Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

With the Note 4, it's all or nothing. It's now labeled "location" instead of "GPS." If you turn location off, you lose all location services. I know there's a work around, but it's not nearly as quick as it used to be. 

I'm having a weird issue, and it has to be an update, an app, or a setting, but, for the life of me, I cannot find it.  My Location Service turns off randomly all the time.  I keep having to turn it back on.  And, no amount of googling has turned up anything that anyone else is experiencing that is like this.  Sigh. I guess I'll have to root it, put Titanium Backup on, and factory reset it to figure it out.

Preorder 3 weeks ago best buy and white hard to get for sprint i was told today . Guess very popular demand.

Before I left Best Buy I was told that our district had 4x the pre-orders vs the Note 3. Lots of retailers were caught off guard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm having a weird issue, and it has to be an update, an app, or a setting, but, for the life of me, I cannot find it. My Location Service turns off randomly all the time. I keep having to turn it back on. And, no amount of googling has turned up anything that anyone else is experiencing that is like this. Sigh. I guess I'll have to root it, put Titanium Backup on, and factory reset it to figure it out.

Network optimizer or whatever it's called turned on? It'll do that.

Just picked mine up today and noticing that my home wifi speeds are nowhere near the 50mbps that it should be. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Just picked mine up today and noticing that my home wifi speeds are nowhere near the 50mbps that it should be. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

No I actually have got 60 and I'm on the 50 plan!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No I actually have got 60 and I'm on the 50 plan!

I'm wondering if it's the router that's provided by the cable company. If so, it looks like I may be buying a new modem & router sooner than I thought.

Sometimes network wise my Note 4 is a little weird. A few times I've had to toggle airplane mode because data timed out. Also tonight on my drive home it lost LTE when it shouldn't have, then stayed on 3G over multiple towers until I toggled airplane mode. I assume issues like this will he fixed in a firmware update.

Anyone who lives in a higher elevation location that has the Note 4, I need your help. My Note 4's barometric sensor will stop reporting values after I've had it at home for a day or so. When I am flying, it starts working again, often once the aircraft is pressurized and it will continue to work in all the cities I overnight in, but once I'm back home in Denver (about 5380' at home), it will report a single value constantly. If you live in at a higher elevation, could you report if your Note 4's barometric sensor reports correctly? Thanks!

any tips getting finger print scan better will not work at all my note 4 , on lock screen

When you setup your fingerprint and do the ten swipes make sure to scan your finger at different angles. This way it gets a better read on your fingerprint

Edited by thearch1tect

You can try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1880781

PRL Archives

I used to flash these when I had my s3 but haven't tried on the note 4. If you try it let me know how it goes for you.

No luck with this. Let us know if you find something. 

I started running the log feature in SCP a few days ago and noticed the only b41 I'm getting is from 8TR sites? I have not on clear site in my log and I drive by numerous clear sites to and from work? Has an one else experienced this?

I started running the log feature in SCP a few days ago and noticed the only b41 I'm getting is from 8TR sites? I have not on clear site in my log and I drive by numerous clear sites to and from work? Has an one else experienced this?

Yes known issue with samsung not reporting the correct plmn to android. If you go through and look for the clear market GCI you will find they are marked as band 25. No fix for SCP in sight for samsung products.

Samsung is not correctly reporting Band 41 info, and so SCP cannot see and report Band 41. It looks like it may be isolated to Clear b41 locations.

Man this was driving me nuts. With the Mega (as well as the previous Note 2) the phones would continuously go from LTE to Wi-Fi without my input due to the Sprint Connections Optimizer app. Wouldn't be so bad, if it went to a Wi-Fi connection that I know or have set previously, but it always ended up trying to connect to Comcast or a TWC Wi-Fi connection which I do not have a password to.

So I unchecked it (Apps--> Settings--> More Networks--> Mobile Networks--> Connections Opitimizer)

and now it doesn't go back and forth, saves my battery a bit, and I have the choice of putting it on wi-fi if i feel like. Finally. I should have done this earlier on the other phones.

TS

Mine shows 2500 and known Confirmed 8TR GCI?

Correct 2500 should show up for 88ter or clearwire sites that have an odd third digit for example 01B clear sites are showing as 2500 band 41. Clearwire has a different plmn than sprint so if the plmn is 310120 it is sprint but for samsung devices this number does not change even if the tower is broadcasting a different plmn. If you have your engineering screen open you can see the different plmn/provider. Most clear sites have an even third digit meaning they show as only band 25. 

Correct 2500 should show up for 88ter or clearwire sites that have an odd third digit for example 01B clear sites are showing as 2500 band 41. Clearwire has a different plmn than sprint so if the plmn is 310120 it is sprint but for samsung devices this number does not change even if the tower is broadcasting a different plmn. If you have your engineering screen open you can see the different plmn/provider. Most clear sites have an even third digit meaning they show as only band 25.

So if I got sit next to a clear site what should I expect to see and should in be able to connect to it?

So if I got sit next to a clear site what should I expect to see and should in be able to connect to it?

The note 4 connects to clear sites band 41 but it sometimes won't show correctly on SCP. I watch the GCI if the GCI does not match the market GCI for band 25 I check the engineering screens.  For example I was just in NC Winston/Salem market which is 032 for band 25, 033 for sprint band 41, and 01B for Clear band 41. Band 41 in SCP show correctly but Columbus market has 086 for band 25, 087 for sprint band 41 and 00F for Clear band 41. The Clear band 41 in columbus shows as sprint band 25 I look at the engineering screens it shows band 41 and clear plmn. It is just something we have to live with unless samsung fixes the issue.