Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Not impressed with WiFi calling so far. Sounds good on my end however fiance says it's super has a real bad echo.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

having same problem on my note edge. plus mms not working all the time while in Wi-Fi. great phone tho I love it so far haven't had it a week yet.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Not impressed with WiFi calling so far. Sounds good on my end however fiance says it's super has a real bad echo.

Weird, I've not had any issues with Wi-Fi calling. I had a 45-minute phone interview for a potential job on Friday, using WFC with my GN4, and the woman I was talking to didn't have any issues hearing anything I said. In fact, it was apparently clear enough for her to comment that I sound like one of the company's employees.

I wonder if there's an issue with your network or your phone.

On a side note, it always throws me off when I see your location because I live about 20 minutes from Saratoga Springs, NY, so I'm not expecting to see UT in your location.

My home internet is slow dsl but Wi-Fi calling works perfect for me. I think it sounds even better than a strong Sprint signal.

Has anyone ran into the problem where the GPS keeps disabling itself?

Constantly.  I finally had to load Tasker and have it constantly change the GPS mode to Low Power and to High Accuracy whenever Map or Waze is active.  That has made my experience much, much better, particularly with Android Wear and the weather on watchfaces (which was driving me nuts, before).

• Like 1

my phone downloaded the NK2 OTA but after reading about it I am scared to install. Any positive reports on here with the update? Battery life? It seems like every time I get a new phone then take the OTA it gets worse battery life.

Hey just curious about sosomething with these single path devices. I had an s3 before my HTC one max and I used dual window a lot on lunch to watch YouTube and txt at the same time... I wondering if that's still possible with tri band phones. Have an upgrade soon and just lookin at my options.

I know this has been brought before but lack of svlte or lack of ability to use data while on a call is a horrible business decision in my opinion. I'm surprised Verizon s marketing department hasn't taken advantage of this. Especially in flagship devices!

• Like 1

I know this has been brought before but lack of svlte or lack of ability to use data while on a call is a horrible business decision in my opinion. I'm surprised Verizon s marketing department hasn't taken advantage of this. Especially in flagship devices!

You realize it wasn't just a business decision.

It was SvLTE or Tri-Band. It was not possible (or at least cost prohibitive) to have both. OEMs weren't willing to do TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+SvLTE.

You realize it wasn't just a business decision.

It was SvLTE or Tri-Band. It was not possible (or at least cost prohibitive) to have both. OEMs weren't willing to do TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+SvLTE.

Actually if you use the words "cost prohibitive"  then its a money decision which to me means a business decision. Couple of thoughts in no particular order. Doesnt verizons note for work on multiple bands while still supporting data and voice at the same time? If it kicks you off lte during a call why cant it be designed to kick on EVDO while on a call? I guess i find it a hard pill to swallow that i can basically control the universe with this thing but yet I cant try on suits and send a pictures while talking to my fiance. You can give me all the technical reasons you want, but at the end of the day I just think its lame! 

• Like 1

Actually if you use the words "cost prohibitive"  then its a money decision which to me means a business decision. Couple of thoughts in no particular order. Doesnt verizons note for work on multiple bands while still supporting data and voice at the same time? If it kicks you off lte during a call why cant it be designed to kick on EVDO while on a call? I guess i find it a hard pill to swallow that i can basically control the universe with this thing but yet I cant try on suits and send a pictures while talking to my fiance. You can give me all the technical reasons you want, but at the end of the day I just think its lame! 

The key is TDD+FDD. Yes, Verizon's devices have multiple bands, but they are all FDD-LTE. OEMs were unwilling to produce devices that had TDD+FDD+SvLTE without jacking up the prices. Would you have been willing to pay $1,000+ for your Note 4? Doubt it.

For whatever reason (I am not an engineer) making SvLTE work with TDD+FDD is very difficult. In order to get FDD+TDD into the same device, they had to use a single path radio, which eliminates any possibility of SvLTE or SvDO. 

• Like 1

Sorry if this is old news, but I just saw this

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/29/samsung-note-4-lte/?ncid=rss_truncated

I saw this on Android Central earlier but I doubt it'll be released in the US. Samsung usually releases a new faster variant of most flagship phones in S. Korea only.

I guess we'll see what happens though.

Sent from my Note 4.

Sheesh, not this again.  Can we put the flagellation over SVLTE to bed once and for all?  Here are the issues:

• Single RF path was not as much of a "business decision" as it was an engineering choice.  It performs better and allows the designs of nearly all other handsets in the world also to be used for Sprint.
  • SVDO is gone.  EV-DO is not a simultaneous possibility -- because it shares the same RF path with CDMA1X or LTE or both.
  • For SVLTE, VZW requires specially designed handsets that limit performance and selection.
  • However, not all VZW handsets support SVLTE.  Many do not.
  • Most people do not notice simultaneous voice and data capability (or lack thereof).
  • Finally, if you MUST have simultaneous voice and data, you DO have options:  use Wi-Fi, use VoIP, wait for VoLTE, or go find another provider.

AJ

• Like 7