 5/1/2014 but just now used my upgrade. Strange thing is my next upgrade shows 5/1/2016 instead of 9/10/2016 since i started a new 2 year contract with this phone.

Is this normal or a glitch?

No your signing an agreement in September so it's not a glitch.

It seems to be "normal", at least from my end. My contract expires next month, but I've been eligible for an upgrade since June. I know this cause Sprint constantly likes to remind me of this. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My family and I have Nexus 5's on AT&T. We have no contracts. So every time I deal with AT&T I get harassed about being upgrade eligible. When I sign into my account, when I pay the bill, when I call, when I check how much of my data bucket I have left. It's obnoxious.

Dear AT&T. I don't have a contract with you. And I never will. Leave me alone! I don't want your upgrade trap!!!! YEeeAaRRRggGGHhh!!!

• Like 8

My family and I have Nexus 5's on AT&T. We have no contracts. So every time I deal with AT&T I get harassed about being upgrade eligible. When I sign into my account, when I pay the bill, when I call, when I check how much of my data bucket I have left. It's obnoxious.

Dear AT&T. I don't have a contract with you. And I never will. Leave me alone! I don't want your upgrade trap!!!! YEeeAaRRRggGGHhh!!!

Lol jeeZ.

I can confirm this but dont have a pic. It was announced/went into effect 9/12 for 2 year contracts signed after 9/12. If you signed before 9/12 you still have a 20 month upgrade until you sign another contract.

MAN!!!!! CMON Sprint why you gotta do this to meh!!!!!

I doubt they would do this but I hope they'll let me pay the $5 a month to be able to upgrade early on sero.

As long as you do financing or lease you can do the $5. Financing or iphone for life can be done on any plan. The $5 does not get you yearly subsidised pricing.

I can confirm this but dont have a pic. It was announced/went into effect 9/12 for 2 year contracts signed after 9/12. If you signed before 9/12 you still have a 20 month upgrade until you sign another contract.

I hope this is not true, it would be an idiotic move.

The entire reason upgrades are 20 months for a 2 year contract is to hook you in again before the competition has a chance to steal you away.

If the upgrade and contract end date are the same, you're free to get your new phone on any other network.

Upgrading 4 months early is a huge incentive to stay where you are.

• Like 4

I hope this is not true, it would be an idiotic move.

The entire reason upgrades are 20 months for a 2 year contract is to hook you in again before the competition has a chance to steal you away.

If the upgrade and contract end date are the same, you're free to get your new phone on any other network.

Upgrading 4 months early is a huge incentive to stay where you are.

Completely agree!!!  Would be a dumb move on Sprint's part if they got rid of the 20 month upgrades.

• 1 month later...

Did they decide not to switch to the 24-month cycle? I used my upgrade on a Note 4 yesterday and now my upgrade date is showing 6/1/16 in my account. I think sticking with the 20-month cycle makes sense for Sprint since it's one of the few perks they still offer that AT&T and Verizon don't.

• Like 3

Did they decide not to switch to the 24-month cycle? I used my upgrade on a Note 4 yesterday and now my upgrade date is showing 6/1/16 in my account. I think sticking with the 20-month cycle makes sense for Sprint since it's one of the few perks they still offer that AT&T and Verizon don't.

Go here:  http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop_landing.jsp?state=phoneoptions&ECID=vanity:upgrade

Then click on "Check eligibility" under the "Upgrade Program" section.  There it confirms what xjr2amt said.  The upgrade time is 24 months now.

Funny, my account is upgrade eligible next October 1st, and I just upgraded last week.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

so you get your next upgrade in a year. lucky duck.

food for thought. if you get a phone with subsidy why not just make your upgrade however long it takes to pay off the phone.

So if you get a cheaper phone you could upgrade sooner? that would be cool.

so you get your next upgrade in a year. lucky duck.

food for thought. if you get a phone with subsidy why not just make your upgrade however long it takes to pay off the phone.

So if you get a cheaper phone you could upgrade sooner? that would be cool.

As long as I pay off my phone off before 24 months, I can upgrade.

Oh wait! I know why I have a 1 yr upgrade, I put my phone on unlimited data. That explains that. Now I just have to pay off my iPhone before next October so I can get my next iPhone, but this time, I'll wait for a month after launch to order.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk