Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

After going through my first workday with the Note, I'm liking the battery life compared to my S4. I took it off the charger around 630am and had 42% left when I got home around 6pm (with about an hour, 45 minutes of screen-on time and listening to podcasts all day). With my S4, I would plug it into my work computer after lunch (around 1pm) to charge it because it would usually be around 50% at that point in the day.

On the other hand, I got my first reminder today that the tri-band devices don't support SVLTE when I got a No Data error message when a call was coming in  Small sacrifice to make for a phone that is a big upgrade (no pun intended) over the S4.

After going through my first workday with the Note, I'm liking the battery life compared to my S4. I took it off the charger around 630am and had 42% left when I got home around 6pm (with about an hour, 45 minutes of screen-on time and listening to podcasts all day). With my S4, I would plug it into my work computer after lunch (around 1pm) to charge it because it would usually be around 50% at that point in the day.

On the other hand, I got my first reminder today that the tri-band devices don't support SVLTE when I got a No Data error message when a call was coming in Small sacrifice to make for a phone that is a big upgrade (no pun intended) over the S4.

Just remember, if you need to use data and make a call and you're not near wifi, just make the call through hangouts. You can still use data that way.

Sent from my Note 4.

Just remember, if you need to use data and make a call and you're not near wifi, just make the call through hangouts. You can still use data that way.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that about Hangouts. I don't need data and voice often, but it's good to know for when I need it and not at home/on Wi-Fi.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that about Hangouts. I don't need data and voice often, but it's good to know for when I need it and not at home/on Wi-Fi.

No problem. If you don't have Google voice / hangouts integration, sometimes it'll show as restricted on the other end, and sometimes it'll show a weird number.

Sent from my Note 4.

At home I'm mostly in the computer room on the 2nd floor of my house and on the Mega I get a constant LTE signal, but the tower closet to my home seems to have been acting up for the last few days which is why I get on wifi at home lately, Regardless I do get a constant RSRP -94 dBm signal on the Mega as per Signalcheck pro.

On the Note it fluctuates. it goes from pic 1 to pic 2 and pic 3.

pic 1

Screenshot_2014-10-27-01.png

pic 2

Screenshot_2014-10-27-02.png

Pic 3

Screenshot_2014-10-27-03.png

At work I have no problem, although I do get a stronger signal from the Mega.

Honestly I didn't notice any lag. It wasn't until adding the wanam module and checking on the circle battery setting that the lag started. It went all berserk and slow. After which I reversed my steps and removed it. The lag stopped, I then re-installed wanam but didn't do the circle battery and so far no issues in the lag dept.

What's the link to that thread on xda about xposed with the issues?

TS.

Same here...my note 4 fluctuates between band 25 and band 26 at home and never connects to band 41 where I used to connect to band41 all the time. My nexus 5 is activated on my gfs line and we would be in the same spot and hers will be connected to band41 the whole time but the note will jump all over the place.

At work it jumps from band 41 to 3g all the time..again my nexus 5 will stay connected to band 41 the whole day..the funny thing is if I start streaming videos when I'm on b41 it won't disconnect but as soon as it's idle for a few seconds it drops to 3g

Hopefully a new update with a new modem will fix it ...

• Like 1

Same here...my note 4 fluctuates between band 25 and band 26 at home and never connects to band 41 where I used to connect to band41 all the time. My nexus 5 is activated on my gfs line and we would be in the same spot and hers will be connected to band41 the whole time but the note will jump all over the place.

At work it jumps from band 41 to 3g all the time..again my nexus 5 will stay connected to band 41 the whole day..the funny thing is if I start streaming videos when I'm on b41 it won't disconnect but as soon as it's idle for a few seconds it drops to 3g

Hopefully a new update with a new modem will fix it ...

since SP update I have been able to watch my GN4 do a lot of bouncing as well. This is my first triband phone so unfortunately I have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If you did the $200 trade in pre-order promo with Samsung, there are lots of people having problems submitting the rebate online.  Here's what worked for me:

It says it will either take the IMEI or the MEID Hex. The 2nd worked. Take off the 0x and the rest of the numbers (at least for me) were the same as the IMEI minus the last #.

Unless I just got lucky on the 3rd submittal try, hope that works for you!

Honestly I didn't notice any lag. It wasn't until adding the wanam module and checking on the circle battery setting that the lag started. It went all berserk and slow. After which I reversed my steps and removed it. The lag stopped, I then re-installed wanam but didn't do the circle battery and so far no issues in the lag dept.

What's the link to that thread on xda about xposed with the issues?

TS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/help/laggy-note-4-t2920274

There's one, but I remember other threads where they mentioned lag and xposed.  I just can't find them now.

Edited by troyd96

Question on youtube. Whenever i watch anything on youtube, @ 1:28 mark, the video freezes, but the sound continues to play. Only way to get the video to play again is to jump to different time, but it freezes again after 1:28. Has anyone experienced this?

Is it always at that 1:28 mark? I've had video freezes on my mega but at different time indexes, never at the same spot. That is so strange.

In reference to my lag issue with wanam and circle battery, I tried to re-create the issue and this time no lag and everything is running fine. I'm still perplex as to why it happened the first time around.

things that make you go hmmm.

TS

Question on youtube. Whenever i watch anything on youtube, @ 1:28 mark, the video freezes, but the sound continues to play. Only way to get the video to play again is to jump to different time, but it freezes again after 1:28. Has anyone experienced this?

I have a similar issue that happens around the same time frame. Restarting the phone will temporarily fix it. I looked it up, and it seems that Galaxy S5 has had a similar issue since a youtube update that happened in July/August. People have a support ticket in with Youtube.

I hate the stupid sniping Spark icon! Is it supposed to spin ONLY when I am connected to Band 26 or 41?

My experience is that as long as you are connected to LTE and using data, it spins. And I am connected to band 25 95% of the time.

My experience is that as long as you are connected to LTE and using data, it spins. And I am connected to band 25 95% of the time.

That's why I asked, because that's been my experience as well.

In other words, it is completely useless and doesn't provide us any more information above the "LTE" indicator.

• Like 1

That's why I asked, because that's been my experience as well.

In other words, it is completely useless and doesn't provide us any more information above the "LTE" indicator.

I hear you. Who knows, maybe sprint will make that designation once they deploy it to enough markets.

If you ask me, they should make it an indicator for band 41. As band 26 really doesnt differ that much from band 25.

Is it always at that 1:28 mark? I've had video freezes on my mega but at different time indexes, never at the same spot. That is so strange.

TS

Yeah. Its every 1:28.

I have a similar issue that happens around the same time frame. Restarting the phone will temporarily fix it. I looked it up, and it seems that Galaxy S5 has had a similar issue since a youtube update that happened in July/August. People have a support ticket in with Youtube.

Ive read about the issue with S5. And even saw the report to google. it doesnt look too promising, as the first report was more than 6-7 months ago. And S5 users are still having the problem.

I have one gripe about the Note 4 vs the S4. On the S4, you can use the pull down to turn the GPS on or off but even when you would turn it off, it would still keep your location services on using cell towers to get a rough location.

With the Note 4, it's all or nothing. It's now labeled "location" instead of "GPS." If you turn location off, you lose all location services. I know there's a work around, but it's not nearly as quick as it used to be. 

After 2 weeks, that's really my only gripe. Other than that, it seems to be working just fine. So far, I have none of the issues anyone else have brought up. 

• Like 1

I finally tried out that Harmon Kardon Onyx bluetooth globe like speaker with the Note 4. Wow is all I can say. Really nice sound for such a small thing.

TS

Wife got that for me a couple of months ago. Use it everyday at work. Love it.